Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AAA titles releases this year.

Comments

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

Originally posted by eyelolled

Originally posted by punkrock

No if you say a game is awful, you best back it up with somthing. That is how it just is. So ya i laugh at you both. Good day

not familiar with the term "opinion"?

See how he failed to give one, so ya?

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

Originally posted by Ambros123

Bit off topic though.... what is exactly a AAA MMO?  Years I've hear the label and knew what MMOs were asociated with it but never understood exactly what IS a AAA MMO.

My understanding is that it is a quality rating. Like how meat at the super market has ratings or a restaurant has a rating on the door so you know it isn't crappy diseased food kept in filthy conditions that will kill you to eat it. Or like how the united states recently lost it's AAA credit rating down to a AA credit rating.

For something to have AAA rating it means it is top notch, highest quality assurance developers and producers and programmers and etc. like an A, B, C, D, F scoring system on tests in the education system. or in japan they have the crazy S and SS and SSS rankings above A.

If a game is indie, has a low budget, and amatuer staff working behind the scenes making it and maintaining it then it is NOT a AAA game, it is a sub-par game. But, star wars the old republic has EA producing, Bioware developing and programming it, and infinity $ marketing and advertising it so it is considered AAA because of unlimited financial resources going towards a multi-billion dollar budget. Even if the game turns out to be poor, because of the famous names involved in it's creation along with it's house hold Star Wars branding, it MUST be AAA.

I'm not sure WHO is in charge of declaring an MMO to be AAA or not, as it could be seen as arbitrary, but Basically if you have heard of a game before having ever learned anything about it, that's a good sign it's AAA. ALso if it has commercials on TV or in the movies or magazines.... Anyone else care to chime in?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

How is SWTOR awful?  I find it a breath of fresh air compaired to a lot of things out there. &besides the older MMO games* 

SWTOR is not that bad, i guess you just jumping on the *i hate swtor band wagen*

I think he means the gaming model that SWTOR was using, Themepark with subpar pvp and the standard dungeon crawling/raiding as the only other thing to do end game. 

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by Szasz

No if you say a game is awful, you best back it up with somthing. That is how it just is. So ya i laugh at you both. Good day

LMAO you got a prob, bob.

Thanks, loke for clarifying my post with some more specific dates, i only hope you are right and that unforseen difficulties dont push the releases farther back than predicted. I am all for these amazing games releasing sooner than later so that i don't have to be bummed and MMO-less much longer. I havn't played any MMO since i last quit wow back in late summer 2011.

Cheers to 2012 being the year of the dragon, and perhaps also the year of the AAA MMO :D

My name is not bob, and ya i do have a problem, a very big one. If you say a game is awful say why.

You are reacting like swtor is your mother.Grow up.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Thanks, loke for clarifying my post with some more specific dates, i only hope you are right and that unforseen difficulties dont push the releases farther back than predicted. I am all for these amazing games releasing sooner than later so that i don't have to be bummed and MMO-less much longer. I havn't played any MMO since i last quit wow back in late summer 2011.

Cheers to 2012 being the year of the dragon, and perhaps also the year of the AAA MMO :D

My name is not bob, and ya i do have a problem, a very big one. If you say a game is awful say why.

Do they really need to say it again? There is a general concensus as to why people think its a bad MMORPG. Ill give you a hint it starts with MMO.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

Originally posted by itgrowls

How is SWTOR awful?  I find it a breath of fresh air compaired to a lot of things out there. &besides the older MMO games* 

SWTOR is not that bad, i guess you just jumping on the *i hate swtor band wagen*

I think he means the gaming model that SWTOR was using, Themepark with subpar pvp and the standard dungeon crawling/raiding as the only other thing to do end game. 

The term end game is stupid, If you wan`t a end game go play a single player game.

Originally posted by Zefire

Lmao grow up you say?  Ya come back with somthing better then that.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/337506/page/1

GW2 has my vote. :)

I think tho is that what you might not know is that the questing where you actually talk to an npc in a town is mostly focused at the intro of the game as it transitions you into a zone questing where you walk into an area and suddenly have things to accomplish without talking to any npc or going back to one to complete it as most of GW2 will be like this. Zone events will be strong with this one. Strong randomized untimed events where players actions will have worldly consequences. That's what i can't wait for personally.

Originally posted by toddze

Do they really need to say it again? There is a general concensus as to why people think its a bad MMORPG. Ill give you a hint it starts with MMO.

That makes no sence. I want to see were you are going with that.

Go on?

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

Many people dont have to justify their opinions to post how they feel in simple terms. Just because someone isnt "OMG this is great" doesnt make them a hater or on an "bandwagon". I have a half a dozen reasons for not playing TOR, or Rift or whatever game that i chose not to play. Some of my friends play it and they like it, but as for me it doesnt have anything i look for in a mmo.

Besides this area is for looking for game discussion ( and i do believe the opener got the answers they were seeking ) and they were looking at specific titles. so TOR section is that way kiddo ---------------->

Besides i think there are already several posted reviews by players stating what needs to be fixed in tor.

@op

Im looking forward to diablo three myself ( as loke666 pointed out thats coming fairly soon ), I have several friends that are eagerly awaiting guild wars two, so hopefully that will have some bang for its buck.

