Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally...1.7 In-Progress Set #1 - 1/9/12

PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

The usual disclaimer - all data on PTS is WIP and subject to changes (both major and minor) and may not reflect what actually gets patched to the live game.

1.7 PTS-In-Progress Set #1 - 1/9/12

== FEATURES ==

* The below are, as usual for PTS, works in progress and may be changed!

* New Chronicle! Grab a friend and disguise yourself as Endless Cultists to infiltrate and sabotage Alsbeth's plans within the River of Souls!

* No matter who you are, you now have twice as many Expert Dungeons to play in! The two tiers of Expert Dungeon difficulty have been combined into one.

* Sweeping improvements are in progress for gear at levels 45+. General details are listed below, with more info coming on the forums and future patch notes.

LEVEL 45+ ITEMIZATION ADJUSTMENTS

* With this patch we're focusing on improving gear progression in endgame content. The goal is to create a smoother high-end item progression and to ensure level 50 players can be competitive in either/both PvE or PvP with a clear route of content to upgrade through.

* The following improvements are being implemented toward this goal:

* Content tier adjustments to better match with the items granted:

- Intro 50 content: level 50 Dungeons, Chronicles, Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.

* Items will improve consistently between tiers of content, instead of having small improvements early on followed by huge power jumps in later tiers.

* The overall power of a new level 50 character will be increased slightly, and the power differential for items between 50 and top-tier content will progress more evenly.

DUNGEON, EXPERT DUNGEON, AND CHRONICLE IMPROVEMENTS

* The biggest change in support of the above progression is the combining of Expert Dungeons to a single difficulty tier, which impacts both gear dropped as well as LFG reward categories. The rest of the level 50 Dungeons and Chronicle content will be getting minor balance tweaks and major itemization adjustments.

* After these changes, the difficulty and rewards from content should be clearer between Chronicles/Level 50 Dungeons and Expert Dungeons.

GENERAL

* A new Guardian porticulum has been completed in Gloamwood at Tearfall Run.

* Added a new 'Lock XP' checkbox to the Interface > Misc settings pane. Checking it will stop your level 1-49 character from gaining experience until it is unchecked.

^ TWINKS!!!

* You can now choose to disable auto-weapon-sheathing with a new Settings option: Interface > Misc > Disable Auto Sheaths.

* You can now use the command '/interact' to interact with an NPC you have targeted if you are unable to right-click it.

* The background color of target casting bars now correctly indicates their interruptible (blue) or non-interruptible (gold) status during cast time for channeled abilities.

* You can now split stacks in your bank even if your inventory is full.

* Dismiss Pet no longer cancels Veteran Reward Vendors or Personal Bankers.

* Applying a rune to an item now only pops a confirmation prompt if you will overwrite an existing rune.

* Group leaders are now indicated in Raids.

* Fixed an issue that could cause a quest-giving item to stop offering the quest, even though it hadn't yet been accepted.

RIFTS AND INVASIONS

* Zone Events on Ember Isle now also grant Inscribed Sourcestone when event objectives are completed. Only players who have contributed during each event objective will receive these rewards. Some of the less difficult objectives will not be awarding Sourcestone. In order to maintain the same overall total Inscribed Sourcestone granted, the amount obtained from Colossi kills has been reduced.

* The Invasion commander, Hardshell Nightmare, will no longer off itself after spending only a short while on Telaran soil.

SOULS

* Mage Charge is now reset to zero when changing roles.

* Characters will no longer be taken out of stealth when their guild increases a passive Perk.

CLERIC

JUSTICAR

* Rebuke: Now works more consistently on different mob types in Dungeons and Raids.

WARDEN

* Deluge: Will no longer generate infinitely-looping visuals in some cases.

MAGE

ARCHMAGE [PvP]

* Withered Veins: The debuff will no longer persist through death.

ARCHON

* Pillaging Stone: The debuff portion of Rank 1 no longer persists through death.

* Flowing Sand: Now provides the movement speed debuff even if the target is immune to the Snare portion. Reduced the cooldown to 45 seconds from 2 minutes.

