Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YOUR first MMO

DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

To help out the other thread.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

None of the above.

• viletotoviletoto Member Posts: 22

daoc...so yah, none of the above

• Sanity888Sanity888 Member UncommonPosts: 185

Mine STILL isn't on there.

The Sims Online.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

Bah, stupid 10 question poll limit.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047

UO, but then within 2 months of EQ release I moved to EQ.  I didn't like the mechanics of the game at all, I am just not a sandbox fan.  I really enjoyed EQ but when WoW came out I switched to WoW and spent almost 7 years there.   Now I have moved on to SWTOR and not sure if it will last me the 5 years of EQ or 7 of WoW, but it is fun none-the-less.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Yup UO for me too, forever entranced by the virtual world.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• Recon48Recon48 Member UncommonPosts: 218

Originally posted by Sanity888

The Sims Online.

I thought I was the only one!  I got invited to beta test TSO and had nothing better going on. It was actually fun during beta and for the couple of free months I got to play after release.  Then I went to SWG and never looked back.

• saitoh183saitoh183 Member UncommonPosts: 53

Earth and Beyond

GW---> (Ranger/Mesmer)Dark Raziel

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by Sanity888
    The Sims Online.

It is quite amazing that TSO never grew. So many damn people play The Sims, you would have thought TSO would have been the largest MMO ever.

BOOYAKA!

• ZakyUchihaZakyUchiha Member UncommonPosts: 5

I would say Diablo 2, if it's a MMO otherwise I can't remember. It's been too long :P

Today an Outcast.. Tomorrow a Hero.

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

MU online

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    runescape classic

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

EQ2....but hardly my "perfect image" of a MMO, but the only MMO Ive spended more than a year in......EVE being my second most played MMO, Entropia universe starting to creep up on that position..... the rest hardly survived 1 month, only ever been max level in EQ2

• NegativeJoeNegativeJoe Member UncommonPosts: 213

another none of the above.

First was Lineage 1 'beta' back in early '97. played for a long while.

then short stop in ragnarok

then another long while in DAoC, whith a side sting in SWG because its the only mmorpg my wife ever would play. (horrah for non-forced socialization and not having to kill stuff 99% of the time)

::::26:: ::::26:: ::::26::

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

The first one that I invested a significant amount of time in was UO. It was far beyond anything else that I had ever experienced in online gaming. Seeing people speak in different langauges all around me and interacting with people from all around the world gave the game such a real and massive feel far beyond most of my experiences in other MMOs even to this day.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

DAOC was my first. Not sure why it's not on your list as it was a lot of peoples first MMO. Interestingly it is not my favorite. For most people there first is their favorite but for me third time was a charm with ffxi. Though I will admit DAoC, SWG, and L2 are all very dear to my heart and if I had to pick a second favorite I don't think I could decide between those three.

• tbfantbfan Member Posts: 14

My first MMO was City of Heroes.  image

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

Ragnarok Online.

A quite fun game with a bunch of features that may look new to the industry for some, such as Guild Leveling and a much more fleshed out version of the Class Advancement you see in SWTOR. A shame they went in the wrong direction with the sequel...

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Still not on the list. Shadowbane.

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...