Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CC is out of control...

Has anyone played an MMO game with this much CC ability? It destroys the PvP aspect and fun of pvping...Most times I find myself just sitting helpless, cant defend, cant do NOTHING...your either stunned,slowed,knockedback, kicked in the nutz,lightening shocked, over and over and over till your dead in about 3 sec...thats what pvp warzone is all about. Why would Bioware introduce and potentially ruin the pvp fun aspect of it, it requires no skill to do anything in this game, and the funny thing is, you get about 1 ablity to release any cc on you, on a 2min CD....lol...ya that makes sense, spend the entire fight just sitting there CC locked, and cant do nothing about it.....very smart bioware, very smart...

Comments

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

then stunn or knock them back b4 they do it to you then.....all classes got the skills man ;)

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I am not a fan of CC mechanics in PvP. I'm OK with mechanics that don't actually stun your character, or where there is a trade off...i.e. if you're stunned you take no damage, less damage or regen damage, but being stunned until you're dead is not fun. That isn't unique to SWToR though...it's part of a lot of mmorpg.

However, there are people who like this mechanic. Don't know why. Which is why it still persists as a mechanic.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741

That's probably Mythic's influence.   DAOC was notorious for excessive CC, so when they made WAR, they promised that they had learned their lesson.   Someone added it up one time, and WAR had like 144 different abilities scattered across all classes on both sides that would be some form of stun, knock up, knock back, root, knock forward, disarm, snare, silence.  It can be infuriating to have an oversaturation of CC in PvP.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Man, the CC in SWTOR is by far the most lenient I've personally come across, & at least with mirroring your side has as much as your opponents do.

Shoulda played WAR, a huge chunk of all the cc in the damn game was given to 1 class! Or EQ where Bards/Enchanters could mezz-lock you indefinitely.

Nobody likes being cc'd, get over it already!

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

I dont understand how they think they need their own CC shit, what is wrong with CC dimishing returns?

Resolve bar is just fucking dumb, I'm dead before the bar is full.

8 sec CC till dead is completely stupid, plus everyone having them + knockbacks on nearly every class.

Shit pvp game

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

PvP with no CC = dps race or pocket healers > all

Things at 50 are a bit F'd up due to consumables and crew skills stuff, but the PvP as a whole is in much better shape than WAR was at launch and close to WoW after 8 years.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Apparently, the PvP in SWTOR was designed by some of the same people who did the PvP for WAR. They obviously learned nothing from that debacle.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

thing about the CC in this game is that if you become the target for 3 or 4 players then you get stunlocked till you die

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by hercules

thing about the CC in this game is that if you become the target for 3 or 4 players then you get stunlocked till you die

If you become the target for 3 or 4 players and you dont have any team mates around you are dead with or without crowd control.

The CC in this game is very well balanced, although the resolve meter sometimes makes me scratch my head. Other players can get stunned for 4 seconds and be immune to anything, while I get stunlocked for 12 seconds.

Either way, its not a death sentance unless you are trying to be a solo hero, which is counter productive to PvP.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by evilastro

If you become the target for 3 or 4 players and you dont have any team mates around you are dead with or without crowd control.

The CC in this game is very well balanced, although the resolve meter sometimes makes me scratch my head. Other players can get stunned for 4 seconds and be immune to anything, while I get stunlocked for 12 seconds.

Either way, its not a death sentance unless you are trying to be a solo hero, which is counter productive to PvP.

Really easy to win any Warfront with a well coordinated team.

Most MMO players NEVER seem to learn that.

Joined a random Warfront the other day, we had a lot more 50's than the other team, lost Huttball 5 to 0 in about 4 minutes because the other team was so much better organized.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Yes CC is very annoying in this game, but you can learn what CC to not waste your trinklet or breaker on. The worst one is operative/scounderal's initial opener with a knockdown, 99% of the time that'll get you killed and forces you to waste the breaker and a healpack but their knockdown fills the resolve bar 100% and you can't get stunned again, playing a BH or trooper fixes that because it usually detects them before they get close enough.

The resolve bar is a bit gimmicky, it doesn't work against immobilize and slows but when it's full you can't get knocked down or knocked back or stunned again while it's full (which is very annoying when someone is running the ball to the goal line in huttball and is impossible to stop if they have a full health).

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by oubers

then stunn or knock them back b4 they do it to you then.....all classes got the skills man ;)

This.

i'm a huge fan of CC. As long as a player can't continually be chained or has the ability to break it or that Other can break it for the player I see no issue.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Originally posted by oubers

This

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

CC or no CC, you'd probably still die. :)

With that said, I've heard the resolve meter sometimes bugs out and doesn't even trigger when it fills. If this is true, and they fixed the bug as well as perhaps raised how fast the resolve bar fills a bit, I think we'd be at a happy medium.

• XxjagoxXXxjagoxX Member Posts: 148

See how all of you PvPers in the game get So pissed off..

I have Just pretty much stayed clear of the PvP in the game

And enjoy the game for what it is.. a Single platyer MMO

With Multiplayer aspects to it from time to time

Doing flash points and herorics.

