Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout Online: Court Rules That Rights Belong to Bethesda

124»

Comments

• armanth13armanth13 Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by 32style

The shit bethesda made is just embarrassing.

Ya, im sure there real embarassed for resurecting a dead franhcise into something even more succesful, by making fun to play games.

Better than what interplay did, or does your selective memory make you forget the l;ast fallout game that came out under interplay?

Fallout Tactics was horrible, but fallout 1 and 2 were far better overall than the fps crap that bethesda released simply because they lacked the humor and creativity that was fallout, and they were not bad games, fallout 3 and new vegas were groundbreaking, but it had the fallout name and shared some similiarites but if you can't get what was the original "core" of fallout back in might as well dump the crap and start from scratch.

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

I would build it off the Skyrim engine. Do that and you might have the best mmo every made.

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

I never got to play Fallout 1 or 2, but I did really liked Fallout 3 (New Vegas not so much).

I've also never played an MMOFPS (I usually stick to fantasy MMORPGs), but I might be willing to give this one a try.

• bisurgebisurge Member UncommonPosts: 168

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by kakasaki

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

WOot, congradulations to Bethesda. We may actually have a chance at a decent FO MMO. 

If it is anything like the FPS crap Bethesda has done to the series, count me out. image

Don't forget that ANY Fallout MMO created by bethesda will be HIGHLY instanced. Meaning, a horrible Fallout MMO.

Hey Bethesda, how about ACTUALLY learning how create a HALF DECENT Fallout singleplayer.

OH, and Bethesda doesn't believe in MMOs. So we'll never see ANY Fallout MMO before a Morrowind MMO. Just saying...

oO! Umm....... considering Bethesda is known for their Sandbox and open world approach why would you go way out in left field and assume it will be highly instanced?

And yeah.... what are you basing the last one on? Why make baseless claims that make no sense whats so ever? 

Were you rooting for Interplay?

What do you mean "baseless" claims? The lead developer for Bethesda said NUMEROUS times that they do NOT believe in Online play, and are more interested in concentrating on making a GREAT singleplayer experience. This is nothing new to anyone who knows Bethesda.

That being said, I say it'd be instanced because thats where almost every single "SinglePlayer" gone MMO developer has gone with. They look @ "OpenWorld" sandbox and immediately think "fail". I'm not really sure what you're confused about?

So you're saying that NOTHING revolutionary can come out of this? You're saying that Besthesda has NO CHANCE of figuring out some new way? Sure, it's too early to get hopes up, but think about Guild Wars 2. People who have played it have already enjoyed it, and it's considerably more sandbox-y than most other MMOs, at least according to the information we have and the demos at conventions. Innovation is not dead yet in the MMO industry.

Anyway, I actually think it's ridiculous Besthesda had to pay Interplay $2 million. Considering that Interplay didn't meet the requirements set by Zenimax on keeping the IP for a Fallout MMO, they really shouldn't have gotten a cent in legal terms.

• JuxtapozJuxtapoz Member Posts: 1

Shame, true shame. Imagine the longfaces when the court decides you no longer have the right to create a MMORPG on your "own" IP.  

Fallout IP died with the Fallout 3. Got F3 collectors edition just for the box and the little wobblyhead vault boy! 

RIP Fallout! Have fun with the clone!

A happy chaos out of which enlightenment might come!

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Juxtapoz
    Shame, true shame. Imagine the longfaces when the court decides you no longer have the right to create a MMORPG on your "own" IP.  Fallout IP died with the Fallout 3. Got F3 collectors edition just for the box and the little wobblyhead vault boy! RIP Fallout! Have fun with the clone!

Interplay borked their own company so badly that they lost nearly all the Fallout people and they nearly lost their company.

Interplay estimated a ridiculous $75 Million would be what it took to write a Fallout MMO, even though they were $11 Million in debt. There was 0 chance that Interplay would pull that off. Even less of a chance when they decided to let Masthead write the game.

Interplay sold the Fallout rights to Bethesda, and never started or did any significant work on the Fallout MMO. So they lost the rights to the game. Interplay screwed up.

Seriously, this is the company you would want writing a Fallout MMO?

Better that the MMO die than get pushed out the door by Interplay through Masthead.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.