Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DC Universe Online: Ask the Devs YOUR Questions

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The folks over at Sony Online Entertainment have agreed to take on ten of your best questions concerning DC Universe Online. We'll be accepting questions through tomorrow, Thursday, January 12th and will be compiling our list of the ten best to send off to the DCUO team.

Just reply to this post with the question you'd like to ask the dev team about DC Universe Online. We'll get the answers back from the developers as soon as possible. Ask away, keep it civil and stay on the DCUO topic please, folks!  We'll close the thread once we have what we need.

What are you waiting for? Get crackin'!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

1. In the early days, it was often talked about the current cities being bottled and it was eluded to that we would eventually help unbottle them. Are there still plans to unbottle Gotham and Metropolis to make the game world bigger?

2. Farming collections and breifings for one character's gear-look is fine and fun. For a second character: not so much. Any chance we will see account-wide style unlocking specifically from the collections/briefings?

I'm sure I'll come up with more as I ponder this throughout the day.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DarkClash2DarkClash2 Member UncommonPosts: 7

I am an avid fan of DCUO and love the PVP this game offer,  I recently came back and saw that you introduced a rating system for raid base on your equipment, is there any chance to have a rating system for PVP as well to help balance and make it more enjoyable for new players?

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

How the hell is $OE still in business, and what blackmail does Smedley have to keep his job?

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

How soon can expect to see some other modes of travel? Something like different flavors of flight or superspeed is fine, but it feels kinda underwhelming with only three travel powers.

3. Can we get multiple (even just 2) gear tabs for quickly switching between styles? I have one style I wear when I'm doing combat (my armor) and another that I use when I'm just hanging out or farming collections/breifings. Changing the style of each piece individually (not to mention recoloring) is extremely time consuming. Clark Kent does not have this issue (and I am a speedster).

4. Can we get a new vault with new styles? Joker's funhouse is kinda stale these days.

5. Will we see player housing? Instanced apartment buildings in Gotham and Metropolis would get people out of the Watchtower and back into the world more.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Have you fixed that horrible console control and UI so that PC gamers can enjoy the game?

Have you made the chat so it isn't so cumbersome for PC gamers? 

Have you fixed the numerous bugs that have been in since launch?

So much for civil.

6. Any plans to do major content expansions above and beyond the current updates and DLC? Boxed expansions, perhaps?

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

Believe me, that WAS civil.  They are honest questions.  I'm sorry if you don't agree with them.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

How are the populations now that free to play has worn off.  Be honest, not none of this showing light/medium/heavy load on the status page.  I see the ps3 side always shows heavy, but the pc side shows low.  So how many folks are really playing,  and can the substantiate the 500% increase, and  how much of that 500% did they keep after the initial new wore off.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Originally posted by misles

Have you fixed that horrible console control and UI so that PC gamers can enjoy the game?

Have you made the chat so it isn't so cumbersome for PC gamers? 

Have you fixed the numerous bugs that have been in since launch?

I can answer that for you right off, and that would be NO on the first two questions, as I played for about 30 minutes a week back.  Now they have squashed some bugs, but a lot still remain.

The ui is the one thing I hated the most and still do, and is probably the main reason the canceled the two games the had in the mix because they were going to use the same ui/engine.

Other than new players, not much has really changed at all from launch, its still the same virtually the same game.

Originally posted by misles

Believe me, that WAS civil.  They are honest questions.  I'm sorry if you don't agree with them.

I do agree with your questions; though, I would have worded them differently.  The civility comment was more aimed further up the thread.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

I'm trying to be civil, here, but I have some legitimate concerns that are shared by fellow players. All of my questions pertain to the PC version of DCUO.

1. The doors leading to the mailrooms of each safe-house can be blocked by a player intentionally standing in the middle of the doorway. Can these doorways be widened (and heightened) to accomodate more people and to prevent griefing by people who intentionally block them?

2. There appears to be quite a bit of hacking going on, on both the PvE and PvP servers. Are there any plans to discipline players who use hacking programs that alter game-play?

3. This question pertains to the following list: Seasonal quests, Daily Challenge Quests, the new crafting system, and bank storage. Could all (or some) of these be accessable from a safe-house instead of going all the way back to one's HQ?

4. Is there a way to match players, in Arena PvP, by Combat Rating and/or level range (prefferably five-level increments)? I'm sorry, but a group of level 10's with CR's of 8-12 don't have a chance against a group with a couple of level 30's with full sets of Tier 2 PvP gear.

