Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

est. release 2012

SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

So this game has become my most watched game as I love vamps and love permadeath, hardcore pvp.  People were saying that we shouldn't expect this game till 2015 or so...then I jsut saw that the rel date was just given (wasn't there last week).  So, is it really possible that this could be out in 2012?

Incognito
www.incognito-gaming.us
"You're either with us or against us"

Comments

• VindictusVindictus Member UncommonPosts: 49

Considering CCP just laid off 20% of their employees, and has refocused their attention to Eve Online as the priority, I'd say not to expect WoD online next year.

They said they were still working on it, but with reduced staff, so I'd guess that means it will take a while longer to release.

Probably a smart move for them to wait anyway, as between now and next summer we'll see TOR, GW2, TSW, and possibly Archeage released.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Originally posted by afhn2110

So this game has become my most watched game as I love vamps and love permadeath, hardcore pvp.  People were saying that we shouldn't expect this game till 2015 or so...then I jsut saw that the rel date was just given (wasn't there last week).  So, is it really possible that this could be out in 2012?

I've seen WoD's anticipated release date listed several different places as 2012 as well, though I have no idea where they were getting that date from.  Information about the game was almost non-existent before this last Grand Masquerade.  Around that time they were stating that the game was in pre-production, so I can't imagine it would be ready for release next year.

Now that CCP is refocusing on EvE, and has sacked 20% of their workforce (most coming out of the Georgia office working on WoD), I really can't see this game coming out anytime soon, if it comes out at all.

Don't get me wrong, though, I'd love it if they released it next year, as long as they didn't have to cut a ton of corners to get it out.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I doubt the game will release in 2012. More like 2014 if they are down to a skeleton crew.

***Sadly the Raving Rabbid will have to wait to sink his teeth in WOD......***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by Vindictus

Considering CCP just laid off 20% of their employees, and has refocused their attention to Eve Online as the priority, I'd say not to expect WoD online next year.

They said they were still working on it, but with reduced staff, so I'd guess that means it will take a while longer to release.

Probably a smart move for them to wait anyway, as between now and next summer we'll see TOR, GW2, TSW, and possibly Archeage released.

I could have sworn that a video interview regarding this game said to expect it in 2014 to begin with, but concidering the layoff and "refocus", I would highly doubt this game would see the light of day before 2015 or 2016 at the earliest.  To bad really, I could see this game being a LOT of fun for people like me that have a dark sense of humor.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Much sadness here...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Considering they just laid off a bunch of workers, I seriously doubt it will be released in 2012. If it ever gets released.

• JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

It all depends on when they get Dust and Eve functional again. More importantly how much both those games are making them.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501

When the established release date becomes a matter of 6 or more years, were getting into silly mode. I mean Planeshift is Also still technically in development from over what is it now... about a decade, but I dont see anyone waiting for it.

• Abraxas77Abraxas77 Member Posts: 1

WoD is probably gone down the drain already. From my personal experience, once a company expands "CCP Games Announces Georgia Expansion, February 24, 2011" and then shrinks "CCP Focuses on the EVE Universe October 19, 2011" it is in trouble. This is not coming from any "Market Crisis" but is made by the Managment of CCP.

And once you start firing developers you are setting a course. Because you cannot get a developer on monday morning at the train station. And even if, this developer will need months to produce anything worthwhile because he has to adapt to the plan and the code.

I would estimate that CCP struggles now to stay alive and axes whats left of WoD if the numbers in Eve do not improve. And later, if this does not help either they will be bought and axed themselves. Most positive outcome I think would be: they restart development in 2012 after Eve recovered massivly and Dust was a brilliant success and WoD comes 2014/2015.

• AzariaAzaria Member Posts: 318

Originally posted by Abraxas77

WoD is probably gone down the drain already. From my personal experience, once a company expands "CCP Games Announces Georgia Expansion, February 24, 2011" and then shrinks "CCP Focuses on the EVE Universe October 19, 2011" it is in trouble. This is not coming from any "Market Crisis" but is made by the Managment of CCP.

And once you start firing developers you are setting a course. Because you cannot get a developer on monday morning at the train station. And even if, this developer will need months to produce anything worthwhile because he has to adapt to the plan and the code.

I would estimate that CCP struggles now to stay alive and axes whats left of WoD if the numbers in Eve do not improve. And later, if this does not help either they will be bought and axed themselves. Most positive outcome I think would be: they restart development in 2012 after Eve recovered massivly and Dust was a brilliant success and WoD comes 2014/2015.

