Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NO NO NO NO NO... just NOOOO

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Lexin

Why do PC gamers complain more about cross platform then console gamers? Serious question it makes no sense. I read something about Dark Souls might be getting ported to the PC and I honestly have yet to see console gamers complain at all about this. But I'm sure PC gamers will still complain if it does release.

FFXIV & Skyrims Ui come to mind.

Not to mention patching and updates tend to get borked.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Just out of curiosity do you PC gamers have problems playing BF3 MW3 etc etc on the PC? I know PS3 versions of games are being held back due to Xbox lack of performance. I highly doubt Diablo 3 will be a port from console to PC.

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by Redcor

Why do PC gamers complain more about cross platform then console gamers? Serious question it makes no sense. I read something about Dark Souls might be getting ported to the PC and I honestly have yet to see console gamers complain at all about this. But I'm sure PC gamers will still complain if it does release.

Dark Souls is like one of  the only "hard" games that ever came out for console. Most console game an 8yr old can play.

Sounds like MMO's would have the perfect home on consoles then since console games are dumbed down and all.

Some new ones are dumed down. I'm surprized SWTOR and STO didn't release on console like DCU.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Suddenly the inclusion of health orbs make a bit more sense. Although I'm interested to see how they'll handle hotkeys for skills.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

Just out of curiosity do you PC gamers have problems playing BF3 MW3 etc etc on the PC? I know PS3 versions of games are being held back due to Xbox lack of performance. I highly doubt Diablo 3 will be a port from console to PC.

I only play FPS on PC. started with BF1942 and Counterstrike and will never play console.

-Robert E. Howard

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

Originally posted by Falcomith

I cant argue the fact that usually the PC game would be limited because it was going to go to a console platform. This shouldnt be to much of a surprise as the first Diablo also went over to a console.

Playstation 1. http://www.gamespot.com/diablo.

Also the series is a hack and slash type rpg so there really isnt anything that complex other then controls. Thats what usually makes me choose a game on PC over console. That and community content.

Check out Lineage Eternal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxenADDtB80 

Go 5 minutes in and you'll see some VERY interesting mouse gestures they worked into what looks like a Diablo 3 Clone

You can drag a line around your character in a circle and have him perform a whirlwind attack

A mage can drag their mouse in a line and have them cast a Fire or Ice Wall...etc.

That'd be hard to do on a Console

• vellusvellus Member Posts: 30

"Yup. Josh Mosqueira is lead designer for the Diablo console project."

This is a Diablo console project, not necessarily a Diablo 3 port over to Xbox/PS?Wii?etc.....

could be a stand alone Diablo game

I play console mainly not going to lie I seriously don't see how it's consoles fault don't blame us blame the devs. I have nothing against PC gamers and I do on occasion play PC games on steam. Devs need to put in a bit more time for cross platform games and should treat each one differently (PC, PS3, and Xbox), Why because each have their own limits for instance I have BF3 and feel the console version of it is being held back due to Xbox (PS3 has show it can handle 32 players + in a single game and don't recall a single Xbox game that has.).

Originally posted by RajCaj

I cant argue the fact that usually the PC game would be limited because it was going to go to a console platform. This shouldnt be to much of a surprise as the first Diablo also went over to a console.

Also the series is a hack and slash type rpg so there really isnt anything that complex other then controls. Thats what usually makes me choose a game on PC over console. That and community content.

Go 5 minutes in and you'll see some VERY interesting mouse gestures they worked into what looks like a Diablo 3 Clone

You can drag a line around your character in a circle and have him perform a whirlwind attack

A mage can drag their mouse in a line and have them cast a Fire or Ice Wall...etc.

I'm not a console fan but here you go.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879177001&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

-Robert E. Howard

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Like others have said, considering its made for PC with a console port I dont think it will hurt the PC version (fingers crossed). On the other hand I would imagine most of us have played games that didnt feel quite right on PC. Lost Planet is one that comes to mind that may have felt much better with a controller than it did with mouse and keyboard.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

I am going to buy the game for the console just to tick off the pc elitists. This is good news! :)

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

mixing consoles and PCs has never been a good mix. consoles being the limiting factor will affect the development of the game and its further expantions... 

oh we cant put in this feature in the new expantion because console players wont be able to use it...

Respectfully disagree, FFXI made cross platform gaming the best its ever been...

