Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tyranids: To Be or Not to Be?

13»

Comments

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Ubermeh

Originally posted by warmaster670

Originally posted by Azaria

If they go Bubblegum Two faction holy trinity Gear Grind you can forget it. I think from what I see so far you will be lucky to play something other than just human. Two factions in this game is just rediculous. In Warhammer everyone can fight anyone at any time. If they rip off WOW this game is vaporware just like that other Warhammer wow rip off Dead on Arrival.

newsflash, 40k is almost always 2 sided, and theres one key word you even said but dont seem to understand, everyone CAN, note, CAN fight everyo0ne, not do all teh time without any thought.

Its called strategy, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, eldar ally with the imperium, same with tau, dark eldar ally with chaos, it happens.

Heck, the Eldar helped Cadias fleet agaisnt Abaddons Blackstone Fortress during the 13th black crusade.

40k = side vs side, always will, theres a reason why you dont see 5 way battles in teh tabletop much, because the sides arnt stupid enough tog et whiped out based on racial bias.

We should ignore the ideas behind the canon, that every thing fucking kills everything else and break it down into a nice neat good versus evil.

Except, thats NOT how teh cannon is, theres this little thing people here dont understand,  tehre called diplomacy and strategy, get it through yourt head, THEYLL ALLY, just because they dont trust each other and fight doesnt mean they DONT ALLY.

You can keep living in denial that 40k is nothing but endless slaughter of whatever moves thats not you, but thats NOT how it works, I guess that Eldar messanger in teh space marine book was never talking to the leader of that imperial world, they just shot him on sight since thats how ot works, same with the Eldar/Guard in winter assault,  never worked together, same with fire warrior, the tau and ultramarines just killed each other on site. /sarcasm

So what you are saying is that you want realism in your fantasy??

In the future there is only war. Warhammer 40K is a dark place and while the Eldar may ally with you today they will be burning your planets tomorrow if it is of benefit to them.

I suppose what this MMO will turn out to be is a story line with players in it that will keep you on the rails. Newbie zone for Space Marines will probably have you running from one high ranking imperial official to another fighting space Orks and then move to the next zone to fight Tau. Then the end game will be the forces of chaos.

PVP area, I suppose, will have some Spacemarine/ Eldar love fest fighting "the other guys".

Once again a vast universe with much possibilty will end up being a move here, kill this, oh but don't attack that guy. He's friend.

The wussfication of Warhammer 40K from its roots is sickening.

its so funny watching the people that think they know about 40k talk about it.

there is only war, well, you DO know that war doesnt mean everyone killing everyone right? guess you missed those WW2 history lessons, ill give you a hint, it wasnt 1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1.

Also, you DO know that just because your working together doest mean your in some love fest right?

You can keep crying about it, and trying to maike the FACT that this fits more with the cannon somehow some decision to lure children into tehg ame, but your only showing your lack of 40k knoledge even more.

its clear you have no interest in this game, unless they butcher the 40k universe by making all the races blind kill everything hoards like the nids, speaking of nids, guess the necrons working with teh ultramarines agaisnt a tryanid invasion never happened to right?

Sorry this game will be to complex, seeing how theres going to be a hint of diplomacy and strategy involved with teh different leaders decisions, and not dooming there races to extinction by letting there stronger foe whipe them out (which, sicne you wont know, would have happened already if the imperium didnt except help from alien races.

Oh, please forgive me. Forgot you are the WARMASTER.

Any way,  Warhammer 40K is not the second world war. Warhammer 40K is a science fantasy set in a fictional universe. In this type of setting you can have a group of orks fighting a group of spacemarines while fighting a group of something else.

Remember these are "groups" or "squads" of something, don't believe this sound like 1 versus 1 versus 1 versus 1 yadda yadda yadda.

This has nothing to do with the rolling dice and moving you expertly painted miniatures.

