Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which game do you love to hate on most?

Can I even post this? It's not meant to be a troll post. I don't write posts baggin on any games. I just observe and I think all of the readers here must have noticed this.

We've probably all noticed that with the release of SWTOR, we have a lot of posts saying negative things about the game. This is so much so, that it seems a lot of people have forgotten to hate on WoW and the upcoming MoP.

Now be honest...If you have to choose one game you like to hate on most, which one is it and why?

Maybe you don't write any negative hate posts or responses, but is there a game that you secretly love to see criticized?

Comments

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

STO and AoC

Both games were released 5 years early

I was hating SWTOR, but it turned out Excellent compared to the 2 above games; Reason why is that WaR, STO and AoC was showing a trend that SWTOR was going down on, but did not. but WaR is better (im my OPINION) than STO and AoC

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

voted "none"....rly....i dont hate games......some i like to play others i dont....but there is no hate.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

For me its AoC..

I dont have one inkling of 'like' for that game..

Ive tried it 4 times and its just a no go.

• Matticus75Matticus75 Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by oubers

voted "none"....rly....i dont hate games......some i like to play others i dont....but there is no hate.

Yoda..............

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Real Life...

No rewards from PvE

It's pay to win.

Gold sellers are rife.

Spam filters very hard to implement.

Can't mine your own resources.

Can't build your own player cities.

PvP not allowed.

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Deolus

PvP not allowed.

LOL...

But the pvp depends on where you live, dude. Some people live on pvp servers.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

RIFT. Ive never understood why it gained popularity and I just hate that bland boring clones can still reach those numbers

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Hate is a very strong word. How can one hate a video game? i hated my ex because she was selfish and mean..but hate a video game? nah.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

OP

aren't you really trying to troll here? look at your name, and carefully read your second paragraph.... all i see is that you are trying to keep the hate for WoW burning

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

Originally posted by Shivam

Hate is a very strong word. How can one hate a video game? i hated my ex because she was selfish and mean..but hate a video game? nah.

True, what you have said.

So I used the common term "hate on" which is kind of slangy and often used in these forums.

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

There can be alot of reasons to hate a game. For ruining your life for example

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by mindw0rk

There can be alot of reasons to hate a game. For ruining your life for example

That would just be using it as a scapegoat to avoid facing ones personal failure.

• oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by Matticus75

Originally posted by oubers

Yoda..............

yeah, but an evil yoda....sith yoda even :p hehe

• DonevDonev Member Posts: 143

RIFT. Ive never understood why it gained popularity and I just hate that bland boring clones can still reach those numbers

Same here. To me it's probably an even worse game than Alganon, but with exponentially more money spent on Advertising. 

The only thing they injected into the WoW Clone Mold, was a very annoying mechanic that disrupted normal gameplay and was really nothing more than extremely annoying. Something that alot of people could see what doomed before the first beta even began. Then they took this idea and named their game after it, like it was a great idea. 

• StuporityStupority Member Posts: 53

This. I was tempted to answer "whatever I'm playing at the moment" but it really boils down to this. Hating games is for wankers.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Hellgate: London still has the most bitter aftertaste.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940

world of warcraft

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Originally posted by Donev

Same here. To me it's probably an even worse game than Alganon, but with exponentially more money spent on Advertising. 

The only thing they injected into the WoW Clone Mold, was a very annoying mechanic that disrupted normal gameplay and was really nothing more than extremely annoying. Something that alot of people could see what doomed before the first beta even began. Then they took this idea and named their game after it, like it was a great idea. 

the only reasons i would hate Rift are the following:

1- no variety in races per faction

2- everyone starts at the same place (and do the same things to progress)...

3- each race should have a different story even if they are all ascended (this connects with #2)

4- small maps (and i dont mean a small amount of maps, i mean each map / piece of land should be huge)

5- no cities? (meridian and sanctum are not cities, fortresses with npcs)

i think i mentioned some of them in other post, but dont remember well

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

WoW ofcourse, it changed the MMORPG genre as, us old-timers, knew it (for worse).

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

SWTOR because it is such a massive waste of the Star Wars IP..

Cant believe people are putting AOC on here, sure it had a bad start but tis 10 times the game SWTOR is..

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

Im a gamer, i dont hate games, i love them.

I like some and dont care about others, thats all.

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615

if hate = the game I currently feel the most negativity towards, then swtor.

Not because it broke my dreams or whatever I knew exactly what it was. More because the resources it was given which afaik is the largest any MMO (pre-release at least) has had feels so wasted, almost the same feeling I get when I see something like the iNuke http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/01/inuke-boom-big-sound/.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Originally posted by Caldrin

SWTOR because it is such a massive waste of the Star Wars IP..

Cant believe people are putting AOC on here, sure it had a bad start but tis 10 times the game SWTOR is..

Really? I have tried AoC several times and, beside the cool combat and visuals, the game feels really lackluster. The UI is even worse than SW:TOR and PvP is completely borked.

• FrostWyrmFrostWyrm Member Posts: 1,036

I don't hate any games, per se, so much as I dislike what Activision and EA are doing to the gaming industry with their high budget, low value games systematically churned outout any conept of creativity or innovation, instead just mimicking the trends already set by others.

And that goes beyond just MMOs.

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Muahahahaha good one m8 image