Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bye bye TOR see ya

Comments

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Let me think here...Hmmm

Should I go back to elf, dwarf and orc themepark mmo's image

I think I am going to consume myself in SWtOR, the Secret World and possibly revisit STO this entire year.

I definitely need a change, I have burnt out on all fantasy mmo's.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by Popple

Originally posted by metalguy23

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

The way things are going you don't have to worry about Pay to Play.It all will be free to play soon enough..Sometimes, people dont know how good they have till its gone.. Once every game goes free to play, i say you are SOL..

Since when is not having to continue to pay for games you already bought being "SOL"?  It's not the payment model that sucks, it's the effort put into the F2P's.. or lack thereof.  Don't be obtuse.

• ctacconi21ctacconi21 Member Posts: 18

bye dude have fun on gw2

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Originally posted by ctacconi21

bye dude have fun on gw2

Don't tease :(

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

People really must be full of themselves if they think teh internet cares whether or not there playing a game.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by warmaster670

People really must be full of themselves if they think teh internet cares whether or not there playing a game.

I dunno, kinda looks like 9 pages of caring to me :)

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• KhorsKhors Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Eir_S

Originally posted by ctacconi21

bye dude have fun on gw2

Don't tease :(

Seriously...dont tease.

Bad enough I cant get my hands on GW2 yet. . .what might be worse is folks actually paying $15/month for a single-player RPG. . .aka TOR.

Bah...to each their own.  As TOR is almost as shallow a supposed mmo as STO, it should be buy-to-play, at a minimum, but I feel uncomfortable even saying that when GW2 will be buy-to-play with 100-fold more mmorpg content at their launch than TOR has today.

• Leviathon77Leviathon77 Member UncommonPosts: 42

Can't we just leave and not tell everyone about it? We don't care, we've all seen this revolving door of post release MMO threads before.

• rweishaarrweishaar Member Posts: 3

Well I canceled my account today with bioware, uninstalled the game as well. Sorry but this is not an MMO, more like a single player game with some mmo stuff tacked on. Space battles are a snoozefest, game engine is horrible, combat is pretty good though it gets boring fast, pvp is a mess and not much fun to be honest, leveling is your standard boring get this do that, kill 10 of these fuck that I have a job I dont need another one. This game is designed to be a B2P and EA/Bioware wants to charge a monthly fee, I think they are out of their minds to be honest sorry. Anyway bye bye and hello Arenanet, now their game looks innovative and the engine rocks. 

So... what are you doing with your stuffs? Can I Haz?

• rweishaarrweishaar Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by Vhaln

Yep. Because taking 30 seconds to type a two sentence response mocking someone is the internets version of caring. 

Get real, it's not like I am walking through fire, catching a falling baby and running through traffic to post a response.

• EthianEthian Member Posts: 1,216

Didnt waste money buying it thankfully. So many better things to do with my time then play the same old bland themepark MMO again. Hopefully we see some worthwhile MMOs releasing here soon.

"I play Tera for the gameplay"

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Originally posted by rweishaar

Yep. Because taking 30 seconds to type a two sentence response mocking someone is the internets version of caring. 

Get real, it's not like I am walking through fire, catching a falling baby and running through traffic to post a response.

Um yeah,  just as long as you don't take my comment too literally or anything image

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Originally posted by Ethian

Didnt waste money buying it thankfully. So many better things to do with my time then play the same old bland themepark MMO again. Hopefully we see some worthwhile MMOs releasing here soon.

I bought the CE, but I don't feel ike I wasted my money, I'm building a collection of failed games, someday it will be complete.....

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    [quote=tillamook]
    I bought the CE, but I don't feel ike I wasted my money, I'm building a collection of failed games, someday it will be complete.....
    [/quote]

You mean one day games won't fail?
  • helliwanhelliwan Member Posts: 15

He Rage Quit'd, Means bioware's game are still Awesome.

Seriously man, stop crying about a game, if you dont like this one you wont like Arenanet "GW2" because it will the same boat.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by Ethian

Neither of us will EVER live long enough for that to happen, mores the pity... ^^

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • EnoshEnosh Member Posts: 140

ah yes, the difference betwen killing 10 rats and killing 10 rats or collecting 10 pieces of rat shit

but I am sure you will complain about the standart quest in GW2 too right?

as for it feeling like a sp game, well if you choose not to do any of the 6-7 heroic group quest per planet, or any of the dungeons or the pvp then yes, but that's not the fault of the game

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Yeah i agree ill probably unsub today as well.They are out of their minds.This game is for buy to play not pay per month.Besides i see no reason to pay for a game per month when arenanet's game looks more fun and buy to play with more cool and new features than the typical crap we play for years.

I agree it's a nice game but not for pay to play.It's a buy to play game and if they were kind enough they would give people irc and some online features for free.Instead they prefere to charge people to earn money for something arenanet had done 6 years ago with no monthly fees.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Nice to see that more and more people are realising that Bioware/EA is trying to pull a fast one on us. Charge monthly fee for what is fundamentally a B2P game.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

haha, good one.

