Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mobs are too easy

admittedly, my wife and i team up. but we've begun splitting up in order to get a challenge. we'll go out of our way to say, "you take the left side of the road, and i'll take the right." and it's still so mind-numbingly easy. i used to look forward to seeing "strong" and "elite", but these words have no meaning in swtor. the "strong" dies without touching our health bars and we've even taken to dismissing our little buddies in an effort to feel like we're fighting (no great effort since the last patch has made them disappear at the drop of a hat anyway).

the last straw kind of came when we entered one zone to kill a bunch of whatevers and came upon a group of some 8 npcs in a mob. there was a little distance between the two groups of four, but we decided to take all 8 at once.

just for the giggle.

one of them was elite and two were strong. the elite one level above us and the others either at our level or one above.

we charged and in ten or so seconds, everything was dead.

i mean, huh? i'm playing an agent and my wife a marauder. there's not even any healing going on.

what i'm asking, then, is does anyone finds these mobs even slightly difficult, and if so, what class are you playing?

Comments

• watchawatchawatchawatcha Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by headphones

admittedly, my wife and i team up. but we've begun splitting up in order to get a challenge. we'll go out of our way to say, "you take the left side of the road, and i'll take the right." and it's still so mind-numbingly easy. i used to look forward to seeing "strong" and "elite", but these words have no meaning in swtor. the "strong" dies without touching our health bars and we've even taken to dismissing our little buddies in an effort to feel like we're fighting (no great effort since the last patch has made them disappear at the drop of a hat anyway).

the last straw kind of came when we entered one zone to kill a bunch of whatevers and came upon a group of some 8 npcs in a mob. there was a little distance between the two groups of four, but we decided to take all 8 at once.

just for the giggle.

one of them was elite and two were strong. the elite one level above us and the others either at our level or one above.

i mean, huh? i'm playing an agent and my wife a marauder. there's not even any healing going on.

what i'm asking, then, is does anyone finds these mobs even slightly difficult, and if so, what class are you playing?

It gets more difficult around Alderaan from my experience.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    May I ask what level the two of you are?

Most of the leveling content is fairly easy when you get to know your class well, however the difficulty does increase some at higher levels (not much, but some).

Groupin with another player makes most of it pretty trivial though.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I know I'm having a bitch of a time killing the two Elite mobs at the end of the smuggler's Tat quest. I'm a few levels above them as well. Looks like I may need to bring help my next go at it.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

I know I'm having a bitch of a time killing the two Elite mobs at the end of the smuggler's Tat quest. I'm a few levels above them as well. Looks like I may need to bring help my next go at it.

If it's the part I'm thinking, I needed help as well.  Is a Sith involved?

• headphonesheadphones Member Posts: 611

Originally posted by dubyahite

Most of the leveling content is fairly easy when you get to know your class well, however the difficulty does increase some at higher levels (not much, but some).

we're at 32 right now.

we've levelled this way in about a half-dozen games this past few years together and this is the first time we've been able to spend the game using solely the mouse. which is kind of okay as it leaves my other hand free for snacks.

we've normally jumped into pvp by this stage, but i'm not overly convinced with swtor's system and will wait for 50.

i would have thought an elite would be a little tougher, though.

we're feeling the grind today.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by watchawatcha

Yep..short hair chick dressed in red, her and Diago (SP?).

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Damage99Damage99 Member UncommonPosts: 202

Originally posted by dubyahite

LOL  A 2 person "group" makes it trivial.  What a game.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Elites are basically meant for one or two people. What would be considered elite in other games is champion in this one.

The leveling content will pick up indifficulty for you soon, however like I said not a lot but it does get harder. Some of your story quests will be more difficult on alderaan and later on as well.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

Yes.  It's over-tuned.  I needed help and was 3 levels over the mission.

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Well the game is too easy. The first 4 FPs can be two manned at level. That is just wrong.

• Epierce41Epierce41 Member Posts: 23

(Accidental double post)

• Epierce41Epierce41 Member Posts: 23

I agree wholeheartedly.

This is the boon of a game balanced around being able to solo the entire story arc.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

The e-penis is strong with this thread

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

just for the giggle.

I don't believ a word you just said. I play IA and i die a lot. The moment i get two strong oponents i get my ass handed to me. I am lvl 36 and currently in Hoth. Ofcourse everything is easier if you outlevel mobs by 2 to 3 levels or you are playing dps / healer or tank / healer combo. If u are engaging mobs at equal levels or one or two higher your level, it is not easy at all.

