Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Blizzard Removes RMT to Get South Korean Approval

Comments

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by precious328

Originally posted by aslan132

Actually the RMT auction house is the only reason I will buy it. If they opt out for the American version as well, I wont be playing this game. But i seriously doubt Blizzard will want to lose that revenue stream. They lose way too much money for items being sold on "black market websites", and for everyone that doesnt want to use RMT the game will not change for you in the slightest bit. Just keep on playing your way, and ignore that feature. Its a win/win for Blizzard, since those other websites would still exist regardless of any auction house feature they implement. This just keeps it in house, safer for the player, and discourages scams and farmers. Thanks Blizzard, keep up the good work.

I strongly disagree.

People will always buy items. However, this will encourage MANY more to do so.

They lost my $60 bucks.

why do you care if people buy items?  jealous?  elitist?  I can't think of a positive adjective for someone who gives a damn.

• DraakanDraakan Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by adam_nox

Actually the RMT auction house is the only reason I will buy it. If they opt out for the American version as well, I wont be playing this game. But i seriously doubt Blizzard will want to lose that revenue stream. They lose way too much money for items being sold on "black market websites", and for everyone that doesnt want to use RMT the game will not change for you in the slightest bit. Just keep on playing your way, and ignore that feature. Its a win/win for Blizzard, since those other websites would still exist regardless of any auction house feature they implement. This just keeps it in house, safer for the player, and discourages scams and farmers. Thanks Blizzard, keep up the good work.

I strongly disagree.

They lost my $60 bucks.

why do you care if people buy items?  jealous?  elitist?  I can't think of a positive adjective for someone who gives a damn.

Yeah. That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

• malfury1malfury1 Member Posts: 19

Prepare for alot of undercutting and rage for some quick bucks.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

Originally posted by Draakan

I strongly disagree.

They lost my $60 bucks.

Yeah. That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

When there's PVP involved it does matter.

If anything, as I see it,  the jelous ones are the ones who want to buy their items becouse they can't get them actually playing the games, and want to think they are as good players as those who can. Not talking about Diablo now, but in general.

Personally, I wanted to play D3 for years, even before any announcement had been made. Then I learned about the official RMT in D3 and I knew I would be playing something else.

And we know there's tons of people who think the same.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

My husband and I were talking about this and I do agree that, given my time schedule, I love the idea of the RMT auction house and will probably make use of it. I simply don't have the time or, frankly, the inclination to spend countless hours farming bosses to get what I want. I'm happy to pay someone to find it for me. It's the same philosophy I have about crafting: I hate it but love it that others don't and I pay them for their goods.

That said, I also understand what PvPers are worried about and there's an easy solution: When creating PvP events, make it so players can choose from a list of options or filters for those who can join. Password, level, class etc. But also, why not add "purchased items from the RMT auction house"? It doesn't have to say what or how much has been spent but make it so players can exclude anyone who has purchased anything from the RMT AH. That way, the creator knows that those who are entering are not benefitting from their purchases.

I remember back in the old Diablo 1 days that there were players called "purists" who would not accept anything from other players, dupe or buy things from item sites. It's sort of like that for PvPers who want to keep an even playing field.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DarthMajinDarthMajin Member Posts: 92

I won't touch another Blizzard Online required product since I got SC2 and then Blizzard closed my account. $60 wasted right there.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

I guess they don't want people trading there unwanted children for in game items... better off they get sold into slavery i suppose..

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by SBFord

My husband and I were talking about this and I do agree that, given my time schedule, I love the idea of the RMT auction house and will probably make use of it. I simply don't have the time or, frankly, the inclination to spend countless hours farming bosses to get what I want. I'm happy to pay someone to find it for me. It's the same philosophy I have about crafting: I hate it but love it that others don't and I pay them for their goods.

That said, I also understand what PvPers are worried about and there's an easy solution: When creating PvP events, make it so players can choose from a list of options or filters for those who can join. Password, level, class etc. But also, why not add "purchased items from the RMT auction house"? It doesn't have to say what or how much has been spent but make it so players can exclude anyone who has purchased anything from the RMT AH. That way, the creator knows that those who are entering are not benefitting from their purchases.

I remember back in the old Diablo 1 days that there were players called "purists" who would not accept anything from other players, dupe or buy things from item sites. It's sort of like that for PvPers who want to keep an even playing field.

You're in the minority then, because I'm NOT interested in pvping for Diablo III. However, I will NOT buy Diablo III if RMT is allowed in on the North American Client. I simply will not allow myself to play such a corrupt system.

It promotes HEAVY automated botting & hacks to increase profit. Absolutely unacceptable from a "fair play" standpoint. We play video games to GET AWAY from the reality that more than 90% of us are too poor to BUY virtual progress.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

I strongly disagree.

