Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

lol New Sword of Tears event??

darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Ok little back story.  AQ originally won the sword of tears.  Cyde had the sword and used it in battle.  He died onn the field and the sword was looted and either deleted or put in someone's bank never to see the light of day.

Now they are doing a new sowrd of tears event because???  There is already a sword somewhere.  Why bring another one into the game?

What is funny is a merchant is bringing it in ( a gm) and you either have to swear to protect him in a caravan or swear to attack it.  Basically choosing sides.  Frontal a long time player is asking why can we not swear to protect the caravan and then break your oath?  You know something that would happen in the real world or a sandbox.. 

The gms are saying you will be insta killed.  How is this sandbox??

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/70855-sword-tears-vanishing-point.html#post1259543

Unread Today, 15:02

#10 (permalink)

GameMaster

Then the assasin will be dispatched!

And... you have to ask him I guess?

Unread Today, 15:45

#15 (permalink)

Arena Champion

Infractions: 1/1 (1)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM Theia View Post

Wut? NO! Punish you for signing up as a guard and swearing to protect the Prince's Men THEN breaking your word.

Sorry, did you see it in a different way?

I thought being a traitor to the emperor was role playing in a sandbox game. So that means if you do you will will be insta killed. Meh.

Unread Today, 15:57

#19 (permalink)

Infractions: 1/2 (2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizio View Post

yeah, how to ruin an event.

the possibility of having some guy swearing and oath and then breaking it is in no way an event-breaker, the opposite is the case... it spices things up.

I thought you were one of the "sanbox-defenders", stick to it, let people use the sand.

<[GM]Discord> And in the country of sweden it takes time to put things in action [....]

I see the event being another fail..  I see a zerg showing up to claim the sword from the 5 people guarding it.

I still see no reason to make a new sword when I am sure it is hiding in someone's bank.

Unread Today, 16:12

#20 (permalink)

GameMaster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aezreal View Post

I thought being a traitor to the emperor was role playing in a sandbox game. So that means if you do you will will be insta killed. Meh.

No... 

Next... ?

Comments

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Rofl, bunch of hypocrites. I guess Theia will never learn. This is really worst hypocricy possible, for a supposed "sandbox", forcing player to chose sides and punishing them for being creative. Given up trying to make rules which would work so now taking to iron gauntles, eh?

• GeroltGerolt Member Posts: 98

Sigh. Too much fail to point anything certain out.

• GwahlurGwahlur Member UncommonPosts: 201

He specifically says in the thread that the dispatched assassin won't instakill, just come hunt for whoever breaks the oath. He even says so several times.

And I'm pretty sure it's the same sword, unless it's been deleted, just ninja'd from some trial's bank. Henrik said the sword was needed in nave, so i guess they weren't happy with someone deleting it.

And yes, you can shout it's a sandbox, we should be able to do exactly as we want as much as you want, but bottom line is, it's sv's game. _They_ can do whatever they want.

Edit: and to the guy above me: another deathmatch event? Helps to read stuff you're commenting on before commenting

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

If you don't get insta-killed, then I don't see a problem.  If the assassin is too strong to beat, then flee and join the group coming to attack the caravan.  It sounds like it could be a fun event.  People bitch way too much.  They're having an event to introduce an item that they feel is necessary.  If you don't like the event, don't participate.  If you could swear an oath and then break it, everyone who swore to defend it would do so.  It's just an easier way to get to the merchant without facing any resistance until the very end.  That's the coward's way of doing it.  If you want to kill him, do it the way SV intends and try to enjoy the event - there's no reasons to look for faults in something that isn't forced on you to begin with.

• FatcampFatcamp Member Posts: 2

So you guys know. You wont get instagibbed durin the event. It will be something in the future like an hired assassin will track you down etc.

• GMTheiaGMTheia Member Posts: 204

No, no insta-gibbing (sigh, where did that come from I wonder) 

The Prince will send out the Assasin (if needed), after the event to seek retribution not during. 

Best keep your Oath if you make one. 

