Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Rules......

Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I have no clue if this game will be good, but when it comes to comic characters, Marvel trumps DC IMO.

Even better, their number one character shares the nickname of the University of Michigan, along with the school colors. That in itselfs says that Marvel is awesome!!!! :)

Had Wolverine been known as Poisonous Nut, and wore Scarlet n Gray, you can bet Marvel would of folded years ago. Wise man once sayeth 'Never spend cash for things that can be gotten with free tatoos".

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Comments

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

No character customization, power set selection. Oh  yeah man this game is GONNA ROCK!

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

I doubt this game will be any good, atleast for us who want a "real" MMO. No char creation or stuff like that, it seems like it will be more like a Co-op game and heavily instanced and just do missions with a group, cause i doubt you will see 20 Spider Man's in the same zone etc.

It might be fun for what it is. doing missions with your friends as "The Avengers" Or X-Men etc, and maybe some PvP arenas.

But i would have liked it more if it was like DCUO, big open world and you create your own characters.

On topic: I agree Marvel has the best Super Heroes, thats why its a shame they dont make it a real MMO, it could of been great! I would love to make my own Hero in the Marvel Universe and do missions for The Avengers etc.

DC has some great heroes aswell though, i dont really prefer one over the other.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

Disney own Marvel ... that is all ... move along

• ProsonProson Member UncommonPosts: 544

Originally posted by demented669

Yea that kinda sucks, but movies that has come out over the last years are great imo (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Thor etc) And the Avengers Movie is gonna be awesome! I might be alone on this, i have never read any of the comics or anything. Just in the past years i have really become a fan of the Super Hero stuff.

Currently Playing Path of Exile

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25

And has nothing to do with anything.

Game looks like it will be the next marvel ultimate alliance. Slap it on a cd(and bluray)and make money 3 ways.
  • demented669demented669 Member Posts: 402

Originally posted by BassmanJ

And has nothing to do with anything. Game looks like it will be the next marvel ultimate alliance. Slap it on a cd(and bluray)and make money 3 ways.

Yeah that is why they got the Muppets whoring out for adds on TV

Jim would be turning in is grave !!

• BassmanJBassmanJ Member Posts: 25

Originally posted by BassmanJ

And has nothing to do with anything. Game looks like it will be the next marvel ultimate alliance. Slap it on a cd(and bluray)and make money 3 ways.

Yeah that is why they got the Muppets whoring out for adds on TV

Jim would be turning in is grave !!

Turning on a pile of cash anyway.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

i want to play this game already...

it is too bad the game development is going the wrong way as an mmo.... This game should be the best super heroe vs villain mmo ever, just because its marvel. But no, all good IPs have to end up with crap mmos.... i still want to play it only because marvel heroes have always been my favourite ones. DC can drown in pee for all i care.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Originally posted by rojo6934

i want to play this game already...

it is too bad the game development is going the wrong way as an mmo.... This game should be the best super heroe vs villain mmo ever, just because its marvel. But no, all good IPs have to end up with crap mmos.... i still want to play it only because marvel heroes have always been my favourite ones. DC can drown in pee for all i care.

Hah I hear ya, although I was partial to Alan Moore's Swamp Thing in the mid 80s, and kind of liked Vigilante when it first launched. The New Tenn Titans were also cool, and I really enjoyed how they jumped 1 yr into the future when DC split the direct/general store titles around mid 80s.

Took some planning for Wolfman to pull it off, although he used to work for Marvel, so I guess that explains it. :P

I sometimes miss collecting comics(sold my collection off for party money when I got out of HS in 86). Then I remember how badly Marvel has messed their continuity up, and am glad I got out before things hit rock bottom.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.