Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Removes RMT to Get South Korean Approval

Comments

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by korent1991

Originally posted by Tombill

Originally posted by gaeanprayer

For God's sake, I wish people would think things like this through before posting. Who gives a shit if Blizzard compares the IPs and bans them, unless they can do it within seconds it's irrelevant. Do you know how much money could be made in the time it would take for them to sift through the IPs of the people playing, find the ones worth banning, and follow through with it? One would think the damage would already be done by then, no?

This is their (gold farmers) job, they have nothing better to do, so it doesn't matter if they get banned, they just make a new account and start all over. The price of a box is nothing compared to the money there is to be made.

It is not within seconds it is within miliseconds... on distances as short as 50 kms ...

;))) It is an automated tool/script  they installed around 6 months ago.

I tested it with a friend: his account was blocked in a second. Fully automated.

edit: the "victim" gets an email that his account is blocked due to suspicious IP access within seconds.

The access is blocked for X time and reactiviation is necessary with a new pasword.

Now look who isn't "up to date" ... :)))

so this would mean if I play the game in the evening at my home, and early tomorrow I'm on a bussines trip to another country and I log in to the game at noon when I get there (I happen to have few hours to spare before I can met the person I have arranged meeting with) I'll get a ban instantly? :D 

I'm sure a lot of people are traveling this days on a daily basis eh?

Yes, thats how it works. I've seen it in practice. I didn't get a ban, but I did get a auto request for my authenticator (which I had with me ^^).  After I got back home, I got another auto request for my autheticator.  So they ARE checking log in IP's in real time.  Thats just the tip of the iceberg in terms of what can be done, if a company cares enough to put time/talent and money into dealing with these problems. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • HalandirHalandir Member UncommonPosts: 773

I doubt the decision to remove the RMT auction house in South Korea will have much of an impact in EU/NA.

Sure there will be a lot of debating but in the end all the Blizzard fans (and a lot of other gamesplayers) will buy D3 while others (including me) will prefer the most obvious alternative, Torchlight II.

With or without RMT auctionhouse, my money is with Torchlight II for a lot of reasons. Mod-support being one of them.

We dont need casuals in our games!!! Errm... Well we DO need casuals to fund and populate our games - But the games should be all about "hardcore" because: We dont need casuals in our games!!!
    (repeat ad infinitum)

• Dynamic1325Dynamic1325 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Really the only way to please the people who hate the idea of people being able to buy items is to completely disable any form of trading.

Lets say ... no RMT... well people are still going to go to those shady sites to buy stuff anyway.

But with RMT, your more everyday kind of person will be partaking in it.

Pve wise, RMT doesn't mean ****, 4 freekin people per game. There aren't raids... no addon support (dmg meters).

Pvp, can't really say much, haven't been able to really test it much to see how big a part gear would play.

I think, once I have good gear, then go to pvp and beat people, I'm going to falsely claim that I bought all my gear just to troll them.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I guess I better get started on learning korean.  I sure as hell don't want to play on NA servers with RMT...there's a reason why people hate RMT...and Blizzard just joined the ranks of an RMT company.  They don't even have to pay thier employees...I mean players....

I've never seen a game that went from 100% "I'm so getting this game 1 second after launch" to "Nope, I wouldn't touch it with a 39 and a half foot pole" so quickly lol.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Originally posted by Gravarg

I guess I better get started on learning korean.  I sure as hell don't want to play on NA servers with RMT...there's a reason why people hate RMT...and Blizzard just joined the ranks of an RMT company.  They don't even have to pay thier employees...I mean players....

/yawn

Blizzards RMAH is the ultimate player driven economy - these items do not appear out of thin air, a player needs to find the item(s) by playing the game choose not to use it themselves, break it down for mats, sell it for gold, keep it for the future or give it to a friend before he might consider the RMAH.  What ever he does there is still only one of that item if he dosen't use it some one else might as well and if a few $ changes hands in a secure enviroment then whats the harm?

That or we have;

• All items Bind of Pickup

• Dodgy 3rd party website selling items and stealing peoples accounts

It's been said a million times already no one needs to use the RMAH to win at D3, all items that will appear on the RMAH have to be found by players and have to be posted by players - nothing they might find on the RMAH will be of the reach of any player for simply playing the game, there is a traditional ingame gold AH as well as RMAH.

Now lets all stop acting like 5 year olds, and grow up.  It's my bed time.

• crazynannycrazynanny Member Posts: 173
    In every single MMO game out there the stuff I earn during playing is worth nothing, in D3 I can sell it(in both cases legally that is). No matter how low farmers will try to undercut, I can do it more and still get a profit unlike in every other game. This is interesting enough to try and see how it works. Blizz got balls fer sure.
  • freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Honestly RMT transactions will be in most games anyways and this way they can regulate it as well.

