Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising: Subscription Fees Waived

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising forum, the game will be adopting a free to play revenue model. Until such time as the reworked hybrid model goes live, all subscription fees will be waived and the game price will drop to $9.99.

In the interim, we have made the decision to eliminate subscription fees and offer G&H players immediate and unlimited access to all areas of the game until the new Free-to-Play model has been finalized and implemented. In addition, we are dropping the price of the Gods & Heroes game next week to $9.99/£7.99/€9.99. (G&H can be purchased at most physical and digital retailers or at godsandheroes.com.)

Read the full post on the Gods & Heroes: Rome Rising site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Reality > Pride..

No one wants the stigma of having to re-brand their product as a F2P after being released a P2P, but whatever works, works..

They may still attract a few more people going F2P, but I think they might have hurt themselves a little by re-releasing this game as P2P after it had fell off the radar previously..

Had they returned it to people as a F2P game as G1 did APB, might have had a different story to tell right now..

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Well about time. Shame the players that actually subscribed to the game effectively paid for a beta and all the newcomers to the game are getting a superior product, without the monthly fee. Kinda reminds me of what is happening to FFXIV right now. ^_^

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Bit late. This game would have had infinitely more success if they'd gone F2P right from the start. It's in no way good enough to be worth a sub, for it's not bad for a F2P and I'm sure that item mall money would have gone a long way toward fixing a lot of those bugs and issues plaguing the game. But that the company was stubborn and buried their heads in the sand rather than except, and try to work with, reality makes me wary of them and their game.

Above poster is right, the conversion comes with a stigma. Companies need to look at the market and see how their game actually measures up to the competition before trying to charge what the AAA's are charging.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

It's a shame to see a game like this that just came out a couple months ago to go f2p so fast,

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

This game is probably worth the $10 price tag. When I played the game in beta, I enjoyed playing it and thought it was OK.

** edit **
    To anyone who thinks it's a surprise that the game went F2P so fast, don't be. The game was started a long time ago. I think the original release date was something like 2005 or 2006. This is a resurrection of the original game, except in a state that could be released. Had it released by the original developer on the original date, it would have been an awesome game.

** edit edit **
    And yes, they should have gone with the B2P or F2P business model right out of the gate.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i think this is fab news..does that mean i can log in now..i payed for it on release?

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

man why wud u pay for this game, it sucks

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

Originally posted by A1D3N

man why wud u pay for this game, it sucks

iof you dont like it then dont comment m8..stick to what you like ..simples.and this game aint as bad as what its made out to be .another game that severly lacks content

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Another one bites the dust shame for a game with such a great IP just poorly executed job done.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

I can't be bothered to even redownload, install and find my password on this because I'm knee deep in a galaxy far, far away.

Had this been 2 months ago I'd be all about it.  Sorry, they had a window to make the most of this game and it has long since flown by.

Maybe, and this is way out there, if I get bored of this years MMO's (highly unlikely), then I might give it a shot again, if it survives thta long.  

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

One of rare games where out of 30 days of free gameplay I have effectively used maybe 2 or 3 hours when i have realized was mistake to spend money (and now time) on this game. I love idea, lore, ... of this game. And that's all what is attractive. 10 years ago maybe however I would be very happy with overall quality.