Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: The Future of the Old Republic

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

On a good note though it's good to see they are putting out new content.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Hey MMORPG.com

Why don't you guys write an Article about a different Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

This is not "getting absurd", its one hundred percent achieved absurdity levels.

Write, about, a, different, game.

Yeah, those commisioned articles are getting a bit  tiresome. They should spread them out more... it would be less obvous. But maybe they have a set contract and they want to get over it asap before the tide turns?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Is just amazin how the haters keep trying to make swtor looks bad and a huge fail but they keep  failing miserably, at this point is just embarrassing.  But for some reason they are just a vocal minority, The population in swtor is not even droping, and looks like is growing everyday, some people quit, yes, but then for each one of them you have 3 new players.  Bw is doing a great job, 2 content updates in 3 months, and bug fixes every single week. but still from a hater point of view that is just a sign about how huge is the fail in swtor, just give up guys, swtor is an huge success and it will be even bigger in the incoming months, learn to live with it.

• LeoLLeoL Member Posts: 4

My guild from WoW came over - 14,500 all playing with the CE addition and we have all quit....

My brother also came over from EQ2 with his guild, all 6776 of them and they have all quit.

My Grandmother came from Aion with her guild, 2879 of them and they have all quit too. They were so annoyed to have wasted their pensions on the game.....

We were all caught up in the hype... such a shame and we should have listened to everyone. I guess this game will be shutdown by Easter if not sooner.. sigh such a shame. By reading this there will only be a handful of subscriptions in the next few months...

I think all companies should just stop making MMO's, clearly WoW is the only one that people should play and all the fanboys are always on hear spreading so much doom and gloom about any game that dares compete with it.

What can I say : )

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

What can I say : )

you lied :P

• tzattzat Member Posts: 26

I recently cancelled as I am one to avoid pet classes in most mmo's, And swtor gives you no choice in the matter, you have to have one, every single class does., you will die without one, game was made from ground up with excpectation your using your pet. exuse me your companion

• LeoLLeoL Member Posts: 4

lo, of course I did!!!! some of the statements on this thread are laughable!!!

The game is great and if you don't like it, then go and play something else... Why spend time on here bithing and moaning about it.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

The game is a natural for great 24/7 persistent warfare(a la DAOC)...despite the fact there are only 2 player factions.This would be a great end game feature.If it doesn't appear soon...I will leave for DOMINUS.....ARCHEAGE....SECRET WORLD...GUILD WARS 2....all of whome have said the feature will be  a signifigant one.

Right now...I don't have any real motivation to get to 50.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

Originally posted by Shadanwolf

The game is a natural for great 24/7 persistent warfare(a la DAOC)...despite the fact there are only 2 player factions.This would be a great end game feature.If it doesn't appear soon...I will leave for DOMINUS.....ARCHEAGE....SECRET WORLD...GUILD WARS 2....all of whome have said the feature will be  a signifigant one.

Right now...I don't have any real motivation to get to 50.

The fix to Ilum is coming next week, and we will find an improved opvp too, long terms objetives for illum, loot for opvp etc, with a few months of update swtor could be great, people need to learn to be patient and enjoy a game, rush to the max level in swtor at this point is just useless. 

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Originally posted by LeoL

Why spend time on here bithing and moaning about it.

So why are you here? To moan at the moaners and troll?

Post on your main.

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

whole lot of nothing

Agreed, a lot of PR fluff. Promise, promise promise. I want to see fixes to mechanics, UI, graphics. I don't want to see more expansion untl what they have they've improved on. This isn't an mmorpg, it is a stand alone rpg that they've slopply tacked on mmo elements. 

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Hey MMORPG.com

Why don't you guys write an Article about a different Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

This is not "getting absurd", its one hundred percent achieved absurdity levels.

Write, about, a, different, game.

QFE. i think there are plenty of other games to discuss.

Originally posted by eric_w66

Good to hear new content coming. I'm not cancelling, nor are the 2 coworkers who play, and my 5 friends who play. All of us are enjoying the heck out of SWTOR. I don't feel like a sucker because I bought the CE. In fact, even the "Extended" circle of people I know in game (new guildmates, friends of my friends, etc), no one is cancelling...

I'll counter that I also bought the 150.00 collector's edition and two of the 80.00 for the wife and one of the sons. I feel that I and they were sold a stand alone rpg that tacked on some elements of what makes an mmorpg. I see a bunch of PR from Bioware and promises. I a lot of bugs, I see many standards to mmorpgs missing from this game, I see a lot of bugs, I see lack of immersion due to many aspects of the games design. Basically I see a lot missing from this game, which is sad since the  game had promise. 

