Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

30 dollars and no sub? Worth the Purchase?

Hi all, recently came from SWTOR and was wondering how Gods and Heroes was.  Kinda got bored with the pvp grind in Star Wars and was hoping that this had a bit of freshness to it.  I never really was interested but until the price drop and no sub I figured what the hell, lets see if its worth it.

Anyone have any information if its worth grabbing or not?

Thanks in Advance

CPU-HP Omen 17.3" Laptop  i7  12 GB AMD Radeon RX580 1 TB Hard Drive

Comments

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

Originally posted by jugularvein

Hi all, recently came from SWTOR and was wondering how Gods and Heroes was.  Kinda got bored with the pvp grind in Star Wars and was hoping that this had a bit of freshness to it.  I never really was interested but until the price drop and no sub I figured what the hell, lets see if its worth it.

Thanks in Advance

They said that starting next week they would lower the price of the client to 9.99 so I'd wait.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Even better but the big question is at that price is it still worth purchasing?  ;) ;)

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Even better but the big question is at that price is it still worth purchasing?  ;) ;)

I've heard the game has almost no users left in it. I always wanted to try it, but from all of the bad reception I just never ended up doing it. I would say probably is worth the 9.99 if you don't mind not having many people to play it with.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

I played it in beta.  I liked the game and some of the things they did, but not enough for box + sub.  From what I've read even the staunch supporters have abandoned the game.

• jugularveinjugularvein Member UncommonPosts: 371

Hmmm from what your saying may not be that promising.  Im a sucker for the Rome Era, so I may try it.  Hate to get into a game that has a lower playerbase and the future doesn't look promising ;/

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177

I think it's worth buying at $29.99, but still you can save some money by buying it next week for a third of the price.

• Master_MetzMaster_Metz Member Posts: 15

The game will be moving to a $10 price with no subscription next week. 

Metz- Associate Producer - Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by Panther2103

I've heard the game has almost no users left in it. I always wanted to try it, but from all of the bad reception I just never ended up doing it. I would say probably is worth the 9.99 if you don't mind not having many people to play it with.

Same here.  Was hoping they would have a free trial, but I guess will have to wait for the f2p model for that.

My bad.  Free trial is quite well hidden though:)

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771

Thanks in Advance

Heavly instanced game, I would recommend trying out the trial version before purchasing.

Trial

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Well to be honest, the game is fun, but....they have no end content...what? They dont even have the end in and in the rate its going, they wont have it in for the next 10 years, if it ever makes it. They have to lvl 30, but the next levels 31-35 where sceduled to be in last september, but never came. Now its gonna go f2p, but who knows what that means, as they dont have crafting, tradehouse, pvp, etc. Nothing. All they have is grind, grind, grind, bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs, grind, grind, bugs, etc. You get the message!

They have hardly any to none information out. There hasnt been any news since october last year, with the execption that we just heard its gonna go f2p and the price drops ( a smack in the face of those that paid alot more!).

Dont think its even worth the 10 euros really! Its dead, plain that!

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

Originally posted by Master_Metz

The game will be moving to a $10 price with no subscription next week. 

Metz- Associate Producer - Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising

Lol Metz, give more info please! The last paying customers are begging for it, but in this rate you bring info you will also loose them! You already lost your most dedicated fanny!

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Thanks in Advance

I think Ripper X did a review of the starting area for this game you can check that out here at this site.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...