Again tho, another distorted thread.  Oh well. image

1/ Point out where I said Instakilled PLEASE? !  Go on... really, I'd like to see it. 

2/ because you don't know how the sword came back into play means... you don't know. try to keep the guess work out of it.  Or at least talking like you don't know because you don't.. Only those invoed do. 

GMTheia

• darthturtle1darthturtle1 Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by GMTheia

The Prince will send out the Assasin (if needed), after the event to seek retribution not during. 

1/ Point out where I said Instakilled PLEASE? !  Go on... really, I'd like to see it. 

2/ because you don't know how the sword came back into play means... you don't know. try to keep the guess work out of it.  Or at least talking like you don't know because you don't.. Only those invoed do. 

We shall see I bet that an oath breaker dies pretty quick.  Also how did it come back to play did the Feae/Fury member who looted it give it to the merchant?

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

The sword was on an account that was banned for hacking.

Next?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• DolomightyDolomighty Member Posts: 2

*Takes a deep breath*

Hello all. I'm the artist on this new Sword of Tears event thread, Dolomite and I've done some of the other art for the Gms as well... tried to register as Dolomite here but I'll have to settle for Dolomighty!

I've played MO for about a little over a year, completely solo, completely carebear, and I love it to death. I have a miner/extractor/tamer, a weaponsmith, an amorsmith, a hunter, a cook, and a butcher/fisherman. I was really on the verge of quitting PC games altogether, whether MMO or not before I found Mortal, and then I was completely hooked again. Its a great game and its getting better all the time. The problems I encounter don't bother me because I know what I want, and its to have this sort of experience in my game: a big open world, no direction, no restrictions, do what you want. That's fun for me. Being given an endless series of quests used to be more rewarding, but now I get to set my own goals, do in-game chores that I myself deem worthwhile, explore, travel, or even just sit back and enjoy my virtual homeland with its swaying trees, passing clouds, flowing rivers, and occasional frolicking naked mages trying to kill everything in sight (I know its perverse – I don't care.) Really I think people need to relax and appreciate what they have – to do these things before they get twisted up and ranting about what other people are doing with the game; falling into that mental rut of dividing the player base up into opposing camps of red versus blue, one guild versus another, players versus the Gms etc... We're all part of the same community, and whether you're a lowly cook or a mighty warrior there are going to be things out of your control and people that you do not agree with. Playing a sandbox game means that you're free to do what you want – I don't understand how this freedom seems to be continually conflated into an expectation that you're going to get your way, and to get your way every time.

Unlike most games, but not unlike old pen-and-paper games, the Gms in mortal are going to role-play your adversaries. Just like say a game of Advanced Dungeons and Dragons you can expect certain players to whine that the creature the dungeon master threw out is too powerful, that the puzzle he presented is too difficult, that the premise of his adventure is thin, that the rewards weren't worth the risk etc...

This sort of behavior is all very poor sportsmanship, indeed it concerns me that anyone would play the game if these things were distracting them that much from enjoying their play time. These complaints do not sound like they're from someone 'at play,' they sound like they're from a person so twisted up inside they've forgotten how to 'play' – as if they needed more of the same sort of stress and seriousness and agony they might find in their working or studying life in their game life as well. Its supposed to be an escape, but a lot of people haul their baggage with them everywhere and never unpack it. Like any form of entertainment, a good deal of your ability to enjoy the game is going to involve suspending your disbelief, putting aside your criticism, and having the courage to keep an open mind. Let me stress the 'courage' part of that statement. It takes courage to enjoy it.

What I see going on here I would describe with the following childhood analogy: a father (the gm) plays a game of catch with his son (the player.) They throw the ball back and forth a few times and everything is swell, but then by accident the child gets hit square on the nose. The child then runs to every other home in the neighborhood and says that his father beats him, points to his bloody nose, and demands to every sympathetic ear that his dad be put in prison for child abuse.

The Gms of Mortal help you guys 100s of times everyday, but whenever they do something you don't agree with you turn on them like a swarm of angry bees. Might I suggest that if you don't like the events that you simply not participate in them instead of wasting your emotions on ranting about them?

