Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: SWTOR Endgame Review

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's Game Face, Pokket takes a look at Star Wars: The Old Republic and offers her review of the game at level 50. How does SWTOR hold up at the highest levels? Find out in Game Face #20: SWTOR Endgame Review.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Good review, like i expected level 50. Those whiners, man we live in a spoiled world now

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

My review of Bioware's post game play. I cancelled my subscription.The compay knew players wanted a great realm vs realm conflict system...and simply chose not to do it...or even say "we know..and here is our vision of the feature".NOPE.So I'm gone....and very disappointed.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

My review of Bioware's post game play. I cancelled my subscription.The compay knew players wanted a great realm vs realm conflict system...and simply chose not to do it...or even say "we know..and here is our vision of the feature".NOPE.So I'm gone....and very disappointed.

Thats called "jumping the gun". Meaning, the game is just released, and you expect the most fabulous end game available. No MMO on the planet is released with a complete game in the exact form everyone want. None. 

Here's a suggestion, hang in there for a while and see what comes. Bioware is already keeping their promise, and released  a major update that included extra content just two days ago.

Quitting already only makes you a quitter, it doesnt prove you right or that you have any leg to stand on.

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Exactly what i mean about spoiled generation

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

OMG. Where did the blue hair go?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I haven't read it but let me guess, she thinks it is good right?

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by Yamota

She actually used to hate on SWTOR pretty hard until she started playing it :P

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by Qazaam

Well... until SOMETHING happened anyhow... :P

I won't let my cynical view of the gaming industry bother this thread though, people are finding out truths fine on their own it seems right now.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

The PvP just isn't there. I can't justify paying monthly for small instanced PvP / Capture the Flag.

I can do that for free via CoD, Unreal, Quake, BF, etc.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Interesting. Bioware never said they were going to implement RvR. It wasn't part of the plan, ever. Yet you bought the game and got angry that they (surprise!) didn't implement RvR. I would consider this an anomaly, except it happened with Rift too.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

I can't remember a launch title having this much in it, or being launched as smoothly.

I can remember people saying the same things though about WoW and predicting it's demise at launch. In time, they were wrong as you will be wrong.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by vesavius

I won't let my cynical view of the gaming industry bother this thread though, people are finding out truths fine on their own it seems right now.

What truth are you talking about? The truth that people that have been down on SWTOR all along are still down on it?  People that can't possibly consider that folks actually enjoy the game?  I like SWTOR and now I'm going to cash the check they sent me to get me to say that.  Oh, wait...I pay them.  NM

• TimacekTimacek Member UncommonPosts: 182

Originally posted by precious328

The PvP just isn't there. I can't justify paying monthly for small instanced PvP / Capture the Flag.

I can do that for free via CoD, Unreal, Quake, BF, etc.

hehe , nail on the head

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

Originally posted by precious328
    The PvP just isn't there. I can't justify paying monthly for small instanced PvP / Capture the Flag.I can do that for free via CoD, Unreal, Quake, BF, etc.

You wouldn't play anyway remember tab targeting pvp takes 0 skill.

imageimage

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

Good to see she took her time and enjoyed the leveling process...

I hope she likes the endgame if it takes her two weeks to lvl a character to max.  Much of the speed in leveling is Bioware's fault. They claimed this game was about the leveling process rather than endgame.  With a two week to one month leveling time, they better shift their focus to "endgame" activities.

I've enjoyed the game, I just wonder about some of their design choices (don't get me started on the walled in zones....arghhh).

• MalakhonMalakhon Member UncommonPosts: 224

A rich storyline that really evolves and surprises over time, so that starting out as a Sith I felt like a lowbie Slave and grew into a devious Apprentice and a powerful Sith Lord etc.

Switch over and play a Trooper who fights as a Hero for the Republic as a grunt who works his way up in Havok Squad.

Impressive.

I asked people why is there so much hatred on the forums, because I just don't see how people can't see the potential in this game.

They said "too busy to get on forum, must keep playing"

Real players are mostly playing.

Whiners are hating, and those of us stuck at work who can't play are the only ones here to represent the voice of reason. Things have become very skewed in the forums.

Don't like the game? quit. Go click a exclamation point and collect 10 chits and return to the question mark to read the quest text and collect the reward.

Me, I have patience. This game is going to be something special and if you cn't see it, you just haven't been looking hard enough.

• MacroHardMacroHard Member Posts: 104

I haven't "read" the video (?) but I'll comment anyways.  The video is the review, you didn't watch it, but thankfully for all of us, you voiced your opinion anyway.

Graphics looked nice, combat looked nice, hearing that the same end-game muck is the best that yet another MMO can come up with?  This is the reason right here why ToR is nothing new, and why I argue it might not be around that long.  Of course, if fanbois stick it out and don't cancel subs even when they aren't fully happy, that'll just be extra time and money Bioware can use to deliver down-the-road content.  I won't be playing this because I've already played an MMO with the exact same end-game content: PvE for gear, PvP for nothing.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by vesavius

Exactly.

Pokket 'changed' quite a bit in the middle of November after a trip to ****** ******, and that's all I'll say on the matter, seeing as the community staff on this site have to clear up the responses after the editorial staff publish what the administration staff tell them ;)

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by Malakhon

I can't remember a launch title having this much in it, or being launched as smoothly.

Remember Rift?

• inhabited82inhabited82 Member Posts: 6

i watch her play at twitchtv as i dont have a video card atm but i must say she is having fun.

the game has its problems but those will be worked out the game is  what  alot of people want it offers great world pvp good warzones and the pve is spot on.

is it a wow killer nah  but it sure is a hell of alot of fun to watch her playing and once i get a video card mine took and broke during the beta sadly anough, but i will be playing this game.

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

It's funny that endgame in SWTOR is so bad considering how BW seems to be catering to that spoiled generation of slackers that rush to level 50 since they usually don't have a job or live in their parent's basement.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by darwa

Originally posted by Malakhon

Remember Rift?

Rift didnt have as much in it as SWTOR, but its launch certainly was as smooth (and SWTOR has the bigger bug between the two games)

Although you could argue Rift's security flaw at launch was a bigger snafu than the animation bug

It is not about hating, when you are writing a professional review then you need to bring up all aspects and not only good one's which she seems only capable of.

Originally posted by Czanrei

It's funny that endgame in SWTOR is so bad considering how BW seems to be catering to that spoiled generation of slackers that rush to level 50 since they usually don't have a job or live in their parent's basement.

Right, it has nothing to do with the fact that it is incredible easy to level in this game?

I mean if you are not purposfully trying to slow down your leveling and just go through the content, and not reroll alts, it does not take more than maybe 50-60 gaming hours to hit level cap. That is like a month of gameplay for an average active gamer.

• MMartianMMartian Member Posts: 46

Fair review and what I would expect at the current age of the game.

Personally, I still doubt the commitment from EA to add content that is both timely and interesting over time. But the only way to remove those fears is to give them time to work on the end game content. My biggest fear is that SW:TOR end game evolves into a repeat of the STO end game where after a weekend of the new content you are bored. Time will tell on that.

For those that canceled their subscription before 30 days was up I have this to say. Unless it is a game that is not what you expected, such as it is not a free form skill instead of a class system, I feel that you are not giving it a chance. There will be launch problems and there will not be the volume of end game content that other games have. But EA is certainly working on the launch problems and so far is trying to show that they do understand that end game content will in the end make or break this game.