Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bioware's noob?

nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Bottom line, they blew it, and they blew it HARD.

I just do not understand how can you be such a noob as to hard code CTRL + A? The first thing you learn in programing classes is to never hard code anything.

How can they be so noob as to not foresee spawn camp?

Comments

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Exactly Bioware is noob. You, i and everyone else are such experts. That is why i am sitting here complaining while they are actually engaged in making games.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Spawn camping was so yesterday, today everyone are friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTaWNP2HJ0&feature=youtu.be

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    ? OP, what in god's name are you talking about? At least insert a source link to what you're referring to (unless it's some other rumor or reference to a trollpost? Just saying, post some more info).
  • nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468

Originally posted by smh_alot

? OP, what in god's name are you talking about? At least insert a source link to what you're referring to (unless it's some other rumor or reference to a trollpost? Just saying, post some more info).

Eh, you don't know the mehem the game went through yesterday?

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

We might know there was an exploit, concerning some towers that gave valor, but we don't know the details, like that thing about ctrl+A.

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    Yeah they stuffed up pretty bad. I mean empire people gained more valor in a day then was before possible in half a year haha sucks being republic...
  • channel84channel84 Member UncommonPosts: 585

Well they're quite amateurish in handling the recent issue. "The dissapearing cancel subcription button" act....epic

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I remember when companies were allowed a few f**k ups...because the genre was so new...

Now? Meh...full of a ton of ,"I need it now, and how could they ever make a mistake", donkies...

Then again, back then we expected and dealt with shit like this, and it all turned out alright....

Go back to your console shooters...image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

Originally posted by Slampig

I remember when companies were allowed a few f**k ups...because the genre was so new...

Now? Meh...full of a ton of ,"I need it now, and how could they ever make a mistake", donkies...

Then again, back then we expected and dealt with shit like this, and it all turned out alright....

Go back to your console shooters...image

Well if you like supporting companies who *f**k ups* be my guess, it's ur money

We're just saying it "f**k ups" ^^

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Kabaal

Spawn camping was so yesterday, today everyone are friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgTaWNP2HJ0&feature=youtu.be

It seems that once bioware FIXED things yesterday the players found another EXPLOIT.....to all the whiners....this is also bioware's fault i presume??

In the old days the saying was "when its red, its dead!"......seems the new generation doesnt care about pvp anymore and its all about the rep and gear.

The video shows nothing about pvp, only PEOPLE (not the dev company) exploiting the system that wasnt made to be friends in.

Maybe if you pvp'rs like each other now we can take the open world pvp and bg's out of every game now?

thank u

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

well, all the great 'problems' are about pvp. now, no one cares for pvp, so its still a great game ;)

• TardcoreTardcore Member Posts: 2,325

Originally posted by Shivam

Exactly Bioware is noob. You, i and everyone else are such experts. That is why i am sitting here complaining while they are actually engaged in making games.

You know, I may not be a professional pastry chef, but I can still tell when an aforementioned professional pastry chef f*cked up and used salt instead of sugar. Same thing with MMO players who even though they have never created an MMO themselves, still know that being endlessly spawn camped in what is supposed to be a safe zone, for mad valor points to the campers, is not a fun nor balanced game mechanic. To my knowledge none of the people who work at this very site that gave SWTOR an 8.7 rating have ever worked to create an MMO either. Does that then mean that said 8.7 rating has no relevance what so ever? Of course not. Nice strawman argument though.

Bioware made a mistake, they admit this FACT and took steps to rectify the problem. Good for them. People can decide to keep supporting them or decide their money could be better spent elsewhere.

Either way their decision is not in the hands of a seemingly obsessed apologist such as yourself. And thank goodness for that, becuse if all they were capable of was spitting unconstructive abuse and venomous egotism like you do, instead of actually expressing any ideas of their own, they'd soon have no customers left.

