Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Crafting MMORPG

AadienAadien Member UncommonPosts: 220

Im looking for a crafting type mmo, that still has the RPG, and questing and what not. But that has a good size community, Something like Archage, if possible.

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Aadien

Im looking for a crafting type mmo, that still has the RPG, and questing and what not. But that has a good size community, Something like Archage, if possible.

Thanks for any advice

Well, the best crafting focused MMO that I'm aware of is Istaria. But it has a rather limited population, not to mention the graphics are really dated.  

http://www.istaria.com/

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Vanguard has a pretty unique crafting system.  It's a minigame of sorts where you have to use actions to get the highest quality possible without running out of energy to actually make the item.  Complications can come up that can mess around with your crafting, and it can get pretty complex with all sorts of crafting-related stats, gear that boosts crafting, and more.

It's not popular like it once was, but there's plenty of people still playing the game.  Just avoid the EU server since it's considerably less populated.

Crafting is considered one of three 'spheres', the others being adventuring (your standard MMO experience with questing etc) and diplomacy (a card game).  They all have an XP bar attached to them and, in general, the game allows you to pursue whatever you want at any time.

• seeyouspacec0wboyseeyouspacec0wboy Member UncommonPosts: 714

Vanguard is your best bet! You can simply craft your way through the game and do nothing else : ) Best community aorund as well.

Originally posted by Scagweed22
    is it the graphics? the repetativenesses? i mean what is the point? you could be so much more productive in real life
    Real life brings repetition and pointlessness too. The only thing real life offers is Great graphics. Its kinda expensive too and way to dependent on the cash shop. Totally pay to win as well. No thank you. Ill stick to my games.