Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ur first mmo

there are so many out now but what did you play first?

Comments

• MightykingMightyking Member UncommonPosts: 235

Biosfear.

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I came expecting Uruguay's First MMO.

I am now leaving, dissapointed...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• Sanity888Sanity888 Member UncommonPosts: 185

That's a very small list... And my first MMO isn't on it.

Mine is The Sims Online.

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

UO...

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

Nexon Kingdom of the Winds when it was still free and Asheron's Call when I got addicted to beta and then subscribed for like a year

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

OP should be more specific and probably remove the poll. Do you mean all MMOs generally or MMORPGs? Since every game on the poll list is an MMORPG I would think that.

Oh well that's what happens on this site people post what's on their mind instead of waiting to post something really high quality. Good post otherwise... Wonder if there is another post around here that should be necro'd for this topic. Plus I always hate it when people are rule-obsessed about threads too but just saying, it might not hurt to mention them (Also I apologize in advance).

On to the topic: Dark Age of Camelot. Before that I was really into Subspace and Infantry which were lobby based MMOs.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Sanity888

That's a very small list... And my first MMO isn't on it.

/agree

Mine is Lineage II and still playing it ;-)

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

UO. How can you not have that on your list?

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Was 'your' really that hard of a word to write out?

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Too short of a list.  Post not encouraging to vote as well.

First one was UO. Where it is on the list?

Where is FFXI, AO or L2?

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Asheron's Call for me. Nothing will ever beat that experience, probably. Your first is usually the best you'll ever play, cos it was all so new and exciting.. and most people seem more sociable in their first as well.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

ur first mmo

...predates the creation of the "mmo" description.  A lot of us are in that boat.

Remember when EQ was just a "graphical MUD"?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

Way too short of a list  -- mine was SWG (Pre-CU/NGE)

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

I'm from Southeast Asia. Western MMOs pre-WOW come here very late, or never.

Ragnarok Online was my first MMORPG experience, back in 2003 when I was in college.

• hyllstarterhyllstarter Member UncommonPosts: 203

Mine was day 1 of Swg till the ended 8 years later. i did take some breaks from time to time.

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Man no UO on the list.. OP must be a youngling ;)  50% or of todays mmo players are 30+ (tho granted alot are farmville housewifes...hell even my dad 71 plays it haha)

anyway on tropic Muds,  -UO-, dabble in EQ, then some good long years in swg, nothing special afther that ..few months here a year there and a few more across the street.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by hyllstarter

Mine was day 1 of Swg till the ended 8 years later. i did take some breaks from time to time.

You are the man *high5*

FIrst here was EQ1

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

UO... 

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129
    SWG at launch, June 2003
  • KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

My first was Asheron's Call as well. Played on Thistledown for about 2 years before leaving. AC has some of the best lore you will ever find in a mmo, you could literally waste hours of time pouring over lore books and tomes in game. My only complaint was that they catered to magic using too much (to the point where you had to have at least item magic). There wasn't really a good option to play as a pure melee or pure archer at the time. Ultimately, the lack of "endgame" in AC made me lose interest.

I then bounced between DAoC and AC2 for awhile. I loved the grandiose pvp in DAoC, but ToA and the focus of gear acqusition ruined DAoC for me. I also hated how far too often it was who ever got the first CC off in a battle was the winner.

Asheron's Call 2 was fun for what it was. It was an empty shell of a game with a really fun combat system and some of the most unique classes I have ever played in a mmo.

I tried going back to AC and DAoC recently, and it's like they say, "You can never go home again".

• HolaHolaHolaHola Member Posts: 68

UO was my first mmo...

Playing: League of Legends!

• EliandalEliandal Member Posts: 796

Graphical?  NWN

Non graphical?  IOK/BL/GS3/HYW

BBS?  Tradewars

From the sounds of it - I was gaming before you were even concieved :/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

Originally posted by fenistil

Too short of a list.  Post not encouraging to vote as well.

First one was UO. Where it is on the list?

Where is FFXI, AO or L2?

Lineage 2 here.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

City of Heroes was my 1st MMO. I tend to compare everything to that.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• hazyhazy Member UncommonPosts: 89

UO