Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unsubscribed because..

Comments

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

Originally posted by boubhs

Originally posted by Crosswire

Yeah, it's a strange one is SWTOR.  

I started off loving it, thought I would be playing it for a long while.   But after the first few weeks, the bordom kicked in big time.  Now you couldn't get me to play it even if you held a gun to my head.

Uninstalled and forgotten.

Same here.

Back to RIFT with a single-month sub.

Also checking EVE with the 14 days Trial and until now it feels like a really really good game. Lets see :)

Obviously it's not that forgotten. =P

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718

Unsubbing because:

- Far too grindy

- No LFG leaves me spamming for flashpoints for half an hour at a time

- Landscapes not explorable

- Landscapes artificially populated with groups of mobs, far more than WOW in my opinion.

All in all...

- Not enough variety, freedom, customisation for me.

• bestman22bestman22 Member UncommonPosts: 93

have not played since second week in... highest char I had gotten was level 27... just not for me got bored clicking through stories even reading them, got tired of 3 to 6 mobs at once much prefer focusing on 1 hard mob then chasing down 6 all the time, hate the LFG or lack thereof, cant stand Huttball.

Well I take that back went away for a week after christmas came back and PVP was all 50's with these skills that I had no counters to or anything, so that was that.

Been playing world of tanks... cant go to rift wow or any of those just too bored with the genre as a whole... would do eve but real time for learning skills sucks... rather grind them out than wait a month for a skill to train.

• DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112

I've seen so many threads on various websites about people quitting.  I'll be shocked TOR isn't F2P in a year.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Still loving it.  So much that I opted to save the money and went for a 6 month subscription.  Nice thing is that with almost a month of playing now, my two highest toons are just barely above half way to max and I don't mind one bit that it is taking so long.  The ride is worth it.  Growing the toon up from a raw recruit to a high level hero is just that entertaining.  Finally a MMO with a story WORTH seeing for a change.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

I too, have been a huge supporter for SWTOR, But after getting bugged out in several Warfronts, my name not appearing on the Ops frame ( so no one can heal me unless you know i am standing infront of you ) Wins not registering on the Daily, and getting creamed by 4 operatives one after another. And the one biggest let down for me is I am Valor rank 54 and I only have champion legs and champion gloves, while all my guildies that is rank 40 and below has full Champion gear or just missing one item.

Its just frustrating, I am still giving this game a month, i was subscribed for 6 month, but just changed it to one month.

There was so much I do love about this game, but once you are 50, there really isn't much for you to do anymore. Bioware created such a beautiful game, but they aren't populating it like they should. Its an MMO, we want the feeling of people taking our kills, steal our chests and actually discovering unique mobs or places.

Of all the games I have played, I have the most fun in their Warfronts, it does promote team work and cooperation. But why can't you go back to Ops chat once you leave it??

Why is the Champion chests make it harder to earn Centurion Gear when Centurion Gear is Tier 1 and Champion Gear is Tier 2. ( just do your own calculation and you will realize that Centurion Gear takes longer to grind, than Champion Gear )

I know this game wasn't designed Around PVP, but with their latest announcement on the amount of Warfronts played, they must realize that PVP is what alot of players across the board are playing, and without any Support on it, thats the same numbers of Players they are going to quit.

I just really hope they do something to bring this game back to what it is.

PS: I am also really pissed that they changed the way Crafting was in Beta to this current crap, because of that, Biochem is the only beneficial Craft you need.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Good luck out there, can I has your stuffs?
  • ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by VoIgore

Originally posted by ikkeno

A friend said it well the other day: "I think we're getting old mate.." and i suspect he is right.. Maybe its because i'm getting older and loose interest so fast. Or maybe its simply too easy and dull.

But i'm very positive that it's not me, but the games. I guess we older gamers are just sick of being handled like 12yr olds in mmorpgs which become easier with every new title, i don't need a game to hold my hand and lead me through to free epics.

True

• DudehogDudehog Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by GMan3

Still loving it.  So much that I opted to save the money and went for a 6 month subscription.  Nice thing is that with almost a month of playing now, my two highest toons are just barely above half way to max and I don't mind one bit that it is taking so long.  The ride is worth it.  Growing the toon up from a raw recruit to a high level hero is just that entertaining.  Finally a MMO with a story WORTH seeing for a change.

