Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whered everyone go?

JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

Like really? Every single raiding guild on my server is in Trade Chat recruiting, including mine. I just transferred to this server, Mannoroth, not long ago off of a different dead server because of the population. Now this one is dwindling and there are no recruits here either.

Seems like the typical final expansion patch lull kicked in a lot earlier this time, possibly because of LFR, SWTOR, or the fact that Dragon Soul just wasn't entertaining.

Starting to re-think the value of my annual pass. Anyone else? Normally I hate WoW doom and gloom, but its getting gloomy on my server, and it seems like I'm not the only one.

Comments

• EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648

Originally posted by Jimmydean

Like really? Every single raiding guild on my server is in Trade Chat recruiting, including mine. I just transferred to this server, Mannoroth, not long ago off of a different dead server because of the population. Now this one is dwindling and there are no recruits here either.

Seems like the typical final expansion patch lull kicked in a lot earlier this time, possibly because of LFR, SWTOR, or the fact that Dragon Soul just wasn't entertaining.

Starting to re-think the value of my annual pass. Anyone else? Normally I hate WoW doom and gloom, but its getting gloomy on my server, and it seems like I'm not the only one.

I am also on Mannoroth regretting my yearly pass. Hopefully Diablo 3 is really good.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290

[Mod Edit]

I actually do play swtor on the side, well mainly now I guess.

• AkechtaAkechta Member Posts: 219

It's a new year, there's so many new and exciting, promising games coming out, GW2 and ToR are the main spotlights, so I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the amount of people playing WoW drastically decreased in the next several months.

Besides, aren't WoW subs decreasing by the hundred thousands every year now? I'm sure I read that somewhere...

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

I havent really had this problem on the realms i have toons on, in fact we had a full 25 man group of runs in a guild i have toons in on Borean Tundra. Ive seen guilds recruiting constantly which is nothing new at least on any server ive played so far. Ive also logged into my horde toons on whisperwind while the guild im in there was running raids(not high enough to join in on those toons).

Perhaps you can create dummy toons on a few different servers and scout out what one may be best for you and your fellow guildies? Thats what i did when i left my orginal realms a very long time ago to start fresh. im fairly happy with the realms i currently play on.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,455

[Mod Edit]

Very constructive.  Thank you for your contribution to this thread.image

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    I'm kinda curious how many people have actually opted for the year long pass. I think that one was a brilliant strategic move from the Blizzard guys. It'll help cushion subscriber fluctuations in their reports, no matter what will happen this year.
  • Honeymoon69Honeymoon69 Member Posts: 647

doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the WoW sub are all in china thats why the expac is about Panda.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

[Mod Edit]

lol swtor.....

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by smh_alot

I'm kinda curious how many people have actually opted for the year long pass. I think that one was a brilliant strategic move from the Blizzard guys. It'll help cushion subscriber fluctuations in their reports, no matter what will happen this year.

I know several people that went for the annual pass, my acct also has that pass. im definitely enjoying the mount as well as looking forward to diablo three when it gets released. So far i havent regretted the pass, and i enjoy time within the guilds im in so i think its was worth it for me and those of my friends who also got it.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

From what I've seen there's about a dozen packed servers and maybe two dozen or so that are high population most of the time.

Also on some the horde / alliance balance is way off.  On my server the horde AH scan takes 8 minutes, 25+ on alliance.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

There has been a drop in the more hardcore population but recruiting is getting harder everywhere, not so much due to a lack of people but there was a massive recruitment drive by all guilds when this expansion came out and most people have grown along with those guilds and have the rewards and everything that goes with it.