The game has moved over to my "I'll check back in six months to see how it has evolved" list. This is a list of mmorpgs that while certain parts of them I liked, over all the game is a failure. But because I just don't want to give up on them I'll keep checking in by resubbing every six months or so to see how they've improved or not. This is "not" a mmorpg by any means, it is half baked and needs a lot of work. 

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424

Originally posted by Bunks

Originally posted by eric_w66

Good to hear new content coming. I'm not cancelling, nor are the 2 coworkers who play, and my 5 friends who play. All of us are enjoying the heck out of SWTOR. I don't feel like a sucker because I bought the CE. In fact, even the "Extended" circle of people I know in game (new guildmates, friends of my friends, etc), no one is cancelling...

thats great, but its easy to counter that by saying, that almost the entire SWTOR group on my ventrillo server cancelled last night. 15 out of 19. 2 weren't online and the other 2 had 3 month subs.

Which can easilly be countered by my guild of 50 people who plan on continuing their sub. This argument proves nothing, and only demonstrates that some people like it and others don't. The games succes won't be really measurable untill at least six months from now.

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

Originally posted by Souldrainer

Rise of the Rakghouls?  That sounds awesome!  I can't wait

Personally I went "ugh" at that one. I was tired of Rakghouls half way through Taris and seeing more of them isn't going to do much for my frame of mind. It is more zombie like then Star wars like. 

Originally posted by Zhauric

It's kind of amusing seeing how many continue to come to this thread, read the article (or not) and to do so just to post 'Already left the game'. Well, then why do you care about the article and bother coming to post to it? Are folks supposed to say 'Oh wow, Bob left SWToR. I better leave too!'

If the game wasn't for you that is understandable. There is no perfect game and not every game suit everyone's taste. But these posts are silly and even a waste of time on your own part. Just very silly to me.

Since I decided not to play the game, a silly part of me still wanted to play the "what could have been" version of it since I was a big fan up till the day they announced the Trinity combat style.

So yeah, it's like watching a train wreck in one way, but another side say maybe today will be the day they make the big announcment that "hey guys, we know we blew it, were going to revamp this thing from scratch in the next patch". Or something even closer to the original intent of the games design(pre EA).

Agreed Bunks. I find myself bemused by posters like Zharuic who apparently miss the point that we cared and were excited about this IP and seeing brought to life as a mmorpg. Bioware sold us one thing but the reality was entirely different. The PR and bull that they keep pushing on us is further alienating me at least.

I really am starting to think that even six months from now that they won't have followed through with the promises they've sold us nor on fixing the issues and the standards that are missing.

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

They said the biggest issue is "Guild functionality", really? What about the animation/reaction disparities between supposedly 'similar' classes? Inquisitor has 2 abilities that hit instantly and the Consular counterpart abilities you have to wait for the animation to finish for the ability to hit. And what about Force Sweep? Same thing. Empire has a huge advantage because of that. SWTOR is the best MMO I've ever played even with that problem, but still--it needs to be addressed.

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

"James also said that fixing the short term bugs very quickly is rewarding for the team. Overall, he wants the “fans to trust us” in delivering the best experience."

You know when someone just gets caught telling their customers one of the biggest lies a day after trying to place the blame on people's computers, this quote just stands out like a big in your face comment. I don't hate or love this game, but EA and bioware are making it hard to not form an opinion quickly.

You people sound like you're searching for the next president of United States in Bioware's head. Grow up kids, put your looking glass away from your screen, and start PLAYING.

And if after playing you're still stuck in your brain with how non HD the textures are, just quit the game, because it means you're so uninterested in gameplay and story that HD textures implementation won't change anything for you.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Too bad the game does not look like that and may never will for customers. It would be nice to see screens of what we can actually see in game... or coupled with a notification of when we will see the ability to display the game like this...

Enough marketing imo.

Originally posted by Onimor

The more people complain about a game, the more succesfull it tends to be. As a developer having lots of people hating your product is a good sign. Warcraft is proof of this. For every one person hateing something you can bet your bottom dollar there is ten people with a good attitude and loving it. :)

It's when no one talks, that's when you worry.

On a side note I have been a fan of this site for some time. Some of you guys however need to just change your attitude, start loving the things that are being made. SWTOR is an astounding immersive game and your lucky to have such a great company like bioware are attached to it. 

The only person hate really affects is yourself.  

Really? I don't think you understand what immersive means. Or I beg to disagree with you on your definition of it. To me having all characters regardless of race, culture, faction share the same surname "is" immersive breaking. Having the one fleet space station being the only one no matter what area of galatic space you are in, "is" immersive breaking.

