Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

patch 1.1 will fix a lot of issue!

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695 

ya this is the patch being tested not sure if it will end like that in the final iteration but thing look very good!

did you notice you WILL  need to kill opposite faction to be able to get loot from the pve side this my friend is an insanelly good move .i wonder if early bird who bypassed this will loose all gear and have to redo ,cause this benefit mostly the early bird and penalise the slow progressing player in the way it is said in patch note or i missed something!

Notifications are now displayed when enemy players are close to an objective 

the last one line i supplied is my favorite

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Underwhelming.

Needed:

Sell back feature on vendors.

Appearance tab.  

Hi rez textures.  

Optimization of game and decreased loading times. I didn't really have a problem with Taris and performance.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by Terranah

Underwhelming.

Needed:

Sell back feature on vendors. That would be nice

Appearance tab.  Oranges work just fine for me, I have dozens in the bank.

Hi rez textures.  Nice, but not vital the game already looks "good."

Optimization of game and decreased loading times. What optimization issues? What load time issues?

You should play with a SSD lol. Allthough my high speed SATA 6gbps drives do fine.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Nice

• cloud8521cloud8521 Member Posts: 878

Originally posted by BadSpock

Underwhelming.

Needed:

Optimization of game and decreased loading times. What optimization issues? What load time issues?

You should play with a SSD lol. Allthough my high speed SATA 6gbps drives do fine.

a SSD is not worth the cost. just becuase they are severly limited in the capasity department

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

Underwhelming.

Needed:

Appearance tab.  

Hi rez textures.  

Optimization of game and decreased loading times. I didn't really have a problem with Taris and performance.

aside from aa i cant say i figure what your talking about might need to play with your setting i play in 1080i30(gpu), ingame set at 59 deinterlacing in gpu set at adaptative movement ,with adjustement detection on and so far aside from aa the graphic are gorgeous no issue at all

• SpikeXSpikeX Member UncommonPosts: 76

$150 for 120gig SSD is too expensive?  You should quit gaming now.

Originally posted by cloud8521

Underwhelming.

Needed:

a SSD is not worth the cost. just becuase they are severly limited in the capasity department

i agree the load time isnt an ssd issue,it is at the ea server end it ask a permission or such and take too long to give it etc.i got an ssd and so far it take the same freaking time ,it is at ea end!

• SSJGotenx268SSJGotenx268 Member Posts: 63

Underwhelming.

Needed:

Definitely worth the cost.

Originally posted by drbaltazar

i agree the load time isnt an ssd issue,it is at the ea server end it ask a permission or such and take too long to give it etc.i got an ssd and so far it take the same freaking time ,it is at ea end!

This is 100% a straight up lie.

I have sat right next to a person with a SSD with roughly the same other hardware (actually a touch slower then my rig) on the same internet connection and we both loaded into the same planet starting at roughly the same time and his log in time was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my own.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

Hi rez textures.  

You are telling me that they still didnt implement high-res textures ?!

Heh...

• ScoutMastrScoutMastr Member Posts: 140

Underwhelming.

Needed:

same here...I have an ssd and was wondering why it seemed to take so long, but then I noticed how the progress bar pauses for a long while, then continues loading pretty fast. Does make me think it's a server issue.

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Hi rez textures.  

Heh...

Re-doing every texture in the game is such a quick process lobo...

They are adding AA which will drastically improve visual sharpness for those capable of running it.

WoW hasn't implemented high-res textures for what, 8 years? They just keep bumping it up with expansions. We will probably see TOR do the same IMO

I have sat right next to a person with a SSD with roughly the same other hardware (actually a touch slower then my rig) on the same internet connection and we both loaded into the same planet starting at roughly the same time and his log in time was SIGNIFICANTLY faster than my own.

because it was faster, doesn't mean it was fast...If you're load speed is slower than mine, then I would characterize it as much too slow, because I feel mine should be faster.

did you notice the bar stop at wroughly 25% progress then start again a good while later this my friend is a transaction going on between server and window and something is taking a long time,cause normally those dont stop there they just progress smoothly!