This a computer game. It is amazing what they can do with those now adays.

what part about all of this stuff that ISNT tabletop gameplay related are you NOT getting? if there were space marines fighting a group of orks, and they were going to be a problem they would not fight the nearby eldar without a reason, and the eldar wouldnt engage the marines unless it was nescasary, in fact, the eldar would WANT the marines to take out teh orks, seeing as how if the imperium goes down so does every other race in the galaxy, aside from the corrupt greasy ones.

learn some 40k please, you know NOTHING of the lore, seeing someone else post some info or seeing one 40k thing doesnt mean you know the lore.

I refer you to the above. Doesn't have to "make sense". In the Rogue Trader days the Warhammer 40K rules were refered to as a RPG miniatures game.

Of course Warhammer 40K the MMO could be wild and crazy and fun or could follow the homogenized SHIT that Games Workshop has come up with to sell more figures.

So I tell you what WARMSTER, you go ahead and wish for the MMO you want I will wish for the one I want.

But I tell you, waving your Warhammer 40K Epeen all around just doesn't give the geek cred it used to.

So suddenly now that ive proven that it is canon, now suddenly you want a wild crazy non canon focused game, funny how that works, before you were pissed off it didnt follow canon.

Whoa there cowboy. You proved both jack and squat (speaking of which, do you remember the squats?).

There was a time when Warhammer 40K was fun flexible and accessible. Now it is Games Workshop cash cow designed to bilk teenagers and fat old nerds out of there deposable income, so they can feel like they are either big bad spacemarines or the irresitible force of chaos.

So you are correct in one aspect WARMASTER, if the MMO ends up being the sterile WoW clone theat is rail driven. Instead of being a massive virtual world with a feeling of danger and awe.

No WARMASTER I have no interest in WH40K:DMO

I proved everything, just because you stick your fingers in your ears like a child doesnt make facts go away, since your memory seems to be false let me help you.

You - "We should ignore the ideas behind the canon, that every thing fucking kills everything else and break it down into a nice neat good versus evil. "

Then i proved that it WASNT breaking canon, with numkerous stories from OFFICIAL books and stories, and if you want to play the well its just like that now card, funny since in 2e 40k you could have things like chaos taking ork allies, space marines taking eldar allies, and eldar taking space marine allies.

You tried to act like you knew 40k canon, I proved you wrong, now your scrambling to not look likme a tool, but its to late.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• PTEDPTED Member Posts: 464

There's a game, can't remember the name, but it's a lobby based 'mmo' that mixes 3PS and RTS gameplay.

The Human race consisted of armor-clad super soldiers that were played from the 3rd Person perspective and would shoot hordes of Aliens controlled by other players in an RTS manner. This would fit perfectly with the Tyranid, but I seriously doubt we'll see this sort of gameplay in a 40k game for a long time, if ever.

• grawssgrawss Member Posts: 419

Oh look, Warmaster is using the same argument he always does, claiming that a Space Marine is going to walk into an Eldar craftworld and open a trade window with a Warlock to get some new armor and weapons. After all, that's canon, right?

You cannot be serious. :/

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• terrantterrant Member Posts: 1,683

non-humanoid, non-dipedal species have been notoriously absent from MMOs. The biggest reason for this is they are a pain to animate. You don't think about it, but the average palyer cahracter in any MMO has a dozen times or more the animations of an NPC/monster. Then there's the idea of gear. Making wearable, awesome-looking gear taht fits a non-humanoid species is hard. in most MMOs they just re-scale the armor/weapons to fit whichever race  is wearing them. A non-biped would need an entirely different set of meshes.

I'm not saying it's impossible. Off teh top of my head, Horizons did it with dragons (who also couldn't equip much gear wise and were challenging to play well...) The problem is it requires a lot of extra development work, which means taking time away from other things.

I'd like to see it, but it's probably not viable.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

ZOMG, posts are greater than 15 days apart... feel like a necro thread.

• Axllow18Axllow18 Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by grawss

Oh look, Warmaster is using the same argument he always does, claiming that a Space Marine is going to walk into an Eldar craftworld and open a trade window with a Warlock to get some new armor and weapons. After all, that's canon, right?

I'm fairly cautious about this whole thing because I do think it could go either way (the whole Canon / Non-Canon deal). Although this kind of alliance is not unheard of in Canon, the event you are speculating here would infact be quite Non-Canon. And there in lies the fine line Vigil has to walk.