Thier gonna pay a hefty price for dumping all their resources into Dust, because no one but CCP gives a crap about Dust, the only new project they had that anyone had ANY interest in was World of Darkness, and they have basically dropped that project forever. Dust is going to be a huge loss, seriously who is gonna play DUST? Who gives two craps about Dust? 

• Dave3216Dave3216 Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Azaria

Thier gonna pay a hefty price for dumping all their resources into Dust, because no one but CCP gives a crap about Dust, the only new project they had that anyone had ANY interest in was World of Darkness, and they have basically dropped that project forever. Dust is going to be a huge loss, seriously who is gonna play DUST? Who gives two craps about Dust? 

Didn"t they also make Dust it a PS3 exclusive? If so apparently they dont't like money. Makes for confusing buisness 

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Absolutely NOT holding my breath for this game for a very very long time and here's why. They refused to include at least one of the other factions as playable. They didn't have to put the wraiths constructs fae or even the mages into the game, all they had to do is at least include the hunters, i mean gimme a break we all know Vamps are hunted by hunters it's a given.

Originally posted by itgrowls

Absolutely NOT holding my breath for this game for a very very long time and here's why. They refused to include at least one of the other factions as playable. They didn't have to put the wraiths constructs fae or even the mages into the game, all they had to do is at least include the hunters, i mean gimme a break we all know Vamps are hunted by hunters it's a given.

Ummm, wow. Just wow. Just a suggestion... stop thinking in only the immediate. There is a bigger picture here, What is it with so many people in this world only being able to think in immediate terms instead of figuring in the big picture. Its particularly rife on the internet. 

So, since some seem to have refused to think beyond exactly whats written and about how MMO's work...

They said that it would be VtM to start. NOT for all time. I have been to con's to see and hear WW and CCP employees talk. 

Vtm is their single biggest seller of all time. That's the game they started with, its the first game they revamped when they went NWOD, and it only makes sense that the first game they start with for an MMO will be Vampire.

But, just like pen and paper games, other supernaturals can be added later as expansions of the system. They have NO Intention of this game remaining only about Vampire. 

Think. Please. 

As to the last few replies, you hit the nail on the head. I don't know of anyone that has any desire to play Dust. In fact, I didn't even know that game existed until they said they would put off the development turning one of the biggest pen and paper game systems of all time into an MMO to make it. Its a stupid move, and I can't believe I'm saying that since I'm such a huge WW fan but I have to admit that ending the OWOD wasn't the brightest idea either. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Moirae

Ummm, wow. Just wow. Just a suggestion... stop thinking in only the immediate. There is a bigger picture here, What is it with so many people in this world only being able to think in immediate terms instead of figuring in the big picture. Its particularly rife on the internet. 

So, since some seem to have refused to think beyond exactly whats written and about how MMO's work...

They said that it would be VtM to start. NOT for all time. I have been to con's to see and hear WW and CCP employees talk. 

Vtm is their single biggest seller of all time. That's the game they started with, its the first game they revamped when they went NWOD, and it only makes sense that the first game they start with for an MMO will be Vampire.

But, just like pen and paper games, other supernaturals can be added later as expansions of the system. They have NO Intention of this game remaining only about Vampire. 

Think. Please. 

Agreed.

CCP was originally thinking of releasing vampires, werewolfs and mages from the start but White wolf said that it would be too massive so they decided to start with the most popular "race" and then add others as expansions.

I support that decision, while I prefer mages I think that vampires will sell more and that making vampires awesome at first is better than a half @ssed job like the klingons in STO.

Mark Reinhagen didn't exactly start with vampires though, his first game which all the others build on is ARS magica, even though it was before World of darkness so you could also say that mages were first, it depends on how you count. :)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I would not bet anytjhing that Archeage will release a english version before WoD is out.. They have no publisher for it in the West yet, and Aion whos english version was in work long before release still took 1 1/2 year after the Korean release to come out in the west.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I am interested in this game, but I am weary of only having one race choice to start...

I also see no chance of a 2012 release, I have seen nothing to show they are very far past the concept stage.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Loke666

I would not bet anytjhing that Archeage will release a english version before WoD is out.. They have no publisher for it in the West yet, and Aion whos english version was in work long before release still took 1 1/2 year after the Korean release to come out in the west.

