Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Changing Systems to Get It Right

Comments

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

I liked the scrolls.

I'm out leveling. I find a huge lance that takes up 50 INV SPACE BLOCKS.

I take my trusty ID scroll, right click, ID the lance, find out it sucks, and then toss it and continue leveling without having to TP to town every 30 seconds.

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

If you read the article, scrolls are removed, and now you can right click to identify and item without needing a scroll.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by Vindictus

If you read the article, scrolls are removed, and now you can right click to identify and item without needing a scroll.

That's not fun, though. If this is the way it must be, I should be only be able to ID items that are either the same or of a lower level. If the item level is higher, I need to talk to Cain.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Originally posted by yutty

diablo died when Blizzard North got the axe, the true developers of the series.

Ya, its a shame Bill Roper moved on to bigger and better things. Right?

Right?

*crickets*

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Originally posted by precious328

Originally posted by Vindictus

That's not fun, though. If this is the way it must be, I should be only be able to ID items that are either the same or of a lower level. If the item level is higher, I need to talk to Cain.

Why? Never been that way before, so why?

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Funny is this going to be one of those threads where the developers did something utterly stupid making millions wait right before launch for actually good content and then not delivering AGAIN *cough* swtor *ahem* or is it going to be one of those threads where people defend a giant corporation for making people wait because they want more money the any b2p game should get by making it something it shouldn't be and then realizing they made a mistake by making people wait? *cough* ghost *ahem, cough*

personally i think they've already made two very LARGE mistakes with this game, persistant online connection and RMT AH, do we really need to see more fail?

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by psyknx

Identification Scrolls: Now axed from the game.

Best feature from Diablo 2...................... Why would you remove it.

Deckard Cain was a much cooler feature...and he was free.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I wasn't a fan of the ID scrolls.. in any game. Seems like a pointless annoyance to me.

Just never seen the point of it. Glad its not going to be included.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Oh well, not like I would ever try this anyway, whats with world of warcrafty art style and always-online drm and incredibly stupidly streamlined features (no statpoints? no skillpoints? what the holy gods?)

I guess I'll wait for Torchlight II.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Originally posted by Yuui

Oh well, not like I would ever try this anyway, whats with world of warcrafty art style and always-online drm and incredibly stupidly streamlined features (no statpoints? no skillpoints? what the holy gods?)

I guess I'll wait for Torchlight II.

actually no statpoints and skillpoints are probably a very progressive thing they are doing i kinda like those ideas because it removes part of the requirement of a gear treadmill which really eliminates the need for game skills and just makes it so if you have the right gear you pretty much can faceroll the content.

the problem areas are RMT AH and Persistantly online. I agree with you there.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by adam_nox

lol no one used scrolls after quest 3 act 1, unless it was a rare or set item and you just had to know. 

But with the exception of a potion button, these are all things just being removed, I don't see how that improves the game.  I was hoping maybe they were going to say they were returning to the skill tree setup of D2, or mute the colors and make it a darker game like people wanted.  Oh well.

Agreed, generally when you improve a game you add stuff, not take away small stuff like Id scrolls.

• FauzrukFauzruk Member UncommonPosts: 8

Lance of 50 inv space blocks ? They are no items taking more than 2 blocks on Diablo III ... And you can click on an item (cast time) to identify it.

I don't understand why people are whinning about the ID scrolls, it was useless anyway and it doesn't change anything to the game.

• renadirenadi Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by precious328

ID scrolls removed? For crying out loud.

For one second I had actually thought they had removed their cash-grab / PayPal RMT. But no... let's remove a FUN ASPECT OF THE GAME - the ID Scrolls.

What?

I've seen like 4 people cite the lack of having to carry around ID scrolls as the main problem with this set of changes... To me every single other thing mentioned, and honestly about everything else in the game is more important to the gameplay than having an inventory slot permanently taken up by ID scrolls...

In fact, I am greatly behind this one change.

• DarkeonDarkeon Member UncommonPosts: 48

damn consoles !!!!!!!!!

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

With so many items loaded on the AH already, I'm quite sure we'll be able to get the best items in game for a few dollars. I for one, will be happy for the AH. I would never spend more then $4 or MAYBE $5 for any item in game...but wouldn't mind putting down $4 for the best weapon in game for example.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

And you know that the AH will be stocked to the brim with stuff keeping prices down.....

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Interesting... It seems its Jay's job to remiove things from the game. And while most of us could remove things fairly fast its takes jay months to remove game features and dumb down the game? God wish I had Jays job. looks like he's just milking the cash cow as long as he can push back release wonder what else Jay will remove from the game and  howmany more months said removals will take. Senior management in D3 must be stupid or have their heads buried in the sand. haha they spend thousands (millions?) of dollars and years of developement to make feature just to spend thousands  more and months more in delays to remove said features.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

It's a bigger shame that Blizzard cannot place a few good men / ladys in place on Diablo2 to sort what has become a cess-pit of a game. Bots / Exploits you name it they all happen on Blizzards Battle nett Realm.

But the biggest joke of then all is that Blizzard turns a blind eye to the people who make money from renting their Diablo3 beta accounts out, this has been going on since friends and family testing, anyone that has played diablo2 will know the site i refer too.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Cameo3

With so many items loaded on the AH already, I'm quite sure we'll be able to get the best items in game for a few dollars. I for one, will be happy for the AH. I would never spend more then $4 or MAYBE $5 for any item in game...but wouldn't mind putting down $4 for the best weapon in game for example.

And so it begins, careful my friend its a slippery slippery slope.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Originally posted by tomato_kwan

The scroll was one of the most pointless and annoying feature for me........ I'm rather glad that they removed it.

But if a player can already figure what a item is just by examining it then the the hell is the purpose of having unidentifable items. the items not unIdentafide the player just has to examine it now alittle closer hehe, worthless time sink

Originally posted by snapfusion

If you mean that I'd pay more then $4 or $5 then no...I simply wouldn't allow it. It's a friggen virtual item. I'd much less quit playing the game then anything. It's already a "free" game (meaning not month to month, one time fee) and since it has near zero MMORPG qualities, I would never confuse it with an MMORPG (as a reason to keep spending cash on it.)

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

"Our job isn't just to put out a game, it's to release the next Diablo game. No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great. We trust in our ability to put out a great game, but we're not quite there yet"

This is what sets companies like Blizzard, Bethesda, Valve, and Firaxis apart: They do not put out a game until they know it will be great.  Sure, every game has bugs but theres a HUGE difference between a game having bugs and a game having broken or mediocre gameplay and mechanics.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by sumo0

but on the other side i also hate having to wait for diablo 3 for another month or two maybe:P

Just imagine the wait for Diablo IV...

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Originally posted by snapfusion

If you mean that I'd pay more then $4 or $5 then no...I simply wouldn't allow it. It's a friggen virtual item. I'd much less quit playing the game then anything. It's already a "free" game (meaning not month to month, one time fee) and since it has near zero MMORPG qualities, I would never confuse it with an MMORPG (as a reason to keep spending cash on it.)

I've seen F2P players spend over a $1000 dollars routinely every month.  I've also seen a rare few that have dropped over $10,000 in a single month when the promotions and sales were good enough.   It makes me giggle.  Tee Hee

• gilgamesh42gilgamesh42 Member Posts: 300

to bad bioware dident take the same approach  swtor suffered because of their greed :[