Originally posted by Lobotomist

Hi rez textures.  

Heh...

Re-doing every texture in the game is such a quick process lobo...

They are adding AA which will drastically improve visual sharpness for those capable of running it.

WoW hasn't implemented high-res textures for what, 8 years? They just keep bumping it up with expansions. We will probably see TOR do the same IMO

they dont need to redo texture the engine they use is very powerfull dont sweat it.they just turned down intentionally lol.this isnt wow era gees!i got to say aside from character being turned down the rest do actually look good ,i dont know tho if they could raise up the texture only when you re talking to a npc then turn it back to what it is now when you zoom out might be something to do ,cause some game do this if you zoom in they only better quality the char but only gradually the further you are the lower the res get the closer you are the higher the res get but only to your character!

If you have a SSD and good, stable internet connection and can't wait 10-15 seconds to load up a planet you are going to spend the next 4-5 hours adventuring in without any load screens or wait times (phasing and such)...

Then you are playing the wrong genre lol

• RenkaidenRenkaiden Member Posts: 27

Needed:

There isn't one?

did you notice the bar stop at wroughly 25% progress then start again a good while later this my friend is a transaction going on between server and window and something is taking a long time,cause normally those dont stop there they just progress smoothly!

yeah that describes my experience...if it went through smoothly I wouldn't have any problem with load speed, but that one little hiccup is annoying!

Originally posted by Renkaiden

Needed:

There isn't one?

There is a buy back feature if you mis-sell something but not the ability to undo purchases made by accident.

Care and precision FTW.

It's only fake money that is easily made or fake points easily earned lol.

Is rather annoying though, definitely be a welcome feature.

Originally posted by Renkaiden

Needed:

There isn't one?

I know this game has a buy back feature, but wait...so other MMOs have a sell back feature, or return unused?! It figures this one wouldn't, just to mess with me lol--I bought some heavy armor by accident once, and was trying to figure out how to return it to get my commendations back, but didn't see a way, so I just sold back to vendor for credits...I don't use the GM anymore...not enough locations, so I don't bother with the hassle.

Originally posted by ScoutMastr

I know this game has a buy back feature, but wait...so other MMOs have a sell back feature, or return unused?! It figures this one wouldn't, just to mess with me lol--I bought some heavy armor by accident once, and was trying to figure out how to return it to get my commendations back, but didn't see a way, so I just sold back to vendor for credits...I don't use the GM anymore...not enough locations, so I don't bother with the hassle.

Isn't the sting of failure and a lack of handholding, learning from our mistakes what so many at MMORPG.com want from their games?

*snicker*

Keep the buy back feature out of MMOs! No sell back features either! All sales are final!

RAWR I'M OLD SCHOOL LISTEN TO ME

jk jk

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607

Originally posted by SSJGotenx268

Definitely worth the cost.

Definitely definitely.  Though I'm saving up for a PCI-EX drive... INSANELY FAST!  And they don't use up a drive port...

There is a buy back feature if you mis-sell something but not the ability to undo purchases made by accident.

Care and precision FTW.

It's only fake money that is easily made or fake points easily earned lol.

Is rather annoying though, definitely be a welcome feature.

they just need to improve their filters.  Once they do that, sellbacks should be a non-issue.

Instead of just light/medium/heavy, we need (synth/mech) then (light/medium/heavy) in AH.  Some better filters on the vendors would be good, too. 

Isn't the sting of failure and a lack of handholding, learning from our mistakes what so many at MMORPG.com want from their games?

*snicker*

Keep the buy back feature out of MMOs! No sell back features either! All sales are final!

RAWR I'M OLD SCHOOL LISTEN TO ME

jk jk

Yeah... it would be cool if you lost a level when you bought the wrong gear from a vendor.  Oh, and your character would be forced to the ground and teabagged by all the townsfolk... including the hutts.  image

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342

I've got the game loaded on 3 PCs.  One has SSD, one a Raptor and one a regular a HDD and the difference between the SSD/Raptor and the reg. HDD is almost maddening.