They lost my $60 bucks.

I care for numerous reasons................ 

With D3 doing this it gives way for Blizzard to do so in actual MMO's and could encourage other Devs to consider doing the same. This causes a problem for me. 

1) The game world, pricing, rarity, etc. is all a tight rope walk when it comes to the ingame economy. It's a balancing act that is destroyed with little effort. RMT's are bad enough, adding legal RMTing into the mix and it encourages more to participate in such a system. Now the in game economy is just fubared. At that point your better off just simply putting an NPC in game that hands out what people want when they want it. 

2) It detracts from the PvP. I work, have a family, responsibilities, hell I'm a grandfather now. It's bad enough I have to compete with people that have way more time than me, it's asinine that I have to compete against people willing to throw away a fair amount of cash on asinine virtual items they do not own. 

3) This opens the door for the "Shady Sites" to expand there victim base. More people encouraged to buy items and gold for rl cash the more prominent the phishing attempts will be. It's bad enough as is but growing the RMT consumer base is not wise. The more people doing these kinds of things, the more people that will try to capitalize on it. 

4) People doing this in one game through legal means desinsitizes them. They become more likely to do so in other games that do not condone it. "Pssh, it doesn't hurt anyone. If I get banned I can just buy more stuff. I do it in other games, why not here?". 

I could go on but this is pretty much the base of why I have a problem with it. I mean there are tons of other reasons why it's  just not good in my opinion. Hell do you even know why Korea has an issue with this kind of game mechanic?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2011/10/16/south-korea-s-video-game-addiction.html

Korea has had a big problem with video game addiction, companies like Blizzard intentionally trying to capitalize on this is beyond wrong. People spending all their bill money on virtual items they don't own, etc. 

http://mashable.com/2010/04/07/farmville-debt/

It's not just a problem in Korea either. Kids especially don't think things through all the time. $1 here, $1 there... Mom and dad won't mind and I really need that +10 Sword.......... $1,400 dollars later the realization seeps in. 

So no.......... I'm not just jealous or elitist, but kids like you need to think about the ramafications of a main stream developer like Blizzard legalizing RMT. 

Your "I want it now and damn the consequences" attitude is going to be the death of out little hobby one day. 

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380

Originally posted by Icewhite

Originally posted by Requiamer

I'm not sure our government (Europe+USA) are either aware of RMT in gaming and all their implications, especially the most arming like some kids games payed by phones, and if they do, we will have to wait few years or some big event before they really act.

Or the first I.R.S vs. John Smith case resulting from D3.

On an unrealted side note, if you have the Dragona ad in the background...when's the last time you saw a woman whose boobs were bigger than her head? 

<--bad art alert.

Yeah that is some seriously terrible artwork.  I very much agree.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by SBFord

You're in the minority then, because I'm NOT interested in pvping for Diablo III. However, I will NOT buy Diablo III if RMT is allowed in on the North American Client. I simply will not allow myself to play such a corrupt system.

It promotes HEAVY automated botting & hacks to increase profit. Absolutely unacceptable from a "fair play" standpoint. We play video games to GET AWAY from the reality that more than 90% of us are too poor to BUY virtual progress.

I may be in the minority of voices who bother posting on internet forums but the cold hard facts of EBay and virtual items seller sites say otherwise. There are a LOT of people willing to spend money on virtual goods. After all, isn't the so-called F2P movement similar? People play for free but can purchase items from the "item mall"? There's little difference other than the fact that some of the money goes to the people who spend enough time hunting down and selling the items.

For what it's worth, I have a strict budget when it comes to all gaming in which I participate whether it's app purchases, item mall goods in F2P MMOs or RMT goods in the D3AH in the future. I never have and never will go over that paltry amount of money I set aside out of my monthly earnings.  I don't smoke or drink or waste money on going out to dinner or the movies very often. I choose my entertainment dollars very carefully.

Believe me when I tell you that I am not rich by a long stretch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Okay lolz let me get this straight, if they pull a feature from the game that it never had in any of the previous versions you will not play the game.  hehe  To follow that logic all the way through to its end, then your not really buying Diablo 3 to play Diablo 3 you are buying a RMT auction house feature that just happens to be connected to a little old game called Diablo 3.   Uhh okay ya makes perfect sense now.........why do I continue to read these forums.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by Siveria

The game was confirmed for consoles which pretty much means its gonna be shit just like dungeon siege 3 was. Its sad :( So tired of consoles ruining games on the pc.

The original Diablo was released for Sega Genesis.

I'm sorry, but stop all discussion for a second.

... what?

• PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093

can haz south korean version?