So many factors come into play but you told us nothing. 

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433

I can assure you that things can get ugly fast if you're not paying attention.

As a tank class I'm more resistant to this, but I see my health dropping damn fast when I pull a few too many mobs, even though I outlevel the current planet I'm on (Belsavis).

You can expect a difficulty increase around Tatooine.

An elite is not a mob that is only meant for a group in this game, everyone can take down a single elite. Wait until the strong mobs get health increases and start to spam nasty abilities like snipe or grav round that blast right through your defenses, then wait until you've got 2 in a group, possibly with more mobs thrown in.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by Thorbrand

Well the game is too easy. The first 4 FPs can be two manned at level. That is just wrong.

I found the single player stuff is pretty on target, I like the group tasks a lot more, the first time I did the black talon it was a blast. I've been grouping a lot more lately for the harder side story's.
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

just send your pet do the crafting and solo everything then come back to complain the option is there to make it harder if you chose it,true there is no title or achievement that i know of for E-penning like saying galactic soloer of hutt or whatever.but you can solo if you chose to

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

That's kinda problem with modern mmorpg's.

Open world is trival easy.  Hordes of mobs without any thrill :/

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Put away your companions if you haven't done that yet.I found the game
    Much more challenging doing that,but I played solo mostly.

Originally posted by Shivam

just for the giggle.

I don't believ a word you just said. I play IA and i die a lot. The moment i get two strong oponents i get my ass handed to me. I am lvl 36 and currently in Hoth. Ofcourse everything is easier if you outlevel mobs by 2 to 3 levels or you are playing dps / healer or tank / healer combo. If u are engaging mobs at equal levels or one or two higher your level, it is not easy at all.

So many factors come into play but you told us nothing. 

what do you do that gets you dead?

"the others either at our level or one above." in my world doesn't translate into "outlevel mobs by 2 to 3 levels", but thanks for the concept. we keep trying to go ahead, but then we'd miss quests after just picking them up.

we're playing dps/dps. mainly because both of us have that kind of mindset. i can't say which of us might cop most aggro, because we split mobs/areas as i said  when i wrote; but we've begun splitting up in order to get a challenge. we'll go out of our way to say, "you take the left side of the road, and i'll take the right." and it's still so mind-numbingly easy.

you say i told you nothing, but judging by the points you made, i told you everything.

it's a little too easy. what else do you want to know? my shoe size is a 7.5, i chew on choc-coated licorice when shooting stuff, my keyboard needs a clean, and i'm addicted to hearing that star wars laser sound.

• GibboniciGibbonici Member UncommonPosts: 472

Yes.  It's over-tuned.  I needed help and was 3 levels over the mission.

Me too.

One one occasion I did manage to kill Diago and I was so busy punching the air and making a knob of myself that i didn't notice the Sith lady aggro onto me. I probably don't need to tell you what happened next...

Anyway, back to the OP - I agree that mobs are too easy in general, but rather than having them buffed up and diminish our hero status (because that's what we're supposed to be) I'd like to see them do more stuff, such as call for backup, set off alarms (thus raising the aggro range of other mobs in the area), kite us and that sort of thing.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

"mobs are too easy" and when they oppose a challenge, theyre too hard. JUST STOP THE FRIGGIN crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the missions and mobs aren't supposed to ruin your experience nor are the soloable missions supposed to be a chore.. that's in the past (ála everquest in the 90's), if you want harder mobs, go whip a champion mob. I bet you'll be back here to correct your cry about easy mobs.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

Originally posted by tank017

Put away your companions if you haven't done that yet.I found the game Much more challenging doing that,but I played solo mostly.

yah, we dismissed ours. my wife doesn't like hers anyway and judging by its stats, it doesn't like her either. :P

anyway, i was just curious.

Originally posted by Fusion

"mobs are too easy" and when they oppose a challenge, theyre too hard. JUST STOP THE FRIGGIN crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want as tissue, pal?

i've never opposed a challenge in my life.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

HEROIC +2 are meant for 2 players, if you do the regular missions DUO, what do you expect?

if you really want duoable challenge, EQ1 is the game for you, or AO, if you want any of the post 2004 games, you shall not have any challenge DUOing the basic missions/quests, thats just the way it is today (the WoW generation)

or if you REALLY REALLY want challenge duoing, or even full partying, pick up FFXI or the latter, FFXIV

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.