5. Could you please remove the currency cap? I'm a premium member, but I'd be willing to pay for an item shop account option to remove the currency cap. I know...this is probably a stupid question on my part, but I also think people who don't sub MIGHT pay for something like this.

Thank you.

• VicDonneganVicDonnegan Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

3. Can we get multiple (even just 2) gear tabs for quickly switching between styles? I have one style I wear when I'm doing combat (my armor) and another that I use when I'm just hanging out or farming collections/breifings. Changing the style of each piece individually (not to mention recoloring) is extremely time consuming. Clark Kent does not have this issue (and I am a speedster).

4. Can we get a new vault with new styles? Joker's funhouse is kinda stale these days.

5. Will we see player housing? Instanced apartment buildings in Gotham and Metropolis would get people out of the Watchtower and back into the world more.

This is a great idea, especially if you mean switching between PvE and PvP gear. Would be even better if we could hotkey it.

Originally posted by VicDonnegan

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

This is a great idea, especially if you mean switching between PvE and PvP gear. Would be even better if we could hotkey it.

Actually, I was only referring to multiple appearance tabs, but what you are asking for would be nice as well.

7. Can we get a sidekicks? Ok, that one is less than serious. Been playing too much TOR.

• ZaqirZaqir Member UncommonPosts: 55

How does it feel to take a huge brand like the DC Universe, spend tons of cash on a great visual presentation and then realize you ended up with a game that has little to no substance and combine that with the fact that the game is basically a single player smash fest that you can occasionally do multilpayer if you choose. There is nothing massive about this game except how one of the largest chances has been ruined by SOE (not uncommon). The game is 30 levels of smashem and then SQUAT, 0 story, 0 persistance, 0 reason to play even after it being free.

Graphically mmos have gotten better, a ton of sizzle but the games have NO substance, they are button mashing, timer recycling click fests for those who want to put 0 skill or thought. Sad :(

8. "More than 1.8 million registered players on PC, and more than 2.3 million registered players on PS3". The first anniversary numbers are impressive. Can you share what percentage of those are premium or above status?

edit: changed the wording of the question

• CyclesMcMipsCyclesMcMips Member Posts: 4

[Q] Can we get many more missions with players from both sides competing?

• Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170

Since Mark Hammil has decided to cease and decist as a voice actor for the Joker, do you have any plans for future content or updates or expansions that in any way include the Joker? If so, how will you decide who to replace Mr. Hammil? If not, do you feel this will in any way postively or negatively impact the quality of any future content?

• rodrigodsrodrigods Member UncommonPosts: 5

1 - The recently launched update 8 introduced a craft system for DC:UO. Many players, mainly premium players, who have bought so far the 2 DLCs available, are now complaining that they cant use this new system in its full extent because of the money limit, which wasnt a problem before this update, since there was nothing that costed more then the 2000 limit. Even with escrow available for purchase, some said that they will stop playing, since they wont keep buying escrow everytime, does sony have any plans to create a workaround for this issue?

ps.: Yes, I am premium, and yes, so far I'm convinced not play this anymore, since its clearly the beggining of the end for premium users.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

When SoE will start developing MMORPGs again? (Last one being SWG in 2001)

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

If you ever speak to Time Warner (owners of the DC brand), do you have a sense for how they feel about DCUO?  Are THEY pleased with the numbers and do they feel the game you developed was of the quality representative of the DC brand?

• quidomquidom Member UncommonPosts: 17

Plans for new power sets and areas? I would like to see an elemental power set (imagine Metamorpho or the Metal Men). And new areas for all players with possibly new mentors. There are tons of characters in the DC universe that have yet to get any face time in the game.

Reagrdless, I am still enjoying the game! Thanks.

My head smells like buzzing

• ZoyitaZoyita Member Posts: 119

Are you guys doing something about the speed hacks, macros? here i have a screenshot:

http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/120841966-4.jpg

Is ruining my fun, BTW good job DC Universe is a game i really like.

• Shawn964Shawn964 Member UncommonPosts: 28

1. Yes can we have multiple gear tabs, that way we can switch between pve and pvp gear as we please.

2. Also can we have the abiltity to SAVE/LOAD costumes we made. So we can have multiple styles and change in and out of them easily.

3. Can you remove the money cap from free/premium users? Its getting annoying and I cant buy the new plans from R&D. Or atleast increase it to something like 50,000. That would be MUCH better.

4. New movements styles such as flying disk or super jumps.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Hey folks, thanks for your questions!  We'll pick the best 10 or so and forward them on to SOE.  Look for the interview returned soon!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

This discussion has been closed.