Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that the honeymoon is over. (POLL INSIDE)

Comments

• huskie77huskie77 Member Posts: 354

if only this was limited to people who own the game.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Still a 7.  Have also been around a long time, and I feel none of what Faded feels.  I'm just not interested in Sandbox games - 'failures' like Rift are quite fine for me.  It's fairly obvious which business model both game companies and investors are willing to go with (and no, a failure of a game cannot get a further $85 million in private financing.  Business doesn't work that way)

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198

I gave it a 8, but I would definitely like to see tweaks here and there. However the overall game as it stands is mostly ideal for me. Anyways I'm off to save the galaxy....or destroy it depends on my mood lol.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by huskie77

A biased poll? You can leave that at Bioware's door. I've tried the game on my nephew's computer (he bought it with his own Bday money). I knew going in what the game was before I even played it unsurprising enough. I DID attempt to keep an open mind about the game. However, every single horrible flaw about it simply turned me off within the first 4hours.

SWTOR can have its oxycodone laced cake.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Blue team vs red team pvp like every other game.  Instanced pvp and gear grinding in a sports environment (it's not real pvp it's capture the flag equivalent childish crap).  Mirrored classes.  Nothing immersive here.  Just tired of it and sick of the genre since it took this turn a few years ago from the EQ/Dark Age of Camelot/Asheron's call model of creativity. 

Stinks there isn't one newer mmorpg made for grown ups.  And don't tell me of the free 2 play games with the same issues.  Pointless.

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

A 4 for me... needs lots of reworking... or maybe is not the game for me....

I wish i could play it with no fees, offline :P

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

A biased poll? You can leave that at Bioware's door. I've tried the game on my nephew's computer (he bought it with his own Bday money). I knew going in what the game was before I even played it unsurprising enough. I DID attempt to keep an open mind about the game. However, every single horrible flaw about it simply turned me off within the first 4hours.

If you haven't played it to level 50 and tried flashpoints and PVP at endgame, your rating is based on bias and agenda.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

By those standards I dont think any AAA MMORPG on the market is above a 5.  The ones that were (WoW and EQ2) have fallen back to 5-dom.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I forget what I gave the game at launch... maybe a 9.5?  Today I give it an 8.  Lots of mistakes and launch-itis, but overall a fun game that raises the bar on interactive dialogue and quest systems in an MMO.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,173

Originally posted by FrodoFragins

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

If you haven't played it to level 50 and tried flashpoints and PVP at endgame, your rating is based on bias and agenda.

Actually the fact that he's always complained about the game way before he tried it creates the idea that his rating is based on bias and agenda... but still.

I would have given it somewhere in the middle of 7 and 8,  but due to no option, I errored on the positive side, at 8.  

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326

Probably should have used random letters inplace of numbers. It seems the actual number means more to some people than what it stands for.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207

I've said since beta that the game was a 6/10 at best but going by your list, i went with a 5. 

So many aspects either missing or not working properly to give it anything higher.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

I voted 7. I am supprised how the poll is mostly positive on this site.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Jumper2kJumper2k Member UncommonPosts: 133

ill give it a 6 for now... some people are such nitpicky haters on this site ...... if you're not a star wars/bioware fan its probably not going to be the game for you, simple as that. Either way it's still a new game so give it time and things will be worked on and it will get better... if you think theres no salvaging it then it's really not your type of game and you should've probably known it wouldn't be before even buying it if you did your research because it's very much what I expected it to be personally.

Currently Playing: WoW (somewhat)
    Testing: None
    Played: WoW, CoV, AL, SWG, VC, EVE, SWToR

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by teakbois

By those standards I dont think any AAA MMORPG on the market is above a 5.  The ones that were (WoW and EQ2) have fallen back to 5-dom.

To back this up, to achieve an 8-10 Rft would need to:

1.  Add player housing or guild housing

2.  Spruce up combat a little, and get rid of ability bloat

3.  Fix up the world a bit...give NPCs personalities...remove some of the can of sardines feel of the world

4.  making crafting a little more interesting.  Not asking for SWG, but something a little less boring than gather and click

5.  mentoring

6.  more non-combat oriented stuff 

7.  Betrayal

Oddly enough, 6 of those 7 things are in Hartsman's previous game...which also suffers from severe ablity bloat

Yeah, Rift doesnt need these to be good ( I think it would need at least 2 of the first 3 to be great) but the spirit of the poll it couldnt possibly get above a 5.

edit: oh and the big one:  less reliance on currency grinds

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

I gave it a 7, and I think some people would label me as a hater.

I think this game desperately needs a LFG system. I think it desperately needs to fix the combat delay. My GCD should not cycle before my ability finally goes off - then I have to wait for the damn animation that makes my instant not so instant.

If those two things were in the game now I think this game would have some serious retention. Instead, I believe people get frustrated, like I did, and leave.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I gave it a 6 because we deserved better from what was supposed to be a top notch developer. The game was very bland, no life to it. It was the same old same old since Everquest. Sorry but voice over didn't make me get excited about this game at all.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

Biased poll is biased.

Why do you feel the need to continuously bash this game?

You should just have people add 3 if the game is sandbox and subtract 3 if is themepark and be done with it.

Originally posted by Golelorn

I gave it a 7, and I think some people would label me as a hater.

I think this game desperately needs a LFG system. I think it desperately needs to fix the combat delay. My GCD should not cycle before my ability finally goes off - then I have to wait for the damn animation that makes my instant not so instant.

If those two things were in the game now I think this game would have some serious retention. Instead, I believe people get frustrated, like I did, and leave.

Valid points.  I think  objective readers might give the game anything from a 5 to a 9.  If you rate it below 5 or give it a 10, I feel that you would be unfair.  10's?  1's?  Man, some people are biased.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by omome

Biased poll is biased.

You should just have people add 3 if the game is sandbox and subtract 3 if is themepark and be done with it.

Becuase a shoddy,sorry excuse for a 'AAA MMO title' deserves to be bashed?

Originally posted by tank017

Biased poll is biased.

What gets me is that instead of posting on a game forum for a game you like, or doing something fun, people feel the need to bash this game.... not "one and done" style either.  These people are making SWTOR their main hobby, and they don't even like the game, ROFL!  What else gets me?  The most popular response on the poll is "8"... basically meaning that a great deal of respondants are loving the game.  The poll backfired!  And yeah, Tiala and several others do bash SWTOR 24/7... but if we all agreed on everything it would not be very interesting.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596

4 from me.  This game needs a lot of work to have any staying power.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Originally posted by tank017

Biased poll is biased.

What gets me is that instead of posting on a game forum for a game you like, or doing something fun, people feel the need to bash this game.... not "one and done" style either.  These people are making SWTOR their main hobby, and they don't even like the game, ROFL!  What else gets me?  The most popular response on the poll is "8"... basically meaning that a great deal of respondants are loving the game.  The poll backfired!  And yeah, Tiala and several others do bash SWTOR 24/7... but if we all agreed on everything it would not be very interesting.

I come here to talk about one of my hobbies,which is MMO's

ToR just so happens to be the hot topic in the MMO World right now,thus people talk about it..

nothing else to it really.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I gave it a #1. Why ? Because I think the Bioware decision makers...don't know...and don't care to know what will pull this game together.And I wish it weren't so.To see all this energy and excitement by players squandered because Bioware leaders don't know what thay don't know.So this potentially magnificent ship is going to slide slowly beneath the waves...just like Rift......just like War  etc etc.