Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DUST 514: Closed Beta Sign Ups Begin

13»

Comments

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Originally posted by BabyChooChoo

Originally posted by Vorthanion

Since when are PC gamers most interested in PS3 platform games?  I agree with Gdemami.  I think they should have opened it up to Silver and Gold PS3 members.

Since some PC gamers have owned PS3s...that's when -_-

What's with this implied notion that there is no crossover between gaming PC owners and console owners? It's incredibly more common than one might think.

Also, this is just the first round of the beta for a game that doesn't release until next summer. There is plenty of time for a PS3 beta..

And lastly, there is no Silver and Gold PS3 members. There are only free and Plus members. Both can play online for free, but plus members get a bunch of free stuff like games, themes, and avatars. They also get discounts and a few other perks. Lastly, they usually also get first access to betas so assuming CCP decides to follow in the footsteps of other devs, Plus members will get in first for a while then the rest will be let in.

Oh yeah, I have an Eve account and I own a PS3 and I could not possibly be more excited for this game. Easily in my top 3 most anticipated games of next year.

Agreed, how could anyone consider themselves a "True Gamer" without having dabbled in everything. That's how you figure out which genre you enjoy, no? After all if Im not mistaken Video Games started on a Console/System.  Even though they were developed on a PC. Which came first, the Chicken or the Egg?

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342

Originally posted by Gdemami

So the registration to Playstation exclusive game Beta is getting opened exclusively to PC exclusive game players? 

Oh, CCP...

We subscribers pay per month to play Eve Online. Why should they open it up to PS3 owners first ? It is the community in Eve that makes Eve Online one of the best and balanced MMO's for PvP and PvE content because CCP listen to its community feedback.

If you want Dust 514 to be a great PvP land based game you got to put your faith into the players that have made Eve Online the best pvp experience in any MMO to date.

I own a PC and a PS3, I just choose to play more games on the PC because its a better machine.

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507

I think you are misunderstanding what CCP would ideally like from Dust514...we are talking of their hope to taste CoD bucks. To get CoD bucks you need to tap into the console gamer mindset, they aren't point-and-click spreadsheet gamers. No, the CoD gamer uses a gamepad and has quite picky tastes. Hence, CCP play it cynical to EvE players again, they put the PS3 beta test applicants who list hardcore CoD play in their profile as an interest (sport) into the the early beta. It is a Screw U too the EvE player, but CCp like to do that as they want CoD bucks more than EvE bucks for Dust514. 

• eric2020eric2020 Member UncommonPosts: 11

they miss handled eve online and they'll probably mess up dust too

quite frankly this game company disgusts me. the only way i'd play a game from there company would be if they got their act together and quit cutting the funding for world of darkness.

not taking that game seriously was a major mistake, just wish white wolf never gave the rites to that gaming company and kept them. they should have went in with a better one.

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

Hmm, play a game that's held back due to the pieces of shit that consoles are....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We already know what games looks like (graphically) when they're 'made-for-consoles' *cough*Skyrim*cough*; seriously 512x512 textures? lololol

BTW: Skyrim HD and other mods make Skyrim what it should be.

Dust 514 will be just as graphically poor. Don't believe? Show me an UP CLOSE (melee range) shot of the textures; sure they look great from afar, but up close (melee range) they look like absolute shit.

Consoles killed gaming. PERIOD.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• ArawulfArawulf Guest WriterMember UncommonPosts: 597

Originally posted by Gdemami

So the registration to Playstation exclusive game Beta is getting opened exclusively to PC exclusive game players? 

Oh, CCP...

I was kind of thinking the same thing.  They had clearly said in the past that DUST wasn't targeting the PC gamer ... so they limit the beta to PC gamers?  I think they have some more 'splainin to do!

• Beelo1979Beelo1979 Member Posts: 1

I've been playing EVE for the last 7 years, I also play all my MMO's on PC.  I own a PS3 and I use that primarily for FPS, my Xbox360 I use primarily to collect dust from my livingroom.  I think it's ignorant to say that there aren't tons of cross platform players around the globe.  I can't tell you how excited I am to have firsts on playing Dust.  I love EVE like no other game, the complexity is astounding in the realm of MMO's.  CCP doesn't go out of their way to dumb down the game for people that just don't have the brain capacity to thrive in EVE.  They leave that up to Blizzard who graciously caters to those players.  Yes I used to play WoW too and stopped when it got easy, repeatative and ghay.

Personally I think that CCP giving loyal EVE players firsts at Dust is a genious move since it is something us old timers have been wishing for since we started playing a half decade ago.

Thank you CCP

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Illyssia

I think you are misunderstanding what CCP would ideally like from Dust514...we are talking of their hope to taste CoD bucks. To get CoD bucks you need to tap into the console gamer mindset, they aren't point-and-click spreadsheet gamers. No, the CoD gamer uses a gamepad and has quite picky tastes. Hence, CCP play it cynical to EvE players again, they put the PS3 beta test applicants who list hardcore CoD play in their profile as an interest (sport) into the the early beta. It is a Screw U too the EvE player, but CCp like to do that as they want CoD bucks more than EvE bucks for Dust514. 

Huh?  I know a lot of you don't have English as you main language so I try to keep criticism of grammatical things to a minimum.  So I think you missed this line in the OP's post:

"registration is available exclusively to active subscribers of EVE Online"

So I just don't understand how you can think the beta invites has anything negative to do with Eve players.

Secondly I have a console and I usually play with keyboard/mouse attached, as I find it provides far better control than the normal controller for most games.  There are a few where the controller is better, but they usually are not a game I would normally play anyways.  Most of my gamer friends also have mouse/keyboards on their consoles too.

• killkoolkillkool Member UncommonPosts: 83

So for dust 514 no reason it would be good game, i have too buy a PS3 game console first, i do not thinks so. It is different way of approach and never liked the gamepad any way. Mostly i play with the mouse and sometimes with the keyboard with it. And as active subscriber of EVE. I wait till game comes out, maybe are there also 7 beta test needed for this comes out. So 2 years beta testing just like in EVE.

• kroonkingkroonking Member Posts: 3

So early beta is eve players only at the moment, this game isn't set to launch anything soon.  Like 6 months atleast. Beta testing for ps3 players will surely come.

CCP test stuff properly before making it availble for the masses.  Eve is already a game with a great community as long as dust makes it better and not worse eve players will welcome dust. CCP needs the support of the eve community else it won't release at all.