Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

come on

steeler989steeler989 Farmington, MNPosts: 665Member Uncommon WTF??? This is the off topic part of these forums. We should be able to talk about the SOPA and PIPA Bills. This will kill the internet.

I have been looking through these forums and all of the SOPA and PIPA threads have been locked. WHY??? It is fit for the off topic discussion board, IT IS A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR DEAL RIGHT NOW. And to me, it looks like you guys don't care...

What i am trying to say is, don't lock these threads about the SOPA and PIPA bills. This community should be able to talk about it on these forums. Plus, you have no reason to block the threads, or "LOCK" them in your terms.

IF, you do have a reason to block these types of threads, please, tell the community. We are very worried right now that these could get passed. Websites like this one COULD get shut down.

Spread the word.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson LondonPosts: 1,167Member

They should get rid of the religion and politics ban.

• JayBirdzJayBirdz Clarksville, TNPosts: 1,017Member

One of two articles they have had on SOPA.  Maybe even testing the waters. Have at it (In one of those threads).   R&P left a bad taste in their mouth. Though what does one expect when you give people a free for all political forum.  SOPA  is color blind (politically speaking Red/blue ect.).

It's even promoted on the front page.  A pretty big step from their no politics stance.

• DarkholmeDarkholme Wolfeboro, NHPosts: 1,201Member Uncommon

While I understand and agree with the reasoning behind's stance on the whole religion and politics thing, I really feel like in this case they should really make an exception, and I don't feel like it would create any precedent if they made it clear that discussions were to be kept specifically about that and maybe even only allow it in one sticky thread. PIPA and SOPA and legislation like this threaten this site directly, and all of us in a general sense. I would think that raising awareness of it and fostering good communication and discussion about it would be in everyone's best interests.

Just my 2 cents and food for thought...

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P.Lovecraft, "From Beyond"

This discussion has been closed.