Even more so with Raiding guilds as we are a casual guild with members who have chars in raiding guilds and they do have major issues pulling members from other guilds which tends to be the only way to do it these days.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    Ya I think raid finder really hurt a lot of peoples willingness to raid normal and heroic content. Not to mention blizzard still has wayyy too many servers active for WoWs dwindling population, but I digress.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

WoW server status (For US and EU only) as of 20:00GMT (21:00 eu sever time) - towards the end of the EU peek time and no where near US peek time.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/status & http://us.battle.net/wow/en/status

Pop

US

%

Europe

%

High

10.2%

17.9%

Low

18.2%

24.0%

Medium

71.6%

58.2%

Total

In short WoW is doing just fine, majority of servers are medium to high with less that 25% EU on low and less that 20% US on low (out of peek time).

Out of the 488 servers 104 (21%) are low, 314 (64%) are medium and 70 (16%) are High Spin this number any way you guys like but for a game that is 7 years old thats not bad, and clearly shows WoW is just fine (in west atleast).

*EDIT - who wants more stats? ok here you go*

Breakdown of servers population based on server type @ 21:00 EU time

Europe

Pop

PvP

%

PvE

%

High

72.3%

27.7%

Med

29.9%

70.1%

Low

100.0%

0.0%

US

Pop

PvP

%

PvE

%

High

56.5%

43.5%

Med

29.8%

70.2%

Low

97.6%

2.4%

• Mythios11Mythios11 Member Posts: 129
    I just came back to WoW after trying SWTOR and my server (Stormreaver PvP) has a high population whenever I log in. After talking with some people in my guild, it appears that a lot of players are coming back every day.

In my opinion, WoW simply offers the most bang for my $15 a month.
  • StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

Originally posted by Honeymoon69

doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out the WoW sub are all in china thats why the expac is about Panda.

lol pandas

• RazeronRazeron Member Posts: 180

Pretty much this.

They've all but admitted defeat in the NA/EU markets

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

These comments still make as little sense as they did the first day the expansion was announced.  It is the West that views pandas as "exotic" animals because they're...well...foreign.  Like lions, tigers, and elephants.  In regions where those animals are native, however, the people there just see them as normal everyday animals.  All of China doesn't have a panda fetish.  All of Africa doesn't have a lion fetish.  

This statement is akin to saying if you wish to market a game to Americans, base it upon grizzly bears, black bears, raccoons or white tailed deer.  

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Does WoW offer free server transfer? Or are we forced to pay to actually get on a decently populated server.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Golelorn

Does WoW offer free server transfer? Or are we forced to pay to actually get on a decently populated server.

25$ per character I think.

That's one of biggest reasons you won't see server mergers anytime soon.

Blizzard is making truckloads of money for server transfers. I just know personally enough people that transferred that earned Blizzard thousands of dollars for basically nothing.

I think blizzard is earning millions of dollars on server / faction change fees every month.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Homitu

These comments still make as little sense as they did the first day the expansion was announced.  It is the West that views pandas as "exotic" animals because they're...well...foreign.  Like lions, tigers, and elephants.  In regions where those animals are native, however, the people there just see them as normal everyday animals.  All of China doesn't have a panda fetish.  All of Africa doesn't have a lion fetish.  

This statement is akin to saying if you wish to market a game to Americans, base it upon grizzly bears, black bears, raccoons or white tailed deer.  

Incorrect and at the same time correct. 

Places like China actually revere Panda's. Think of it as almost like the cow is treated in India. 

This is also why it will not have much appeal to people in those areas. Many Chinese view violence against panda's to be taboo, even designing clothing after them has caused protests in the past. Something as harmless as the movie Kung Fu Panda recieved a little critisism and mild amount of protesting. 

You are correct that this will not recieve the reception Blizzard is hoping for in the east, but you are wrong on why. 

In any case.... yes, Blizzard is directing this expac towards the east. Thats where they have lost the bulk of their subs from and the sub loss being mainly from the East is something Blizzard stated. The sub count over here has never been as high as over there. 

Blizzard is losing touch with it's player base. An example would be the Real ID incedent and the current Online Only RMT Diablo 3. Look at what they had to do to insure it's release in Korea lol. 

• Zeal77Zeal77 Member Posts: 158

It's an old game bro. People want new stuff. Not even the kung fu panda can save wow.