The term end game is stupid, If you wan`t a end game go play a single player game.

It's not a stupid term it exists in mmo's especially themepark mmo's like SWTOR i'm sorry he hurt your feelings by pointing out the obvious but it's not just happening to him, millions of people are tired of the same old. I know i am why aren't you? and using the logical fallacy of "don't like it go play something else" when it's clear that that's exactly what people like he and i are going to do is amazingly dense on your part LOL. Oh and btw, why play a single player game when that's what you are doing in a Bioware game no matter the title, including SWTOR LOL

• TriadninjaTriadninja Member Posts: 111

Originally posted by IAmMMO

Planetside 2

No, PS2 won't be coming out until at least 2013. They announced that CB would start late this year/early next year.

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Originally posted by Icewhite

Bit off topic though.... what is exactly a AAA MMO?  Years I've hear the label and knew what MMOs were asociated with it but never understood exactly what IS a AAA MMO.

A vague feeling that a game will be successful enough to maintain a player base without the base size growing small enough to become inconvenient.

Now AA and A would be undefined entirely; we all know that games are GREAT or they SUCK, there evidently never is anything resembling a middle ground on message boards.

Especially THESE message boards ;P

Back on topic...TSW will release this year - however unless they are hiding major amounts of content, it will in no wat be ready for April

If Tera and AA make it this year, I'll be surprised.  At best both will be Q4

GW2 Should be out by October/November.  People clamoring for a Spring launch are going to be disappointed.

It's not a stupid term it exists in mmo's especially themepark mmo's like SWTOR i'm sorry he hurt your feelings by pointing out the obvious but it's not just happening to him, millions of people are tired of the same old. I know i am why aren't you? and using the logical fallacy of "don't like it go play something else" when it's clear that that's exactly what people like he and i are going to do is amazingly dense on your part LOL. Oh and btw, why play a single player game when that's what you are doing in a Bioware game no matter the title, including SWTOR LOL

I for one am not used to that term, SWOT is my first theme park mmo. SWTOR is not a single player game at all. Thou you would know this if you played the game.

I just dont like when people say somthing is awful and don`t say why*goes for any game*  it does not matter i am going back to AO or DAOC anyways.

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

Considering you seem to derail the topic, perhaps you should review your actions. If im not mistaken this is not a thread where we stand here and go like this

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Troll or ignorant?

Single player games don't generally have "end game". You play them through and that's it.

Originally posted by tom_gore

Troll or ignorant?

Single player games don't generally have "end game". You play them through and that's it.Can`t tell if stpid

Can`t tell if stupid or completly new to MMO games?

Originally posted by Lost_Bothan

Considering you seem to derail the topic, perhaps you should review your actions. If im not mistaken this is not a thread where we stand here and go like this

But you`re doing just that, so you`re point?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I suppose there's also a small possiblity of balde and soul this year

Originally posted by Karahandras

I suppose there's also a small possiblity of balde and soul this year

I wish, or Tera

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150

Originally posted by tom_gore

Troll or ignorant?

Single player games don't generally have "end game". You play them through and that's it.

lol when he said end game in refrence to single player games, he ment it like game over, its the end of the game, so its end of the game. (i think)

I actually got a really good laugh out it because like his refrence to end-game to single player games as it being game over, once you go through the story of TOR its end game, just like like the single player refrence its game over.

TOR is a good game, its just a terrible MMORPG. If people treat it like a single player game they will enjoy it, but if your looking for an MMORPG TOR is horrific.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Icewhite

A vague feeling that a game will be successful enough to maintain a player base without the base size growing small enough to become inconvenient.

Now AA and A would be undefined entirely; we all know that games are GREAT or they SUCK, there evidently never is anything resembling a middle ground on message boards.

I generally assume that AAA games are somewhat equivalent to 'blockbusters' in the movie genre, just the top segment in quality and production value. Games I wouldn't rate AAA, but that seem like solid MMO titles (A quality?) that might appear this year are Firefall, Planetside 2 and Blade & Soul. Blade & Soul might be on the level of an Aion and TERA so still an AAA title, don't know enough of it for now.
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

As for myself, I am going to try out AA F2P titles like STO, Firefall and Tribes while waiting for GW2.

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• sagilsagil Member CommonPosts: 291

You guys are like kids arguing who has the best superhero toy. Okay, so he was generalizing, that's not good... but you guys don't make a point that it is a single player game. I do not believe you have played much of it, you are all probably tired of mmos and need to take a pause or stick to your old game.

Swtor is a new game on the market, and just because it has fully voiced dialogues does not make it a single player game. Everyone here stating that it is not an mmorpg has not explained why, which to me is quite trolly.

I am more like the guy that is tired of the wowometer in mmos and waiting for the tide to change or just lurking in websites waiting for an independant team daring to challenge the genre. But my brother really enjoys swtor, it has a much more enjoyable crafting system than many mmos out there, low levels can be 2 in dungeons with their companions, making it easier for low levels to enjoy low level content without waiting for others to join. I play swtor some times with friends and it does not feel like a single player game at all even when playing with them.

And btw, press space to skip cinematics. Jeez, if you haven't learnt about that yet you have given up on the game too soon.

Just my 2 cents.