Also if you play alot and get good items you will be able to make some real money back.

See Diablo 2 prices and we should get something similar.

Most high level items 50c to $2 and only the rarest are worth hundreds.

This will benefit both sides except in the case where someones account gets stolen or cc, but thats something else.

• MupfMupf Member Posts: 17

Originally posted by crazynanny

In every single MMO game out there the stuff I earn during playing is worth nothing, in D3 I can sell it(in both cases legally that is). No matter how low farmers will try to undercut, I can do it more and still get a profit unlike in every other game. This is interesting enough to try and see how it works. Blizz got balls fer sure.

That's my favourite argumentation from those who like the idea. Everyone who will use the RMAH says, yeah, I can finally make a profit... guys, there is no business where everyone makes a profit, and for sure none where you have fees on every aspect of the process. So who is gonna lose? Hand me some popcorn, this is gonna be fun...

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , the only thing I'll write here is this : RMT should be punishable by death.

You heard correctly.  You want RMT? Then go play texas hold'em online or something , they don't belong in RPG's.  Just the fact that D3 is online only makes it crappy , and having a lame Auction house I can already smell the botters from miles away. D2 got out of hand after Expansion came out. It had BARELY no botting before Xpac , once Xpac got out , it was like holy jesus on wheels , botters left and right. Good job on S. Korea on stepping in.  +1 for them.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Originally posted by Mupf

Originally posted by crazynanny

That's my favourite argumentation from those who like the idea. Everyone who will use the RMAH says, yeah, I can finally make a profit... guys, there is no business where everyone makes a profit, and for sure none where you have fees on every aspect of the process. So who is gonna lose? Hand me some popcorn, this is gonna be fun...

^This.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

Its pretty simple RMT should never have been in the game in the first place.

Its funny how poeple bash F2P games ( usaully because of claims pay2win or claims of only lazy poor people play them)

The RMT system in diablo3 will so make this the ultimate pay2win game EVER

Was the most lame idea ever and the reason i will never play it.

I wonder what the IRS view on poeple making money in this game will be ? LMAO

Will they charge you with tax evasion if you dont declare your "earnings"

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

Personaly i cant wait if my calulations are correct i can make better than the US minimium wage selling wolf pelts!

Thats right every morning im gona wake up @ 5am and start farming wolfs by noon i will have slaughtered somwhere in the neihborhhod of 100 wolfs (Hey im a noob ok!)

Anyway in a week or two after beta ends ill be multiboxing an amy of wolf killers muhahahaha!

• travdotytravdoty Member UncommonPosts: 274

Originally posted by aslan132

This just keeps it in house, safer for the player, and discourages scams and farmers. 

LOL! This guy has to be trolling or something because noone could logically deduct that on their own.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by GrayGhost79

Originally posted by cpoustie

Sure Blizzard may ship it with no offline mode, I give it at most 1 month before someone like Skidrow/Reloaded/Razor1911 have cracked/engineered a work-around.  Depending on popularity maybe a few more months after said crack for a Hamachi port to appear for lan play.

The sad part is if it were offline/lan-able out of the box, with no RMT AH they would most likely have a couple hundred thousand more sales instead of people waiting for above pirates.

This is both sad and true lol. 

Blizzards new approach to online Piracy is to force people to do it XD. 

This will likely go the way of Real ID, large ammount of protesting and etc. but the problem is this will likely be a little to late to stop it. Blizzard will be the one to lose in this though, not the players because yes... some are already getting prepped to give people offline mode. 

Seriously what is going on here?  Steam comes to mind to combat piracy.  For crying out loud nearly all the big players are trying and successfully forcing online only type games or purchases.  I do not see a large section saying companies should changed and go back to boxed sales only, and as we all know all the money in gaming is through wannabe games on facebook and mobile apps.  Yet everyone is tearing at the few game companies that actually make video games.

I can't believe people still don't get why this is implemented.  Go install Diablo II and see the items for sale. and the websites for a now 11 1/2 year old game.  People will buy items from Diablo III with or without Blizzard.  Hackers will still hack and botters will still bot the same as they do now on cattle.net.  Hell probably half of the users on here have bought gold in a game at some point.  If we must bitch about something related to Diablo III, lets bitch about not getting our beta key even though we've been a blizzard supporter since Warcraft: Orcs and Humans as well as complain about the total lack of a release because hey its done when its done.

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

Something that really bothers me about the RMAH is where does it fall with respect to taxation? This is a grey area that I can see becoming a problem for the gamer.

What do I mean by this? Well, anything that makes a person money could in essence be taxable. How would a government tax something like D3 though? Would it just assume that every player who plays D3 uses the RMAH even if they don't? Does that mean you have to declare games like D3 in the future on one's tax forms even if you don't make a cent from the game?

