Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NO NO NO NO NO... just NOOOO

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

Diablo 3 console release confirmed....

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-10-diablo-3-console-release-confirmed

im not sure what good can come out of this....

Comments

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Honestly, my head just spun 3 times.

Wasn't it just yesterday that best Buy announced the release of D3 and then Blizz came running out with "it's not true" to stop it?

What the heck!

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

Why is this bad?

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

mixing consoles and PCs has never been a good mix. consoles being the limiting factor will affect the development of the game and its further expantions... 

oh we cant put in this feature in the new expantion because console players wont be able to use it...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

yeah cross-platforming has been less than steller over the years.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455

I hope at least my grandchildren will live up long enough to see the release date of Diablo 3

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

mixing consoles and PCs has never been a good mix. consoles being the limiting factor will affect the development of the game and its further expantions... 

oh we cant put in this feature in the new expantion because console players wont be able to use it...

I agree , when a game is set for console too it means the pc version will be " dumbed down ".

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

Nothing about Diablo 3 seems exactly "cutting edge" to the point where console limitations would screw over the PC market.  It's one of the few titles where actually think a console port isn't that big of a deal.

Steam: Neph

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Originally posted by Angier2758

Why is this bad?

Because it takes away more reasons for a person to have a gaming PC.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Redcor

I agree , when a game is set for console too it means the pc version will be " dumbed down ".

Ah this thread almost made it half a page before someone busted out the "dumbed down" argument against console gaming..

*sigh*

IMO Diablo games have ALWAYS been simplistic hack and slashers, and I'd have a lot more fun playing such a simplistic game on my big screen TV from the comfort of my couch.

I'd call this a win!

Though I wonder how the RMT AH stuff would play out on a console? Earning XBL points or some such?

Odd.

Actually, by the time this would release, maybe a launch title for Xbox 720 / PS4? That'd sure be a money maker!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Why would the console version be bad for D3. Unlike in most cases, the console version is developed first and then (sloppily) ported to PC. This is not the case with D3.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Why do PC gamers complain more about cross platform then console gamers? Serious question it makes no sense. I read something about Dark Souls might be getting ported to the PC and I honestly have yet to see console gamers complain at all about this. But I'm sure PC gamers will still complain if it does release.

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by tom_gore

Why would the console version be bad for D3. Unlike in most cases, the console version is developed first and then (sloppily) ported to PC. This is not the case with D3.

You are right in this but what happens to the expansions?

Imagine they want to release an expansion and they dont add some things to pc because  console gamers cant take advantage of.It's a big let down

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

Originally posted by Lexin

Why do PC gamers complain more about cross platform then console gamers? Serious question it makes no sense. I read something about Dark Souls might be getting ported to the PC and I honestly have yet to see console gamers complain at all about this. But I'm sure PC gamers will still complain if it does release.

Because some games are not meant for consoles and they should not effect pc gameplay with their limitations.

Originally posted by Zefire

Because some games are not meant for consoles and they should not effect pc gameplay with their limitations.

Yes, and those games are called "Real Time Stategy" games or RTS.

Hack and Slash RPG on console = exactly the same as PC but with console you get better controls and get to use A, B and X, Y instead of just right click/left click lol

Shooters is an enitrely different story as it's not about limitations it's about precision of mouse/keyboard vs. fluidity of motion via console controllers. But they don't cross platform those (as in play in same games) because of this very reason.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

With all that money to be made with their cash auction house, how can they not let the consoleers pay their share?

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

its not dumbed down... it more of we can't add certain features.

there are certain things a computer can do that console can't do. and in those situations the development of the game will favor the limiting factor, this time being the console. 

text chat is one thing that comes to mind, some people don't and won't use a microphone either on PC or console. 

say johnny 16 years old living at home with his parents is playing on a console at midnight... everyone is sleeping. he can't use voice chat because he will wake up the whole house... and typing on a console... yeah good luck. so you now get 0 communication in a game where its practically a must to communicate with your party.

thats 1 problem i see. 

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Mmm. Let's just wait and see. There have been enough awesome console games, so I don't see why D3 would be that bad if it's cross platform.
  • CripnoahCripnoah Member Posts: 128

Blizzard finally gave in; oh well I'm not surprised really. PC gamers can only really suffer from this...

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Dark Souls is like one of  the only "hard" games that ever came out for console. Most console games an 8yr old can play.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

its not dumbed down... it more of we can't add certain features.

there are certain things a computer can do that console can't do. and in those situations the development of the game will favor the limiting factor, this time being the console. 

text chat is one thing that comes to mind, some people don't and won't use a microphone either on PC or console. 

say johnny 16 years old living at home with his parents is playing on a console at midnight... everyone is sleeping. he can't use voice chat because he will wake up the whole house... and typing on a console... yeah good luck. so you now get 0 communication in a game where its practically a must to communicate with your party.

thats 1 problem i see. 

Johnny 16 year old should limit his gaming time, do his fucking homework, and go to bed at a decent hour so he isn't a little shit in the morning when he's got to get up and go to school.

I see no problem here.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Arglebargle

With all that money to be made with their cash auction house, how can they not let the consoleers pay their share?

+1

Well hype on D3 is huge and it will sell in millions of copies.

I'll pass on it thou.  Just I am bit fed up on Blizz as whole, their strategy and games don't suit my preferences anymore.

Have fun those who will still play it.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Originally posted by Cripnoah

Blizzard finally gave in; oh well I'm not surprised really. PC gamers can only really suffer from this...

At least the PC version can have mods

oh wait

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

As others have stated, when a game is going to come out on Console/PC, usually its the PC that suffers. They will design the game around the console, then the PC usually gets a sloppy port of the game with console controls. This isnt true for every game out there, but it happens enough for people to know what to expect when they hear this kind of news.

The Dark Souls news is amazing, I would kill for it to come to PC. Know what would be a game killer for me though? If they did a poor job of porting it and didn't make the controls PC friendly as they should. More than likely they will be lazy and copy paste the current control scheme and force us to use a gamepad on a PC game.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

I cant argue the fact that usually the PC game would be limited because it was going to go to a console platform. This shouldnt be to much of a surprise as the first Diablo also went over to a console.

Playstation 1. http://www.gamespot.com/diablo.

Also the series is a hack and slash type rpg so there really isnt anything that complex other then controls. Thats what usually makes me choose a game on PC over console. That and community content.

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701

Originally posted by Redcor

Dark Souls is like one of  the only "hard" games that ever came out for console. Most console game an 8yr old can play.

Sounds like MMO's would have the perfect home on consoles then since console games are dumbed down and all.