Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bad user reviews huh? More like FANTASTIC user reviews! Another hater myth debunked.

So I've been lurking these forums for awhile and I must say I've never seen so much hatred for a game in my life.   Most of  the reasons for the hate are either waayyyyyyyy over exaggerated, or just flat out lies.  The constant nit-picking and blind hate is enough to make a person sick.  95% of the people playing TOR absolutely love it, as it is a great and fun game.

One of the lies perpetrated by the hate community is that while TOR receives very high review scores from the critics, the user reviews are extremely low.  This is simply not true, with the exception being metacritic.  It is well known that an army of WoWers bent on seeing TOR fail bombarded metacritic with 1 star reviews, even though most of them had never even played the game.

Let's take a look at some user scores left by people who actually purchased and played TOR:

Gamestop -  8.2 and 9.4 

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online/88761

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/star-wars-the-old-republic-online-collectors-edition/92635

Best Buy - 4.1 / 5

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Wars%3A+The+Old+Republic+-+Windows/3031171.p?id=1218373620959&skuId=3031171&st=the%20old%20republic&lp=1&cp=1#tabbed-customerreviews

Amazon - 4 1/2 stars out of 5

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Collectors-Bundle-Pc/dp/B005B8DRVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326562728&sr=8-1

Newegg - 4 / 5

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130282

The list goes on and on....

Also, please not that the majority of low scores left on the above sites are by people who didn't realize there was a subscription involved and are angry at their own ignorance.   While they purchaed the game, they never actually did play it.  Imagine how much higher the scores would be without the reviews left by those people.

So there you have it, another hate community lie exposed.

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

I still disagree that swtor is the most hated mmo.

Darkfall is/was more hated.

Dawn one of the bigger mmos scams will still get more hate ... well except not too many knew about it

Dark and light early access ... ah good times ...

First month of anarchy online I guess .. the mmo with the most server crashes in one month of any mmo (a few thousand crahses in the first month if I remember right)

Anyone else want to help out with more hated mmos than swtor?

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

We wil see if your numbers add up after the honeymoon phase is over. If 95% stick around then you were correct. If not then you are no better than the ones crying foul. I don't claim to know what is in the future but I do know my opinion of the game is not good at all and I can go into details, and that is never a lie so nice try with the soapbox approach. Good day sir. 

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

Originally posted by obii

I still disagree that swtor is the most hated mmo.

Darkfall is/was more hated.

Dawn one of the bigger mmos scams will still get more hate ... well except not too many knew about it

Dark and light early access ... ah good times ...

First month of anarchy online I guess .. the mmo with the most server crashes in one month of any mmo (a few thousand crahses in the first month if I remember right)

Anyone else want to help out with more hated mmos than swtor?

SWG NGE?

• flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507

Great first post.  How much an hour do you get paid by Bioware to go make new accounts on forums and post that the game is good?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I read the title and actually thought this was going to be a decent and interesting topic.

I'm sorry but this is just desperate

• JimyHumuHumuJimyHumuHumu Member UncommonPosts: 251

and you made new account just to make this topic? This one where you claim 95% people playing swtor absolutely love it, and how newest wow feature is 'lets give swtor low metacritic score'? Amazing. 

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

95% of people that go to the beach like the beach. 95% of people who eat apples like apples.

Of course people playing the game like the game. Why would they be playing it if they didn't?

Post barely resembles a complete thought and debunks nothing but the effectiveness of the education system.

• evictonevicton Member Posts: 398

The amount of hate tor gets is mostly due to almost a perfect storm.

You have wow die hards who hate on every new mmo.

You have sandbox fans upset they went the wow clone path instead of SWG 2.

You have swg vets upset on the above plus there game gets shut down to boot.

Then you have the GW2 Fanboy hate because to there perspective audience each game

has equal amount of hype. Plus there game ain't out yet.

You have to consider what it really means to sandboxers, this is not a simple thing as this game is not for us. Future mmo devs and investors can looks at the star wars license and say whether one model is more successful then the other. If tor holds 1 mil subs for atleast 6 months its gonna be hard to convince any investor that a sandbox title is the way to go when the numbers they can see from the star wars license says otherwise.

This is not an industry(gaming as a whole) that often rewards innovation as much as it rewards refinements. Skyriim is a refinement, Mw3 is a refinement, Saints Row 3 is a refinement of a rip off and the whole series has done well.

