Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nadirim: Nadirim: The Indie Beast from the East

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In the latest MMORPG.com review, we take a look at the browser-based game, Nadirim. See why we call it the "indie beast from the East" and then let us know what you think in the comments.

After almost four months in open beta, with changes coming thick and fast, Nadirim was finally launched at the start of November. The free-to-play (F2P) browser-based MMO from Twisted Tribe is continuing to be updated even now and it’s an incredibly important time for the team. This hidden gem with a refreshingly original setting is desperately awaiting valuation. The question is, are you going to treasure it, or wish it had been buried by the sands?

Read more of Luke Karmali's Nadirim: The Indie Beast from the East.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TsaboHavocTsaboHavoc Member UncommonPosts: 435

Very interesting, ill try this game after work. I believe these games give a great feeling of immersion cause lets the job to ur imagination.

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Tried this game out in the beta like.. must have been atleast 6 months ago or something. Felt quite finished back then aswell. It is a good game if you dont get bored easily. I used to play these type of games all the time, but now I'm just bored so couldnt keep at it for more than a few days.

• NicooNicoo Member UncommonPosts: 236

Edit: woops double post.. fm mouse.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

while your at it, review castleville.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nadirim is really a fun little game. I enjoy it immensely. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

looks really interesting. been wanting to try a browser based game for a while. looks like ive fond my candidate

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• MataOCDMataOCD Member Posts: 54

I played this game in closed beta and I loved it but later on, they added a full open world and lowered resolution and I hate that zoomed picture so I just stoped playing... What a disapoitment...

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Played for an hour, got level 5 and ran out of energy. So the energy waiting begins!

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• MaelkorMaelkor Member UncommonPosts: 459

The two things that will likely prevent me from even trying this game are the energy constraints and the quest based system. I understand why Fremium titles do this as they have to have some hook in order to make money, however, for me it is such a huge turnoff and can easily end up costing an individual more money than a typical sub cost. I personally think games like this would be better served with a low cost sub option where energy is unlimited. If the game is otherwise good they would probably end up making a lot more money.

I am also really really tired of quest grinders. Quests grinding in my opinion fragment a games playerbase to the point the game ends up being like a single player game in an MMO universe. I know this appeals to some portion of the MMO population but I am pretty much done with this style of gameplay.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

I love how Reviews "pros and cons" are so damn random around here.

We just make up pros and cons for one game that can just as easily be applied to any other game that we did not apply them to.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232

I agree with Torvaldr.  I can not immerse myself in any game that suffers from the energy constraint system found in nearly all Facebook games.  That is a deal breaker.  I won't be trying this one out.

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Seriously I actually forced myself to play this game for a couple hours before quickly removing from my system.

If this is not one of the worst MMO's I have ever played it is close.  Saying anything good about it immediately makes you wonder if there was not some remuneration involved to get you to say that.

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Why is the energy constraint not in the cons, surely that is the biggest drawback to this game.

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

The lack of players has to be more annoying then the energy system. I am level 7 with full energy and no quests to do but group quests. So it is either grind till 8 and do more solo quests or find people. Both arent much fun and I lost interest already. Was fun while it lasted i guess..

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

If you guys join my farmville and send me pink cows and then login to my facebook "Mafia wars" family and click on my upgrades and if 15 ppl join my army in Empires&Allies, then I will have the time available to play this game and send 10000 invites to all my friends all day everyday till they click on my links so I get more energy...

Just another Facebook game, Don't even know why it got a review here...

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186

Calling this just another facebook game is ignorant, alot of love and time has gone into the making of this Browser game, and as such it's made to be played now and then.This is the problem with lumping regular mmo's and browserg's into the same category...This is a very neat Browser game, made for ppl who love Homm and similar TBS games.Highly recommended.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I couldn't play beyond the first click.  8-bit style graphics is fine.  Turn based is fine.  Low budget is fine...

However, complete lack of animations really killed this for me.  SOOO many other free games that offer so much more.  From what people are saying this seems almost like a time management game with limited "energy" to do things?  Unless you buy more?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by shantideva

Calling this just another facebook game is ignorant, alot of love and time has gone into the making of this Browser game, and as such it's made to be played now and then.This is the problem with lumping regular mmo's and browserg's into the same category...This is a very neat Browser game, made for ppl who love Homm and similar TBS games.Highly recommended.

You need to get out more and try some other games because there are so many free games that are far far better.

• phamtrinliphamtrinli Member Posts: 1

this is just a crappy ripoff / reskin of HoMM

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Going to give this game a try

• haplo602haplo602 Member UncommonPosts: 253

I have an account but never got to play. Does not load in latest Opera or IE7. pity.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Originally posted by Robokapp

"and no group function "

uh...sooo.../scratches head. How do we MMO it up then?

*heads to popular in-game hang out spot*

"Hey, want to go hit Deceit?"

"Sure! Lemme grab some silver weaps from the bank"

"Cool. I'll see if anyone else from the guild is up for it. I'll gate us there."

...or at least, that's how people used to do it.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Vovan80Vovan80 Member UncommonPosts: 2

at start was great but later only nerf nerf nerf  char skills each update.trying to get more  mall sales i think. also nothing to do at 25 lvl.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

I started this game, saw that my character was just gliding around and thought: "Wow that's a nasty bug."

Then I learned this game actually does not have any animations and went: "Holy crap are they serious"

Needless to say, my Nadirim career didn't last long.

• JooknowJooknow Member Posts: 18

I like the idea of this game, but after playing I wasn't incredibly impressed. 

While I admit only playing for a couple of hours, the game felt a bit stale.  The music was nice, but the quests were typical.  I didn't feel like the combat really required any strategy (and I wish that it did feel that way).  The energy system is terrible and licks of Vindictus' token system except you get hit with a lack of energy much earlier; I ran out of it at level 5 and simply decided to go play something else and never come back.

Also, 7.6 overall is generous, and 7.5 for innovation is ridiculous.  I will say that the game should have received a higher social rating though.  In the few hours that I played, chat was very active, friendly, and helpful.