Though its the only example I can think of that did it well and did it right.

• UnshraUnshra Member UncommonPosts: 381

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

im not sure what good can come out of this....

The only good that matters in the end... "Money"!

Because flying a Minmatar ship is like going down a flight of stairs on an office chair while firing an Uzi.

Originally posted by Mephster

I am going to buy the game for the console just to tick off the pc elitists. This is good news! :)

Its you that will suffer in the end when the PC games are gone and all thats left are a buch of cookie cutter bunny rabbit games that can't be modded or improved by the community. And the only social aspect left will be a little kid, a trash talker with his buddies, and a mouth breather on their mic's.

-Robert E. Howard

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Have fun with the twelve year olds screaming obsceneties over voice chat.

Yet another reason to play TL2 over D3.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306

Originally posted by Ceridith

You reallize you don't have to play D3 with other people, right? And there are plenty of obsene 12 year olds with PCs in addition to the aforementioned PC elitists that are much worse than most 12 year olds.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Hell after the RMT announcement I'd have thought that noone was even buying D3 anymore? Still, this is not a bad thing. After Blizzard was aquired by Activision it was only a matter of time before we'd see them start making games on consoles. And that's fine. It's their goal (and Bobby's) to make money and that's what they are going to do. Blizzard has been making PC games for how long? I know Warcraft: Orcs and Humans came out in 1994 so that's at least ~18 years so far. We're not going to see a bad PC version. If anything, it could perhaps be the console users that have a hard time adjusting (I know I did at first when I tried playing DCUO on my PS3 and trying to use the skill bar with the whole mix of holding a trigger then pressing buttons for one side then another trigger for the other side).

If you saeriously think this will gimp the PC version, here's an idea. Vote with your wallet. Don't buy it/wait for reviews. 

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• RajCajRajCaj Member UncommonPosts: 704

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879177001&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-NA-_-NA

I'm aware that you can hook up mouse & keyboard to consoles (specifically PS3s).  I've been screaming for ages for more console games to incorporate mouse / keyboard controls...yet they are hardly ever supported.

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

You reallize you don't have to play D3 with other people, right? And there are plenty of obsene 12 year olds with PCs in addition to the aforementioned PC elitists that are much worse than most 12 year olds.

You still have to play online, which means getting stuck in lobbies with them.

And yes there are obnoxious twelve year olds in the PC market. But thanks to the wonderful lower barrier to entry that the console connoisseurs keep touting, there's a heck of a lot more annoying twelve year olds in the console market.

I'm aware that you can hook up mouse & keyboard to consoles (specifically PS3s).  I've been screaming for ages for more console games to incorporate mouse / keyboard controls...yet they are hardly ever supported.

Why would/should I have to use a keyboard and mouse on console?

• SprintfoxSprintfox Member Posts: 25

The irrational part of my brain says:

Yay! Cooooool! WASD is coming to us! Let's play a shoootaaaah! So coool! Next thing will be PONIES OF WAR! Oh yeah! I will be twilight or rainbow. Awww so cool...

The rational part of my brain says:

Seriously, I hope they do a port from PC to console and not the other way.

Consoles sucks like hell and will never reach an actual PC System, because of the less gameplay flexibility / versability. And well, don't let us talk about the technology advance people have playing on a PC... :)

And just by the way: Wasn't Diablo I - Diablo II and Diablo III a Hack & Slay á la Click & Point? I want to know how they want make mass spells work, when masses come on you.

Sprinty Sprintfox

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

That device would be ideal if I played allot of FPS on consoles, but again most of my gaming is on PC. The only time I buy a game on console is if I cant get it on PC, such as the Uncharted series. Working on Uncharted 3 now.

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

You still have to play online, which means getting stuck in lobbies with them.

And yes there are obnoxious twelve year olds in the PC market. But thanks to the wonderful lower barrier to entry that the console connoisseurs keep touting, there's a heck of a lot more annoying twelve year olds in the console market.

Not true, you can play alone all the way through.

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468

Becouse if game supports it, keyboard and mouse will give you better micro management - ofc unless ur keyboard turning clicker :P

• joontfishjoontfish Member Posts: 6
    I don't get the "I can sit on my couch with a controller" thing. My pc is hooked up to my big screen via hdmi and I use a wireless x360 controller. So, I play pc games from the couch just fine.