I'll dive into the PvP world when i when i think its all been fixed.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Rift had the same issue at launch, then the diminishing returns patch came and everyone bitched about IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE.. really there needs to be a good balance and its hard to do but honestly when things are as imblanaced as they are now it puts some classes which have more CC at a big advantage over others. PVP and CC has always been a huge topic of debate in MMOs. Who really enjoys watching there character get beat on for 4 seconds when they can do nothing but on the flip side some classes damage is based around CC so its not an easy thing to balance out... you can see in Rift classes like dom's who are CC based got a HUGE nerf when the diminishing returns patch came because half there skills are CC based. Luckily for Rift you have a lot more combos to play with to get over this issue.. not sure what they are going to end up doing here

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by sanosukex

Rift had the same issue at launch, then the diminishing returns patch came and everyone bitched about IMMUNE IMMUNE IMMUNE.. really there needs to be a good balance and its hard to do but honestly when things are as imblanaced as they are now it puts some classes which have more CC at a big advantage over others. PVP and CC has always been a huge topic of debate in MMOs. Who really enjoys watching there character get beat on for 4 seconds when they can do nothing but on the flip side some classes damage is based around CC so its not an easy thing to balance out... you can see in Rift classes like dom's who are CC based got a HUGE nerf when the diminishing returns patch came because half there skills are CC based. Luckily for Rift you have a lot more combos to play with to get over this issue.. not sure what they are going to end up doing here

Good post. They will have to find a good balance and just stick with it as people are gonna complain either way...lol
  • vardarvardar Member Posts: 282

I dont play WOW any more, but in the beginning of that game, i played a mage, and with the 'sheep' ability it was fun, but then a patch came out soon after launch, that the more times you 'sheeped' someone, the less time they where cced, and resist went up...why cant something similiar be implemented , if the same player cc's you more then once, theree should be more resist rate to that player.....there should be some diminishing returns on cc, thats a start...

• StruggsStruggs Member Posts: 205

I will comment on what others have said. While the cc in this game seems to be a lot. I am only stun locked until I die if more than 2 people are shooting at me. What drives me nuts is the break stun atleast for the smuggler doesn't seem to have like an immunity duration. A lot of times I pop it and I am immediately stunned again. Also, the resolve bar seems to be messed up or delayed. I get stunned after my bar has gone white sometimes.

I have just come to accept that pvp is never going to be perfect ever (Have yet to play a game where it is). People will always complain I can't do this I can't do that or how come this class has this. You learn you adapt and you remember a lot of this is set up as a team game. If you don't have teammates with you and aren't focusing targets and using your stuns or if you are trying to go 1v3 1v4 you are most likely screwed.

A lot of frustration for me comes with the lack of group support and understanding how classes benift the group as a whole and not just one individuals chart scores. Top of the charts means very little when you lose.

imageimage

• nepulasnepulas Member UncommonPosts: 218

Originally posted by MikeB

CC or no CC, you'd probably still die. :)

With that said, I've heard the resolve meter sometimes bugs out and doesn't even trigger when it fills. If this is true, and they fixed the bug as well as perhaps raised how fast the resolve bar fills a bit, I think we'd be at a happy medium.

the point is you die near instantly with or without cc when your are sage , and heals are way too small i need sometimes more then 6 heals to heal myself to 100 % when theres no crit luck.

i can t even keep a rank 65 tank alive against 4-5 players for more 10 secs , when i have 2-3 crits in a row i can do a few secs longer but if need he dies in a few seconds , and when i get hit , i can t even think about get a heal on everyone except me , if i m not interupted ...

srsly pvp is totaly out of balance

Retired : Daoc , Warhammer , WoW , Lotro , Tabula Rasa , Everquest 2 , Aion, Eve , AoC , SW:Tor ( failwars ), Planetside 2
    Waiting : Star Citizen
    Playing : Star Citizen
    FPS : Overwatch

Yt chan : https://www.youtube.com/user/raine187

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

I'm pretty sure heals are reduced by 30% in warzones.  This likely explains why you can't keep up targets.  I see WZ healing as a good way to mitigate / delay death, but unless the team is very uncoordinated and my team is good (and has 2-3 healers already), I won't be able to keep everyone alive 100%.  I think they designed it so that you would need multiple healers to keep a bursted target alive, and not just have one healer be able to keep everyone up.

Taugrim made a blog post about resolve if anyone's interested in reading on it a bit more.

• DracillDracill Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Yep, when 1 healer and one tank can't win against 4 other players it mean the game is broken and unbalanced.

Two players winning against a group of four its my definition of balance combat. Even better one player should be able of win against four. But only if I'm the winning player of course.

/end sarcasm
  • StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Wait... you don't like being CC'd a dozen times in 2 minutes?

*grab the ball*

*stunned*

*stunned*

*stunned*

*full resolve*

"Hell yeah im immu..."

*STUNNED*

*dead*

"...WTF just happened?"

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

this will change a lot today cause ther 50 s arent there anymore

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

I agree that the CC in SWTOR is a bit insane.  I personally liked how Rift did it where everyone could get a "break CC" ability by just investing 5 points in the PvP soul.  CC still mattered, but it wasn't the end all be all.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?