Black market is black market: the revenues people make in the game don't affect me, but once something is made legitimate like this RMAH thing, it will affect me whether I use it or not. I don't like mixing entertainment with things like taxation, gambling, etc.

Perhaps my questions might seem strange, but in light of the economic crisis and governments taxing just about everything to try to nickle and dime their citizens and residents, I think the day that people will start making real money (not chump change) on something like this RMAH is the day we will attract the ugly attention of governments in our hobby. We are just speculating that things will sell for cheap, but I have this bad hunch that that might not be true in every case. It all depends on what Blizzard puts in for drop rates for certain items.

I will still be getting D3 and playing it, but am not going to be using the RMAH since I want to keep real life and virtual gaming separate as much as possible, but the day I have to declare I am a D3 player on my tax form is the day I quit gaming online.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Way I see it is "Single player game with cash shop".  Activision/Blizzard has become the most greedy company in the world. Now let's see how many other dev's use RMT in single player games all because these greedy aholes did it.

"It's to stop bots/exploiters/dupes". Give me a break it's a way to line their pockets even more.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Lexin

Way I see it is "Single player game with cash shop".  Activision/Blizzard has become the most greedy company in the world. Now let's see how many other dev's use RMT in single player games all because these greedy aholes did it.

"It's to stop bots/exploiters/dupes". Give me a break it's a way to line their pockets even more.

Blizzard is the publisher of their own games. Activision isn't even on the box.

irrellevent seeing as there both part of ActivisionBlizzard.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

2 errors in there.

Players will be able to gain money by selling their gear/items/products.

---- > It is a player driven economy with real money as a cash out option. MUCH etter than a lame cash shop.

I like that: as a player making money from playing an on line  RPG ... in co op mode...and a 1 million player Auction House.

Got that ?

Yes but Blizzard is taken a big chunk of the money.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Siveria

The game was confirmed for consoles which pretty much means its gonna be shit just like dungeon siege 3 was. Its sad :( So tired of consoles ruining games on the pc.

lol fail logic, i guess diablo was shit too, and warcraft 2.

Nice try though, gotta love all the delusional pc fanboys who instead of, you know, looking at the people who make a game they decide to blame a piece of plastic.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• nybratnybrat Member UncommonPosts: 16

People... please stop crying about RMT. You do know you can play the game and just use the normal gold AH, right? No one is forcing you to use the RMT.

OT: Ofc south korea dont want the RMT in D3, they support their own gold farming sweetshops.

2 errors in there.

---- > It is a player driven economy with real money as a cash out option. MUCH etter than a lame cash shop.

I like that: as a player making money from playing an on line  RPG ... in co op mode...and a 1 million player Auction House.

Got that ?

WIN/WIN for everyone then as players can gain money now too.

How is that WIN/WIN? It's suppose to be a single player game with online co-op... But guess it's expected out of Blizzard now since they have gone RMT with WoW why not go RMT with a non-mmo.

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39

Originally posted by nybrat

People... please stop crying about RMT. You do know you can play the game and just use the normal gold AH, right? No one is forcing you to use the RMT.

OT: Ofc south korea dont want the RMT in D3, they support their own gold farming sweetshops.

The gold in game was already worthless in d2, dont fool yourself by thinking people will have a choice. It will be there for people to use but everyone will have the illusion they can make money off playing a game ...

Blizzard has simply gave up as they cant seem to control RMT in all of their games ( it would probably hinder their profits to pay someone to maintain a RMT free game ) 

People seem to think that there are no farmer beside RMT farmers and that its the only way to get said items ... if anyone has played d2 for long enough they would know that after a certain point, a good chunk of your time would be sunked into farming runs from boss. Farmers exist regardless of RMT, AH turns into a 3rd party for sales instead of being an auction house.

Oh and i cant wait to see people bit**ing when dupes come out and they paid good money for them , only to see them deleted by blizz.

• notsurenotsure Member Posts: 39

2 errors in there.

Got that ?

If you think YOU will gain anything from this your a fool, you will be undercutted so badly youll make pennies. But hey it is a win/ win like you said because people will actually be more productive with their time and get a real job instead of relying on illusions to pay the bill. 

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

I just realised that if some player buys an item from RMAH my characters power is reduced by 20%... oh no wait.  Let me think about that for a second.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by notsure

2 errors in there.

Got that ?

If you think YOU will gain anything from this your a fool, you will be undercutted so badly youll make pennies. But hey it is a win/ win like you said because people will actually be more productive with their time and get a real job instead of relying on illusions to pay the bill. 

I'm all in favor of competition lowering AH prices. ^^  If someone wants to spend their time farming things, I'm more than willing to pay them for their time. Win/Win as far as I'm concerned. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."