Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They broke their launcher.

Nice work, BW/EA.

It's not that people don't want to play your game @50, but now they can't even start the game.

Maybe you really should've stayed with singleplayer games?

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

I'm sure they will have fixed it by the time I get home from work... if not I play BF3 tonight.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

Maybe they are protesting SOPA. LOL

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

its working fine for me, sorry to hear you are having trouble, maybe check  official forums instead of coming here?

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

Huh? I've been in and out of the game all day, and just logged in again to check. Haven't had any problems with the launcher or game at all.

• BrachusBrachus Member UncommonPosts: 97

Originally posted by Pelaaja

Nice work, BW/EA.

It's not that people don't want to play your game @50, but now they can't even start the game.

Maybe you really should've stayed with singleplayer games?

Yes...because no MMO has ever had an issue with their launcher before...

I just logged in to play. If it was broken, then it's fine now. In which case, I'll await your post congratulating them on the excellent turnaround time getting it repaired...

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Same here, no problems whatsoever, just tried it.

Maybe it's his problem but you know... I heard it's cool to bash this game nowadays...

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

i havent had an issue either logged in a couple times already no problems.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Wiseguy parade is on the move again?

If you have nothing to give, please read the thread and move on...

The patcher/launcher is broken and can't patch the game so it would launch. Capiché?

• shamus252shamus252 Member UncommonPosts: 226

Work's fine for me also. If you are having problem's instead of wasting your time here why not post on swtor forums and look for a solution.

Sic semper tyrannis "Democracy broke down, not when the Union
    ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

The patcher/launcher is broken and can't patch the game so it would launch. Capiché?

Renew your ip.. usually fixes it for most people.

Pretty simple to do just open command prompt type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew

Also check this thread...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141899

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Originally posted by Distopia

Pretty simple to do just open command prompt type ipconfig /release, then type ipconfig /renew

First advice, although it doesn't resolve this issue since I'm behind NAT, but anyway. Thanks.

I'll just dig their updater IPs and put them to hosts manually. Some of them must work.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

First advice, although it doesn't resolve this issue since I'm behind NAT, but anyway. Thanks.

I'll just dig their updater IPs and put them to hosts manually. Some of them must work.

Also check the link I edited in, they're seeking dxdiag info for people who are still experiencing issues after trying the simple fixes.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Also check the link I edited in, they're seeking dxdiag info for people who are still experiencing issues after trying the simple fixes.

Been there already, but thanks.

I'm trying 2nd IP now. 1st downloaded the same corrupted files I've been getting all day.

I had few issues in beta, deleting a few files was the fix don't remember the files tho.

ceased to be agreeable to all its constituent States, but when it was upheld, like any other Empire, by force of arms."

[mod edit]

Try running the FixLauncher.exe in your swtor dir, also try pinging cdn-patch.swtor.com

Alternative would be to download it on a different machine and copy the files over.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by teakbois

Welcome to your first MMORPG OP

You're kind of pretty off here and you got Internet Cool -debuff.

I've been in MMOs since EQ1 and got over 10 under my belt. And I've been in every major P2P MMO launch since LoTRO.

Wanna try again?

People that have been playing MMOs for a while dont rage at a company for having one time launcher issues.   It goes with the genre.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

I've been in MMOs since EQ1 and got over 10 under my belt. And I've been in every major P2P MMO launch since LoTRO.

Wanna try again?

Kinda see why people aren't exactly lining up to help....

Anyway, I just tried mine, no issues. Have you moddified any of your files? I know that some were doing it, could cause issues. If no dice, I'm sure a fresh install would cure, no?

Originally posted by shamus252

Try running the FixLauncher.exe in your swtor dir, also try pinging cdn-patch.swtor.com

Alternative would be to download it on a different machine and copy the files over.

Have done that, pinged everywhere and got 3rd IP in hosts file going now.

The culprit in my case seems to be swtor_main_bnk_location_1.tor -file.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Wanna try again?

People that have been playing MMOs for a while dont rage at a company for having one time launcher issues.   It goes with the genre.

However....that doesn't give any 'coolguy' internet rage points for posting here!

Originally posted by Praetalus

Wanna try again?

Anyway, I just tried mine, no issues. Have you moddified any of your files? I know that some were doing it, could cause issues. If no dice, I'm sure a fresh install would cure, no?

I know I sound pretty pissed off, cause I am.

I've done 3 fresh installs from disks. Read tons of text on the official forums. Done ticket and responded to their "help" thread.

I would understand on some degree if this wouldn't be a corrupted file/archive problem (so it seems, because the installer doesn't accept the MD5-checksum). Well, I just need to find more IP addresses. They must have a working version on some of them.

EDIT: And yes, it's their update servers. Announcement

• ianicusianicus Member UncommonPosts: 665

Wanna try again?

I've done 3 fresh installs from disks. Read tons of text on the official forums. Done ticket and responded to their "help" thread.

I would understand on some degree if this wouldn't be a corrupted file/archive problem (so it seems, because the installer doesn't accept the MD5-checksum). Well, I just need to find more IP addresses. They must have a working version on some of them.

thier announcment states the problem on thier end has been fixed, the problem is now, on your end.

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said…’I’m too drunk to taste this chicken." - Ricky Bobby
  • RaoraRaora Member Posts: 243

Whats wrong with the launcher? Worked just fine here a minute ago on my end

Originally posted by ianicus

Wanna try again?

thier announcment states the problem on thier end has been fixed, the problem is now, on your end.

Of course it is on my end, because it's clearly my client that breaks the file. Oh my, you wouldn't happen to be interested on certain bridge in London?

The .zip -file the patcher downloads is broken or the checksum they advertise for the file is wrong. The file is cut to 7 parts, is password protected and is extracted by the launcher. In ideal case. In practise it doesn't always work.

Why didn't everyone have broken patches then? Because they use pretty many uploaders and if you weren't unlucky you didn't get that broken file. The download source was changed to one certain every second time I restarted the launcher which happened to have that broken file.

They said in some CSR reply their download process is very fragile and may be corrupted if the wind blows from east or Justin Bieber farts. But the thing is, millions of different size and partitioned .zip files are down/uploaded daily and they rarely break.

Btw, they probably need to do the patching again once they get their 1.1 out. GL with that, I certainly need it. This time I got it working by doing full install from discs and full repair from the net (practically downloaded the game full from the net).

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

Wanna try again?

Good grief. Some of you people need to get out more. Seriously Grow up

I've never had the problem with the launcher, but if someones having a problem with logging into a game they are paying for its completlty understandable for people to be frustrated that they cannot play. I'm sure if you were in his shoes you be doing to same exact thing.

Why do you people care so much if someone talks badly about your precious game? You know little kids do the same exact thing in pre school right? and from looking most of you guys are 20 - 40... grow up already