That being said...

Exactly where have you heard this is what is going to be in game? Honestly at this point working yourself up over a game that we have such a tiny amount of info on seems kinda silly. Your counter arguement is based on just as much speculation as his original point is.

Your point is no more valid than his since you have no proof to back your point; and calling him out when that is clearly NOT what he was saying is childish and serves no purpose other than disrupting any form of discussion.

Originally posted by Axllow18

I'm fairly cautious about this whole thing because I do think it could go either way (the whole Canon / Non-Canon deal). Although this kind of alliance is not unheard of in Canon, the event you are speculating here would infact be quite Non-Canon. And there in lies the fine line Vigil has to walk.

That being said...

Exactly where have you heard this is what is going to be in game? Honestly at this point working yourself up over a game that we have such a tiny amount of info on seems kinda silly. Your counter arguement is based on just as much speculation as his original point is.

Your point is no more valid than his since you have no proof to back your point; and calling him out when that is clearly NOT what he was saying is childish and serves no purpose other than disrupting any form of discussion.

I never said nor speculated anything was going to be in the game. The argument was, at its base, whether or not an alliance of enemies (ie Eldar and IoM) would fit into the game and overarching plot. My response was meant to show that while yes, alliances do happen all the time (and therefore would fit into the overarching plot), in practice the idea of having Eldar and IoM in an MMORPG setting would be absurd, and therefore the argument is invalid.

Yes, it's likely they'll make the factions buddy-up with each other as though they're life-long friends, but that wasn't the argument.

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

I never said nor speculated anything was going to be in the game. The argument was, at its base, whether or not an alliance of enemies (ie Eldar and IoM) would fit into the game and overarching plot. My response was meant to show that while yes, alliances do happen all the time (and therefore would fit into the overarching plot), in practice the idea of having Eldar and IoM in an MMORPG setting would be absurd, and therefore the argument is invalid.

Yes, it's likely they'll make the factions buddy-up with each other as though they're life-long friends, but that wasn't the argument.

Yes, you're point about a spacemarine opening a shop on an eldar craftworld would be non-canon and stupid.

However, since NOTHING has been posted regarding how the faction system will work....what you're arguing is essentially pointless.  You might as well be arguing that adding my little pony to the game would break canon.

The only thing they've said is yes there will only be 2 factions.  They haven't said anything about how those factions will interact.  Anyting else at this point is pure speculation and your speculation is no more or less valid than anyone else. 

Are we all on the same page now?  Good. image

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Originally posted by cheshyrecat

Yes, you're point about a spacemarine opening a shop on an eldar craftworld would be non-canon and stupid.

However, since NOTHING has been posted regarding how the faction system will work....what you're arguing is essentially pointless.  You might as well be arguing that adding my little pony to the game would break canon.

The only thing they've said is yes there will only be 2 factions.  They haven't said anything about how those factions will interact.  Anyting else at this point is pure speculation and your speculation is no more or less valid than anyone else. 

Are we all on the same page now?  Good. image

We seem to be on different pages, because you seem to be taking "I'm not speculating" and trying to turn it into "I'm speculating." Allow me to direct you to the beginning of my post, where I said "I never said nor speculated anything was going to be in the game."

You might also keep in mind that context is important. Be sure to read all the posts and understand how they fit into the discussion before attempting to form an argument or counter-post.

Hopefully we're on the same page now. :P

Sarcasm is not a crime!

• cheshyrecatcheshyrecat Member Posts: 137

I'll assume then the above quote is sarcasm then.  

It just seems the highest form of idiocy to argue how the game WILL BE when no one actually knows.  To my knowledge they've only announce the 2 factions with the actual participants of those factions yet to be announced.  So we don't know what the races will be, let alone how those factions will function.  

Don't get me wrong.  I'm all for speculating about what MIGHT be, or how we THINK it will be.  I just don't understand how anyone can get into a pissing contest about who's speculation is better or not.

***SIDE NOTE***

I've been keeping an eye out for news about this game but if they have released any new info please correct me and let me know.  I'm always interested.image

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.