I can see why someone with this approach to the game wouldn't get burned out yet. You're basically playing it like a single player RPG.  If you play TOR as an MMO, then you probably wouldn't even bother subscribing since the endgame is raid, bg pvp, repeat.

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Yeah I'm done, for awhile anyway, canceled last night. I'm not going as far as uninstalling as I'll be back when i need another single player kotor fix.

I have about a week left and will continue the story I'm on but as far as this giving me any type of mmo fix, no way, it's my go-to kotor fix though.

Re-subbed to wow last night, can't tell you how good it felt to get back into an mmo and play with proper mmo tools and mechanics in groups, in swtor it's not even implemented tools for it. Basically it's everyone doing whatever and attacking whatever until everything falls? So in reality even grouping is still single player minded.

I'm not sure this game should even be categorized as an mmo, kinda false advertising and anyone who says other wise well, whatever floats your boat as they say. It's you running around in an instance with a few other players in your world and in groups everyone is just slamming mobs with whatever until they fall. Guilds? What they heck is that, it's group box, market or AH whatever, it's not even usable to be of any use, thankfully you don't need anything from it as it can all be obtained yourself.

Be it known though this is a very entertaining game until the novelty wears off, gee where I'd read that that before? and I'll be back for single player kotor fixes so it's not all bad and who knows maybe they will really take it somewhere mmo wise but knowing Bioware, once it's done it's done.

I really hope they flesh out the mmo part as i love the single player part.

• ReborncRebornc Member UncommonPosts: 42

Unsubbed over a week ago.

Actually this is the first "MMO" were i didnt play with anyone outside of my guild. :p

It´s such a big letdown to see two really bad games from bioware in a row. DA2 was totally shit... now TOR... Sorry Bioware you´ll end like bullfrog or some other studios if you dont find back to your roots.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

I am about done with SWTOR. Got a Inquisitor to level 50 last night and I have no desire to do the boring shallow end game thing. I also have no desire to make an alt so i guess its back to EVE.

At least now i miss EVE so when i go back i will be reinvigorated. 

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

Originally posted by GMan3

Im still playing it too, but im a bit more hardcore player, i suppose. I got the game at later date though, so still not at lvl cap either. But Im afraid the story wont be able to hold me for much longer, and i dont really dare to reroll an alt as i have absolutely 0 desire to go thru all the side quests again. I just dont see myself playing the game just for its story for months, and imo, thats where they got it all wrong. They banked their money on story, but for how long can that one thing keep you interested? 

Its a great game for people like you  For me, not so much. 

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Same here.

Also checking EVE with the 14 days Trial and until now it feels like a really really good game. Lets see :)

If you're looking for a big, complex game with a ton of ways to play, Eve will make you happy.  I don't sub full time, but on occasion they do 2 months/$20 bucks which is about enough for me to get my fix.

As far as unsubbing to TOR goes... those who say "they've gotten too old" are probably on to something.  I'd bet that most of the folks that pine for UO and EQ would probably drop those games like a baby testicle if they came out today with modern gfx.  The newness of playing with tons of other players from those times was just that.  It was the first time we could ever do it, and such things just aren't a big deal, anymore.  Most of us would never put up with the timesink BS that was those old games.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

For me it's a simple game, something mindless to do to take the stress away from a bad day at work.  They don't have any good rp tools, but then hardly anyone does these days.

I'll play till I get tired of it I guess.  Resubbing atleast another month, maybe longer if they add some things to make the game more interesting.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

Yeah, it's a strange one is SWTOR.  

I started off loving it, thought I would be playing it for a long while.   But after the first few weeks, the bordom kicked in big time.  Now you couldn't get me to play it even if you held a gun to my head.

Uninstalled and forgotten.

Same here.

You can't go wrong with either of those, both are very good games.  I am back on Rift myself.  Think I may take advantage of the free time/lower sub, when subbing for more than a month.

All to their own. i found Rift fairly boring nothing but grind with no one talking you know just the occasional player running by to take part in whatever rift/raid was happening, no one ever chatting or origanising. In any case the rifts get old fast, have no effect and are very repetative.

Eve? What type of monical are they selling these days? 

SW:tor is fun for the story has updates and content patches faaster then any other game so far and is a geat little group game i don't need 40 man raids to have fun a 4 person group is much more to my liking. I suppect more then a few doomsayers and haters here will be disappointed when their prodictions of everyone dropping SW:tor don't come true. But hey everyine needs a hobby . :)

Originally posted by Robsolf

Same here.