Having planets with no day/night rotation, no weather, no animal life roaming around that aren't mobs you attack, "is" immersion breaking. The laundry list of 'immersive breaking" stuff that this company has done is large. All of the previous are easy fixes if you ask me, even if you didn't ask me.  Really bad graphics rendering "is" distracting and immersive breaking, not being able to work on crafting skills yourself "is" immersion breaking. How space combat and ships are handled, "is" immersion breaking.

You basically want us to love something that that is a stand alone rpg with "some" elements of a multi player immersive online gaming world. A half baked, buggy product to be sure. The really bad customer service and communication also is a big factor as well that can't be ignored. I'd say that most of us do not harbor feelings of hate, personally I've seldom hated anyone or anything in my life. It is a self destructive emotion to carry in yourself, as I've frequently mentioned to my own children over the years. I think you confuse having a passion for a hobby or IP with hate. If none of us cared we'd not post and we'd simply move along. To say though that we don't feel frustrated, betrayed or sold a false bag of goods would be a life.

I am very happy for you that you are having a wonderful time, but sorry I am not going to love something that I feel was badly produced and sold to me. Sadly many players like you can not accept rational, critical debates about this particular product. In over thirty years of gaming (Rpgs, tactical and strategy) and twenty years online gaming, this game has brought out the worst in blind fan hysteria against any rational discussion. I've never seen it so bad before. Sadly what I fear this forebodes is that the game will fail and fail big time. Subscriptions will bleed off and the game will start doing the "combine" server dance. I really hope this doesn't happen but the more I see from Bioware and the really rabid fan base tells me that this very well might happen. Ah well, at least we almost had a great science fiction multiplayer online rpg.

Originally posted by meccariello

i play it, i like it. i dont care if YOU cancelled. maybe you are too young to appreciate the game. its not for 12 year olds. its a little more sophisticated than just kill and move to next mission. 

funny how few actually have explored all the stuff to do and just power level to 50 and have no clue what else is out there. 

i am no fan boy. i was hugely skeptical of this game after being burned by star wars galaxies. i am surprised and happy to pay my $15 a month

Ouch, really? Sorry, this game is so "lead you by the nose" that a five year old could play it easily. Sophisticated this game is not. Was it fun? Yeah its fun, but read my other posts. I'm getting tired of repeating myself. I just couldn't resist ogling and commenting on your sophisticated remark. Specially when the game actually "is" Just kill and move to the next mission" that Bioware is leading by the nose on. 

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by k-damage

"James also said that fixing the short term bugs very quickly is rewarding for the team. Overall, he wants the “fans to trust us” in delivering the best experience."

You know when someone just gets caught telling their customers one of the biggest lies a day after trying to place the blame on people's computers, this quote just stands out like a big in your face comment. I don't hate or love this game, but EA and bioware are making it hard to not form an opinion quickly.

And if after playing you're still stuck in your brain with how non HD the textures are, just quit the game, because it means you're so uninterested in gameplay and story that HD textures implementation won't change anything for you.

[Mod Edit]

This is not about the game, nor gameplay, this is about unethical practices. If you don't have the ability to uphold someone for bad behavior, that's fine. But you then also forfiet any right to name call or dismiss those who do.

[Mod Edit]

This is not about the game, nor gameplay, this is about unethical practices. If you don't have the ability to uphold someone for bad behavior, that's fine. But you then also forfiet any right to name call or dismiss those who do.

Thank you Bunks for pointing out the what should be obvious to everyone. Sadly we aren't really dealing with players acting rational in regards to this IP. :( Anyhow once again thanks for being one of the good posters, maybe it is an age thing since like you I'm another of the half century club players. (well 2 years away in my case...but close enough as my knees keep reminding me)

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Let's not draw conclusions about anyone's age, maturity, character, etc. Feel free to disagree and argue points, but let's stick to the subject matter please. Thanks!

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

You people sound like you're searching for the next president of United States in Bioware's head. Grow up kids, put your looking glass away from your screen, and start PLAYING.

[Mod Edit]

Anyway my post was not particularly against you, but more against all those forum posters in swtor.com (and here I found) who can't stop bashing Bioware saying the game is a fail for details. Yes, 1024x1024 textures over 512x512 when not in close up is a detail. Yes, slightly nerfing slicing is a detail. Yes, not having a LFD is a detail.

Just like it's a detail not to have hit combos like in fighting games, just like it's a detail not to have speeder races, ... or it's a detail not to be able to sail with a boat.

The problem is that majority of whiners I see on different forums about swtor are taking one of these details as an argument to rage quit and predicate the game's failure.

My say : Enough is enough. Those people don't seem to have the intelligence to realize that you can't have everything you wanted for christmas at launch. The only reason why these people are so violently reacting is because of their self-entitlement. That good old, typical, self entitlement.

Honestly I would be an investor, I would say fuck off, I'm getting away from videogames, those kids are impossible to satisfy.

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****