More on topic I've been on the sinking ships- war, champions online, sto, aoc. And one thing with those games had itn common is an overwhelming amount of negativity about the game, spewing in general chat. I have yet to see this on my tor server.

• bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Hatewall

95% of people that go to the beach like the beach. 95% of people who eat apples like apples.

Of course people playing the game like the game. Why would they be playing it if they didn't?

Post barely resembles a complete thought and debunks nothing but the effectiveness of the education system.

What? Just because a consumer purchased a product does not mean he/she was happy with the purchase after getting hands-on time with it. You somehow took the general idea of a user review and assumed that every single person who was compelled to publish one about ToR would still be happily playing the game. I'm not sure why anyone would think that. SWTOR is a product like any other--95% of the people who bought it (nice made up statistic) don't automatically enjoy it just like 95% of the people who buy a Sealy Posturpedic mattress don't automatically sleep like a baby for the life of their mattress and 95% of the people who buy a Sony HDTV aren't automatically convinced they shouldn't have bought a Samsung. Simply--if not eloquently--put, there will always be things some people don't like about things, and they can't always discover those things before spending their money on things.

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

I don't care about the reviews.  I enjoy the game and will keep playing it.

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

Originally posted by bonzoso21

Originally posted by Hatewall

What? Just because a consumer purchased a product does not mean he/she was happy with the purchase after getting hands-on time with it. You somehow took the general idea of a user review and assumed that every single person who was compelled to publish one about ToR would still be happily playing the game. I'm not sure why anyone would think that. SWTOR is a product like any other--95% of the people who bought it (nice made up statistic) don't automatically enjoy it just like 95% of the people who buy a Sealy Posturpedic mattress don't automatically sleep like a baby for the life of their mattress and 95% of the people who buy a Sony HDTV aren't automatically convinced they shouldn't have bought a Samsung. Simply--if not eloquently--put, there will always be things some people don't like about things, and they can't always discover those things before spending their money on things.

Did you read the post I quoted?

wheew

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

Damage control? This early? Dang.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

There is no such thing as a hate community. There are those who are dazzled by the bling bling of this game and there are those who see past all that bullshit and see this game for what it is. A very ordinary MMORPG which, not only, does not take the genre forward but backwards by trying to charge a monthly sub-fee for what is essentially a single/co-op experience.

But hey if we are posting selectively about user reviews then this, the single largest crop of user ratings of 1308 gives the average score of 6.0. Which is exactly what it deserves, because it is neither all that bad nor good.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

I've never seen a MMO where so many folks see such a need to create new threads to validate their support for it.  They are supposed to be too busy having fun to troll forums like the rest of us. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i got to say i agree op, i played wow since almost the beginning and when i went to swtor i wasnt sure i had issue but most of them were bad setting at my end after a month? i got to say it isnt perfect but it does a very good job,still not sure if i am properly set ,but when we come in forum its like the whole wow community came here to bash swtor because they dont want player to move  to swtor,get this in your head not everybody can come to swtor anyway,a lot dont have the computer for it period!

so the majority will stay at wow no need to hate or put false info gees.in my book  swtor is a great game!some people are like danr there is nobody !nobody play hardcore like before,on the day it is real life stuff going on ,shopping,washing the lundry mow the lawn shovel the snow ,get out the trash etc etc etc ,on the night that is when everything start (often after the kids are asleep,sorry little fellow reading this!)and then it goes late into the night they wake up in the morning mumbling what what what ?already!yep!grin!some think player play 24 hour a day 7 day a week nope they dont they replaced tv with gaming when they have time but often their better half or parent will say mendatory weekly tv ,theneverybody sit dutyfully staring a the computer or the console and counting the minute left in the danr movie they probably love (lol)

• Mordred1Mordred1 Member UncommonPosts: 84

So the good reviews are the ones that give high scores? I'm not a Wower and think this game stinks. And if you like it, why are you concerned about what people think?

But man, making a subscription mandatory when every other MMO in the market gives 30 days with the purchase is really low.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Originally posted by Mordred1

So the good reviews are the ones that give high scores? I'm not a Wower and think this game stinks. And if you like it, why are you concerned about what people think?

But man, making a subscription mandatory when every other MMO in the market gives 30 days with the purchase is really low.

cause scaring the whole comunity off a game that isnt a treath to wow is sad

• loradoveloradove Member UncommonPosts: 62

There has been a lot of posts regarding SWToRreviews, locking this one.

This discussion has been closed.