Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Empires Online: Skirmish Hall Booster Pack Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Age of Empires Online team has released a new 'skirmish hall' booster pack for the MMORTS. The battles are fully customizable and feature massive numbers of units taking it to one another in epic ways. Check out the Skirmish Hall release trailer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64

This game was a disappointment...

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I thought it was an interesting fusion of MMO elements and RTS. The art style was jarring at first given the game's history but it grew on me. It's a pretty fun little game and the skirmish hall looks interesting.

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629

If this was in when me and my brother downloaded it before we uninstalled, I might have been all over this. Still seeing that it's only two player coop though. Why just two? Also, I have no idea what they mean when they say 'Booster pack.' Does that mean we have to pay for this mode? It was the same problem with pvp. Had to unlock the spartan arena by getting to level 5 or something before I could initiate a 1v1 challenge to my brother.

It just makes me go play Age of Empires II instead because there is so much more to do in the old original one than in this one.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Have they fixed the PvP match ups yet,  I would be lvl 12 and they would match me up to someone who was lvl 66 LOL so Pvp became useless, at least this sounds like a step in the right direction PvE wise

• Fugl1Fugl1 Member Posts: 1

Max level is 40, so playing vs a 66 is p awesome. I salute you, rare player.

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Originally posted by Fugl1

Max level is 40, so playing vs a 66 is p awesome. I salute you, rare player.

do they  match up lower lvl players with higher lvl players? yes they do, it is a screwed up PvP system and I was asking if it was fixed, has it been fixed yet, instead of sarcasm how about answering the question or are you just a fool

• PalladannPalladann Member Posts: 1
    They do, but you can also set to "champion" mode where you are all equal, where both sides have all unlocked and gear is then only visual, not with stats.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Uh.... MMORTS? Wtf? This gave has just about nothing to do with MMOs.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Palladann
    They do, but you can also set to "champion" mode where you are all equal, where both sides have all unlocked and gear is then only visual, not with stats.

If only they just offered you that by default instead of making you jump through hoops for it. And if only they let you play with 8 players, something that we could do back in the 90s... This game fails on so many levels.

AND SERIOUSLY, WTF CALLS THIS AN MMO?