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788

Originally posted by Enosh

ah yes, the difference betwen killing 10 rats and killing 10 rats or collecting 10 pieces of rat shit

as for it feeling like a sp game, well if you choose not to do any of the 6-7 heroic group quest per planet, or any of the dungeons or the pvp then yes, but that's not the fault of the game

^^this^^

I understand some people will not like the game but honestly if you want to claim things like this is a SPRPG only then you folks jsut chose not to play the game.  There's plenty of things to do with people in this game.

And as for GW2.  I'm looking forwarded to it.  But I just dont see where all this "innovation" talk comes from.  I've seen the combat in person.  Not very innovated at all.  Is it more dynamic then say, SWTOR?  Maybe, but its far from this "OMFG its goign to be so Fcking COOL!" thing people are touting.

• MsengeMsenge Member Posts: 90

Originally posted by jerlot65

Originally posted by Enosh

^^this^^

I understand some people will not like the game but honestly if you want to claim things like this is a SPRPG only then you folks jsut chose not to play the game.  There's plenty of things to do with people in this game.

And as for GW2.  I'm looking forwarded to it.  But I just dont see where all this "innovation" talk comes from.  I've seen the combat in person.  Not very innovated at all.  Is it more dynamic then say, SWTOR?  Maybe, but its far from this "OMFG its goign to be so Fcking COOL!" thing people are touting.

Personally, there is no maybe as to which has more dynamic combat.  Plus the combat is only one of the many reasons people are interested in the game.

• holifeetholifeet Member Posts: 532

Originally posted by Yamota

Nice to see that more and more people are realising that Bioware/EA is trying to pull a fast one on us. Charge monthly fee for what is fundamentally a B2P game.

It would seem you're quite the miracle man if you can make such a bold statement from one thread where someone says they've cancelled their account.

If TOR should be a B2P game then there are so many others that should be too. EQ2, WoW, Rift...the list goes on. TOR has as much content as those game, and more. It certainly has more content than Rift and it would fall short of EQ2 because that game has been out for so long (WoW too). TOR has a huge area to quest in as of release. Some of the planets are huge. I was amazed at the scale of Tatooine when I got there. Yes, there is a no go area close to the Imperial start town but if you go the other way you can speeder bike for a long way.

People will bring up the lack of exploration argument, and trust me whan I say I'm an explorer at heart so I will listen. That doesn't mean a game has to offer up amples of exploration content to be worth paying a subscription for. WoW was hardly a game that offered up oodles of exploration and people have been playing a subscription for that for years now.

I'll admit here that I'm not as hooked on TOR as I was at the start of January, but I do recognise that the game has content worth paying for. It's no less full of depth than any game that has a subscription method, even if it may be a slightly different type of MMO.

You're welcome to your opinions on TOR, but you need to stop trolling them at every given opportunity. It's not healthy.

All hail the Pixel, for it is glorious Orange!
  • EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Originally posted by pierth

There are a ton of people that bought the game for lightsabers alone- just goes to show how low expectations are anymore.

One of the things that made becoming a Jedi so spellbinding back in pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was that it wasn't easy, you had to work hard to unlock it.  It was also dangerous to be one, as your lightsaber would flag you for PvP, and you would likely end up on a Bounty Hunter quest.

Now anyone can be a Jedi from the start, and there's no fun in it.  Bioware blew that aspect of this game too. Completely ignoring what I said above, they made the journey from Padawan to Jedi Knight the matter of a few trivial quests and little fanfair.  Boooooooooringggg.

swg pre-cu was the shite.

amazing game like we never ever saw again. pitty SOE scrwed it.

but y.. jedis and the like should be a hard to work class to achieve.. not somehting you can choose right from the start.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • Atlan99Atlan99 Member UncommonPosts: 1,332

Originally posted by EduardoASG

Originally posted by MindTrigger

Originally posted by pierth

There are a ton of people that bought the game for lightsabers alone- just goes to show how low expectations are anymore.

One of the things that made becoming a Jedi so spellbinding back in pre-CU Star Wars Galaxies was that it wasn't easy, you had to work hard to unlock it.  It was also dangerous to be one, as your lightsaber would flag you for PvP, and you would likely end up on a Bounty Hunter quest.

Now anyone can be a Jedi from the start, and there's no fun in it.  Bioware blew that aspect of this game too. Completely ignoring what I said above, they made the journey from Padawan to Jedi Knight the matter of a few trivial quests and little fanfair.  Boooooooooringggg.

swg pre-cu was the shite.

amazing game like we never ever saw again. pitty SOE scrwed it.

but y.. jedis and the like should be a hard to work class to achieve.. not somehting you can choose right from the start.

Yes because the path to becoming a Jedi should be all about dark basements, pizza pockets and poop socks.