Its easy to go off about what you don't want – its much tougher to put into positive words that which you DO want. Do you really even know what you want? Let them see that put into words and you'll be surprised how much they do in fact listen to you all.

Thank you that is all.

-Dolomite.

So, anyone at SV who hasn't registered here yet?

[mod edit]

GMTheia

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

they obviously haven't learned a thing about hosting events from the last fiasco they did. everyone will start braking the rules, the rules will be changed a dozen times during the event, but in the end the group that brings the most fighters (AQ) will win.

so many good ideas butchered by incompetence and poor planning.   

[care]

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

they obviously haven't learned a thing about hosting events from the last fiasco they did. everyone will start braking the rules, the rules will be changed a dozen times during the event, but in the end the group that brings the most fighters (AQ) will win.

What rules?

This isn't an arena event! So oh so much more simple! 

If they break the limited rules, once swearing fealty - well then that's their look out - that's the only 'rule' in this event. 

Have you actually read it?

AQ didn't win the last event.... 

GMTheia

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

I think it sounds fun, hope it goes well.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,927

First "huge" event had 70-80 players.

Second "huge" event had around 30.

I wonder how many this one will get?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvhe2...ature=youtu.be         yesterday,,

GMTheia

Honestly I got as far as the first few seconds with the horse hoping at an insane speed like a 5 year old on a sugar rush and shut it off.  I am confused though, was that just a random "PvP happened" video or was that a video of the event?  Because this thread is about the event.. the first which had 70-80 players, and the second which had 30ish.   Did the link have anything at all to do with the events being discussed?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Honestly I got as far as the first few seconds with the horse hoping at an insane speed like a 5 year old on a sugar rush and shut it off.  I am confused though, was that just a random "PvP happened" video or was that a video of the event?  Because this thread is about the event.. the first which had 70-80 players, and the second which had 30ish.   Did the link have anything at all to do with the events being discussed?

Watch it, then make your point..

GMTheia

My point is that your video link has nothing to do with an the Event discussed in this thread.  If you wish to have a "PvP happened" conversation simply start a new thread.  It's a fairly simple concept.

My point is that your video link has nothing to do with an the Event discussed in this thread.  If you wish to have a "PvP happened" conversation simply start a new thread.  It's a fairly simple concept.

Pointing out that population is far from low, increasing all of the time etc. 

27 so far... event posted a few hours ago. 

GMTheia

Pointing out that population is far from low, increasing all of the time etc. 

27 so far... event posted a few hours ago. 

Again,  this isn;t a population thread it is a thread on the Event.  I would hazzard a guess that the population is quite close to what it was a week ago when you had the Shield event with 30ish participants and also close to the first Sword event where there were 70-80.  Unless you propose that the population has shifted greatly in the last week, your point has nothing to do with the thread.

• PancakeEffctPancakeEffct Member Posts: 42

I'm sure 27 that was the entire population of nave at that time

• drakes821drakes821 Member UncommonPosts: 535

Again,  this isn;t a population thread it is a thread on the Event.  I would hazzard a guess that the population is quite close to what it was a week ago when you had the Shield event with 30ish participants and also close to the first Sword event where there were 70-80.  Unless you propose that the population has shifted greatly in the last week, your point has nothing to do with the thread.

You brought up population in the first place mate...the GM was responding to your question haha.

As for the poplutation increase I really can't say for sure, but it makes sense that it would increase a little since the anouncement of the new expansion. I know it has brought me back and some others that I have talked to in game.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Originally posted by drakes821

You brought up population in the first place mate...the GM was responding to your question haha.

As for the poplutation increase I really can't say for sure, but it makes sense that it would increase a little since the anouncement of the new expansion. I know it has brought me back and some others that I have talked to in game.

Population =/= event attendees.  He specifically asked how many people may attend the next event.  There could be 10 billion people playing MO that has nothing to do with the fact that only 30 ppl are at events.

Steam: Neph