If you're looking for a big, complex game with a ton of ways to play, Eve will make you happy.  I don't sub full time, but on occasion they do 2 months/$20 bucks which is about enough for me to get my fix.

As far as unsubbing to TOR goes... those who say "they've gotten too old" are probably on to something.  I'd bet that most of the folks that pine for UO and EQ would probably drop those games like a baby testicle if they came out today with modern gfx.  The newness of playing with tons of other players from those times was just that.  It was the first time we could ever do it, and such things just aren't a big deal, anymore.  Most of us would never put up with the timesink BS that was those old games.

If you consider how MMOs are developing atm it seems to be really hard to make a game where a lot of people play together. It seems that increasing bandwith, increasing cpu power, increasing gfx power, increasing memory space etc. is decreasing the possibility to get a decent mmo where you can play with other people.

So probably it is a big deal to make MMOs massive today.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

Same here.

+1

And it's not just that, but the perceived "difficulty" has obviously changed. You take a game you think is easy now, give it to a 14 year old and they won't have the experience or ability of someone who has been gaming for two decades.  Of course age matters, because age represents the passage of time, time which you have spent learning things.

If people were more like a sieves and retained nothing over the years, they'd probably be thrilled with games like SWTOR, but people do gain knowledge and it carries over onto every new thing they take on.

Originally posted by Rusque

Same here.

+1

And it's not just that, but the perceived "difficulty" has obviously changed. You take a game you think is easy now, give it to a 14 year old and they won't have the experience or ability of someone who has been gaming for two decades.  Of course age matters, because age represents the passage of time, time which you have spent learning things.

If people were more like a sieves and retained nothing over the years, they'd probably be thrilled with games like SWTOR, but people do gain knowledge and it carries over onto every new thing they take on.

Oh come on.... when i was 14 the games were difficult and we still managed to play. Today´s games are designed for apes and 14 year old really could handle a lot more.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Originally posted by Rebornc

Oh come on.... when i was 14 the games were difficult and we still managed to play. Today´s games are designed for apes and 14 year old really could handle a lot more.

Rift proved this statement is also bull because when they gave the hardcore guilds Akylios alot of them could not handle it and broke up. Only the strong ones survived and put Akylios on par with C'thun or Yogg zero lights before the nerf. These games can do hardcore when they want to, but the hypocritical playerbases can not handle it anymore.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367

Wow, I thought this thread would be full of hate, but it's been pretty tame so far.  Interesting.

Anyhow, all of you guys who unsubscribed, there have been reports that if you leave your credit card information, their system glitches and will re-sub you for a month.  Might be worth it to keep an eye on it.

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

So far my wife and I will stay subscribed for awhile. It is what it is something we can play together for a couple hours and do soem flashpoints with the guild. Don't have the time to game like we used to so this is fine.

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Rusque

Same here.

+1

This is very much false.. even kids down to 10 years of age are MASTERS of gaming.. Man have you tried "Super mario bros." lately?! ITS HARD! xD

I am acually pretty sure that what you say is reverse of the truth. Kids learn games faster than us old gamers.

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• ikkenoikkeno Member UncommonPosts: 67

Originally posted by Puremallace

Originally posted by Rebornc

Rift proved this statement is also bull because when they gave the hardcore guilds Akylios alot of them could not handle it and broke up. Only the strong ones survived and put Akylios on par with C'thun or Yogg zero lights before the nerf. These games can do hardcore when they want to, but the hypocritical playerbases can not handle it anymore.

Its not that the bossfightws have to be so insanely hard that no one can finish them, but there should be more complexity.. Personally i enjoy when items have stat requirements, not just lvl lock. It brings a whole new challenge to equipment and "twinking".

Or any other form of complexity in a game that makes you have to think and use your head.. not just follow the arrow and click the exclemation mark.

Even being in a party is dull now days. All classes can tank, heal and dps. All classes can solo untill max lvl and no one is forced to interact with other players..

Just look at Final Fantasy 11, after level 10 you cant do ANYTHING alone. You have to find a party or bring friends even to do the questline.

(sorry bout the randomness of my rant.)

- Nothing lasts.. but nothing is lost. -

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

It never ceases to amaze me how readily MMO gamers will blindly accept the hype from any AAA game.