"Gypsies, tramps, and thieves, we were called by the Admin of the site . . . "

Originally posted by Tardcore

You know, I may not be a professional pastry chef, but I can still tell when an aforementioned professional pastry chef f*cked up and used salt instead of sugar. Same thing with MMO players who even though they have never created an MMO themselves, still know that being endlessly spawn camped in what is supposed to be a safe zone, for mad valor points to the campers, is not a fun nor balanced game mechanic. To my knowledge none of the people who work at this very site that gave SWTOR an 8.7 rating have ever worked to create an MMO either. Does that then mean that said 8.7 rating has no relevance what so ever? Of course not. Nice strawman argument though.

Bioware made a mistake, they admit this FACT and took steps to rectify the problem. Good for them. People can decide to keep supporting them or decide their money could be better spent elsewhere.

Either way their decision is not in the hands of a seemingly obsessed apologist such as yourself. And thank goodness for that, becuse if all they were capable of was spitting unconstructive abuse and venomous egotism like you do, instead of actually expressing any ideas of their own, they'd soon have no customers left.

Best post i've read today ^^

+1

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

Excellent post and hopefully food for thought for people that blindly follow and throw their wallet at a company that egotistically treats them like $h!t while adeptly marketing their product.

• SlydiggerSlydigger Member Posts: 7

Bioware didnt purposely put spawn camping into Ilum..... it was a problem with the server being overloaded in one place and not being able to handle it in a hot fix... They just put the hotfix in so they could fully patch it and make it better and playable. Also the valor was deffinetly not from spawn camping idk where you guys are getting your ill-informed info from but read the legitement posts every once and a while not just the QQ posts

• superussuperus Member Posts: 94

Originally posted by Slydigger

Bioware didnt purposely put spawn camping into Ilum..... it was a problem with the server being overloaded in one place and not being able to handle it in a hot fix... They just put the hotfix in so they could fully patch it and make it better and playable. Also the valor was deffinetly not from spawn camping idk where you guys are getting your ill-informed info from but read the legitement posts every once and a while not just the QQ posts

lol

you're being sarcastic right?

Originally posted by Slydigger

Ok...now i've found my worst post of the day recipient.

-1 to you ^^

Mayb to you this "score" is relevant .......i for one will put a score on it myself when i play it.

SO the score givven is not relevant for me.

But all this is just personal i guess then huh?

• shamallshamall Member CommonPosts: 516

Originally posted by oubers

It seems that once bioware FIXED things yesterday the players found another EXPLOIT.....to all the whiners....this is also bioware's fault i presume??

In the old days the saying was "when its red, its dead!"......seems the new generation doesnt care about pvp anymore and its all about the rep and gear.

The video shows nothing about pvp, only PEOPLE (not the dev company) exploiting the system that wasnt made to be friends in.

Maybe if you pvp'rs like each other now we can take the open world pvp and bg's out of every game now?

thank u

Diminishing returns would have solved this problem, guess that was too far out the box for the devs to think of.

The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Originally posted by shamall

thank u

Diminishing returns would have solved this problem, guess that was too far out the box for the devs to think of.

Maybe they are working on it right now...give them a fiew days.

pvp always needs tweaking, but to shoot them for it ......sounds like modern pvp'rs are a bunch of dramaqueens to me.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

thank u

pvp always needs tweaking, but to shoot them for it ......sounds like modern pvp'rs are a bunch of dramaqueens to me.

YOU CAN NOT GAIN VALOR WHEN U KILL THE SAME TARGET MORE THEN 3 TIMES+

Since patch 1.1 

from someone who actually played the game. not internet trolls.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by channel84

Well they're quite amateurish in handling the recent issue. "The dissapearing cancel subcription button" act....epic

Seriously? Now that is embarrassing...

Originally posted by getona

thank u

Since patch 1.1 

guilty.....i realy dont pvp anymore since a fiew years.....its just that modern pvp'rs are such whiners these days.

That was my point....they will fix it....and they did yesterday it seems.

• getonagetona Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by getona

thank u

Since patch 1.1 

guilty.....i realy dont pvp anymore since a fiew years.....its just that modern pvp'rs are such whiners these days.

yesterday patch was to fix campers, the camping was way before 1.1.

turret now do massive damage so u cant camp people.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

So release a game and then fix the exploits. Yeah I think DCU did the same thing. Didnt work out all that well with people...