• ooblaoobla Member Posts: 87

Can they remove PMT from mmos too :P

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Looks like someone dropped the ball, in terms of greasing the proper hands over there.  Thats what these types of objections tend to boil down to, in the final analysis (at least when dealing with politicians).  Personally, I do not really care one way or the other about the AH.  But I have no problem with spending money on games I enjoy.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Originally posted by Calerxes

I more shocked that South Korea has anti-gambling laws has the government ever played a Free2Play Korean game?

I suspect those make the proper "contributions" to the politicians in power.  Besides, they are Korean companies, and aren't held to the same standards as those of foreign companies.  Anyone who has ever done business in Korea (or much of Asia for that matter) can tell you how that works.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • FareasFareas Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Siveria

The game was confirmed for consoles which pretty much means its gonna be shit just like dungeon siege 3 was. Its sad :( So tired of consoles ruining games on the pc.

The original Diablo was released for Sega Genesis.

I'm sorry, but stop all discussion for a second.

... what?

It wasnt released for sega genesis, it was released for ps1 though and I still have the disc(it was bad on ps1)

• Dynamic1325Dynamic1325 Member UncommonPosts: 70

I think the RMT is a good idea. People are going to electronic goods even if they took it out, you can't stop it.

Yes, more people will do it now because it will be safer.

Jealous because you don't have the budget to spend a couple bucks?

Well, you know what, you can sell things to make some too, to then buy what you want.

This whole, maw! They lost my 60$ because the RMT, lolwhatever maybe you shouldn't be spending any money on games if your budget is that tight.

Good thing this forum is free.

The RMT is going to happen in North America and it is a good thing.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Hi guys there is a server without RMT for Diablo III, its called hardcore mode.  Come play it with me and stop p***ing out, k?  Thx.  

Originally posted by Fareas

It wasnt released for sega genesis, it was released for ps1 though and I still have the disc(it was bad on ps1)

It was a great game for PS1 too...  Really fun to play 2 players.

Originally posted by Dynamic1325

I think the RMT is a good idea. People are going to electronic goods even if they took it out, you can't stop it.

Yes but people like to live in dillusional worlds where an invisible man watches over them for them and RMT does not occur in Diablo...

In my opinion, blizzard should be allowed to post diablo III items on ebay under various ebay accounts, sell the items to players, and then shortly after delete the players account for buying items online.  That would end all of this pretty quickly...

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• Cameo3Cameo3 Member Posts: 219

Originally posted by Dynamic1325
    Yes, more people will do it now because it will be safer.
    Jealous because you don't have the budget to spend a couple bucks?
    Well, you know what, you can sell things to make some too, to then buy what you want.

This whole, maw! They lost my 60$ because the RMT, lolwhatever maybe you shouldn't be spending any money on games if your budget is that tight.
    Good thing this forum is free.
    The RMT is going to happen in North America and it is a good thing.

I've heard the botters are already in the beta with people like "ZERYZZFE1235134 has entered the world." LOL.

I hope and pray that there's a lot of botters to flood the market and keep the prices down. Paying more then $3-$5 for the best item in the game seems worth it, but not a penny more.

Member of Talon | www.lakexeno.com
    RIFT: Redcameo, Warrior, Faemist Server
    RIFT: Bluecameo, Mage, Faemist Server

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Exactly. Any 'regular player', even one who plays for a ridiculous amount of time, will never make a cent on the RMAH. It will be completely dominated by bots run by the gold farming/selling companies. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply fooling themselves.

This is Blizzard's way of saying, "Well, we can't beat the gold farmers, so we may as well just try to get our cut of the money!", and it's 100% despicable behavior on their part, not to mention how disingenuous they're being as to the reasons for allowing RMAH to begin with. To protect the players MY ASS. It's greed, plain and simple, and they're looking to get paid for doing nothing.

I've washed my hands of ActiBlizz, deleted their products off my PC, and will never give them another dime of my money. I'd hope that anyone with a shred of integrity left would do the same.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Such irony, considering Korean MMOs are usually plagued with RMT, but I guess that since you are unable to take money out of the game it's not considered gambling, just 100% spending money. It isn't really gambling but finally some effective trading as you're able to buy and sell items for real money.

Gambling would be any RMT purchase that involves RNG in the outcome of the item, more so when the odds for the items are not equal but different such as only 1% of getting the best item from that RMT box.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

Originally posted by Bruise187

Not  buying it for the simple reason of having to be online to even play the game. Wish I wouldnt have bought SC2

What do you mean? I thought this was an offline game with online multiplayer option (if you so wished to join that?)

Would suck if its mainly a single player game were one could have co-op play but you still could only play it whilst being online, what if i was not online or my net was down or i cancelled my ISP services? that would mean i would not be able to play this.

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

"Blizzard Removes RMT to Get South Korean Approval" was what I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJMr_P4hH4#t=0m13s

Was what I did.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."