Don't be expecting GW2 to release by next summer as well.  Just not happening (As a betting man, I"m going Q1 2013)

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409

personally, i hope CCP cuts funding to dust and WOD and goes back n stays at eve like they did before. They tried to use eve to fund 2 other games and dev teams, as u all seen the outcome isnt pretty. They need to save money to fund these projects and not slam it on eve. Eve is their only true income, screwing with that income cane kill ur entire company in a heart beat. Someday Wod will come out, but not untill they are in the green , which will take along time as wod and dust almost sent them bankrupt a few times already.

Originally posted by Xthos

I am interested in this game, but I am weary of only having one race choice to start...

I also see no chance of a 2012 release, I have seen nothing to show they are very far past the concept stage.

Have you ever played Vampire before? Who cares about the one race when there is so many other options. This is not a typical game system. Its very freeform in comparison to any other system. You won't feel limited.

According to the employees, you will start as a human being. The way I'm understanding it, you will need to consent to being turned into a vampire. That means you can play the whole game as a regular old human if you want. And they are including ALL of vampire, not just part. So you will probably be able to be Camarilla, Sabbat, or Anarch, possibly other sects as well. There 13 official vampire clans, but a good dozen bloodlines. You could be any of them. 

Once again, please stop making things up and actually learn about whats being said.

Originally posted by fatboy21007

personally, i hope CCP cuts funding to dust and WOD and goes back n stays at eve like they did before. They tried to use eve to fund 2 other games and dev teams, as u all seen the outcome isnt pretty. They need to save money to fund these projects and not slam it on eve. Eve is their only true income, screwing with that income cane kill ur entire company in a heart beat. Someday Wod will come out, but not untill they are in the green , which will take along time as wod and dust almost sent them bankrupt a few times already.

What they need to do is stop bothering with Dust and go with the WoD. WoD has a guaranteed player base, especially if they carry out what they promised.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

Originally posted by itgrowls

The more types of supernaturals you include, the more complicated the game becomes. How different supernatural abilities interact makes it particularly difficult.  In large part the NWoD was about making rules more consistent across the different games.

That being sai, I'd just like to point out that a human who doesn't fight back is a victim, a human that does fight back is a hunter. As long as humans can effectively damage vampires, Hunters are included. It's up to the players to form the cells, compacts and conspiracies in the game.  The only thing missing is Faith and some of the hedge magic type abilities specific to some Hunters.

• osmundaosmunda Member Posts: 1,087

A subsciption MMO that regularly has 20- 50 k concurrent players is not one that is struggling to stay alive, http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

How quickly they can develop other properties is another matter, but EVE seems to be pretty healthy ATM

• Samkin772Samkin772 Member Posts: 104

Have you ever played Vampire before? Who cares about the one race when there is so many other options. This is not a typical game system. Its very freeform in comparison to any other system. You won't feel limited.

According to the employees, you will start as a human being. The way I'm understanding it, you will need to consent to being turned into a vampire. That means you can play the whole game as a regular old human if you want. And they are including ALL of vampire, not just part. So you will probably be able to be Camarilla, Sabbat, or Anarch, possibly other sects as well. There 13 official vampire clans, but a good dozen bloodlines. You could be any of them. 

Once again, please stop making things up and actually learn about whats being said.

Agreed Moirae, the different clans within just the Camarilla offer more "racial choices" than most other MMO's anyway.  In any MMO I have played, Dwarves and Elves had more in common with each other than, say, a Toreador and Gangrel vamp does.  And, that is staying within the Camarilla, if you throw in the Sabbat, Followers of Set, Baali, etc., the choices are pretty staggering.  Plus, with OWoD, you have to start thinking past the old paradigm of Classes and Races, this game should be a lot more free flowing.

Originally posted by Samkin772

Agreed Moirae, the different clans within just the Camarilla offer more "racial choices" than most other MMO's anyway.  In any MMO I have played, Dwarves and Elves had more in common with each other than, say, a Toreador and Gangrel vamp does.  And, that is staying within the Camarilla, if you throw in the Sabbat, Followers of Set, Baali, etc., the choices are pretty staggering.  Plus, with OWoD, you have to start thinking past the old paradigm of Classes and Races, this game should be a lot more free flowing.

Yeah, I love the amount of choices this game offers. Its hard to explain to someone that doesn't play it though. There's so many more options in this game than in any MMO I've ever seen. Customization is just the way the game is played. Now hopefully they will allow us to customize our appearances any possible way we want rather than just give us a dozen faces and we'll be good.