DOMINATOR

* Disorient: The stun portion no longer persists through death.

* Incompetence: No longer persists through death.

PYROMANCER

* Lockdown: Will now debuff the enemy, increasing the Fire damage they take, even if they are immune to the Snare portion.

STORMCALLER

* Storm Shard: Fixed an edge case where Storm Shard wouldn't apply the critical hit damage bonus.

* Absolute Zero: Fixed this causing more than one next cast of Icicle or Arctic Blast to cause a root effect.

* Electrocute: The knockback should no longer occasionally fail.

* Fixed an issue where damage from Hailstorm and Eye of the Storm could be blocked by abilities like the Chloromancer's Wild Abandon.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN

* The Attack Power contribution to the damage from Poisons has increased.

* Leeching Poison: The Attack Power contribution to the healing from Leeching Poison has increased.

BLADEDANCER

* Blade Finesse: Functionality changed. Now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Finishers by 5-25%. This bonus is applied only to attacks using melee weapons.

* Combat Expertise: Functionality changed. Now increases the Attack Power bonus of your Combo Point-generating abilities by 5-25%.

* Combat Culmination: Functionality changed. Your Finishers cause Physical attacks to ignore 1-3% of the target's armor per Combo Point for 10 seconds.

NIGHTBLADE

* The Attack Power contribution to the damage from weapon enchantments has been increased.

RANGER

* King of the Jungle: Now increases pet damage by 20%, increased from 10%. For every point in Ranger above 21, increases pet damage by 6% - increased from 3% per point.

* Feral Aggression: Increases Critical Hit chance and also pet damage by 100% for 15 seconds. Cooldown reduced to 1 minute from 2.

* Pin Down: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute from 3.

* Diffuse: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute from 2.

RIFTSTALKER

* Shadow Stalk: Using this ability should no longer put both the player and the target into combat.

* Rift Barrier: The damage shield from Rift Guard now only reflects damage from the first tick of a DoT, in line with other damage shields in the game.

* Planar Vortex: The damage from Planar Vortex now takes the Riftstalker out of stealth.

WARRIOR

PALADIN

* Preservation: No longer prevented from being cast on a Paladin after the original target removes it. No longer causes you to enter combat.

* Aggressive Block: Now properly triggers Rising Waterfall.

RIFTBLADE

* Rising Waterfall: Will no longer immediately break the buff granted by Surging Energy when it critically hits.

VINDICATOR [PvP]

* Tactical Strikes: No longer affects Spotter's Order.

VOID KNIGHT

* Surge: No longer ignores line of sight for threat generation.

ZONES

DROUGHTLANDS

* Thwarting the Emberlord: Fixed an issue that could cause this quest to not reset properly.

EMBER ISLE

* Anchors to the Depths: Fixed the placement of Shrines to Ithkus that were hiding under the sands.

* Crawl No More: The catapults should no longer be stuck in a fired position when the catapult has an active target.

* Drakes in the Drift: There is now a teleporter to the base of the Kelari tower when the quest is completed.

* Feline Intervention: Fixed an issue causing the Corrupted Wildstalkers to not despawn correctly if left unconscious.

* Pyrkari at Large: Fixed an issue where the pyrkari would sometimes not despawn when brought to the cages. The lasso effect now also leaves the pyrkari if the player who lassoed them dies.

* Raw Recruits: The reset time for the Shamblers has been significantly increased.

* Recluse Wrangling: The devour ability of the Recluse can now consume multiple spirits at once.

* Science Under Pressure: There's now a higher chance for the Smoldering Piles to appear in larger numbers. Stavel will also leave properly if his timer runs out.

* The Nexus Infusion ability no longer works on the Bazaars in Ember Isle during the In Golden's Grasp event, since it doesn't actually do anything for them.

GLOAMWOOD

* Notoriety items for the Waykeepers will no longer drop for Defiants.

SHIMMERSAND

* Additional NPCs in Shimmersand grant a small amount of Dragonslayer Covenant reputation when killed.

STILLMOOR

* Additional NPCs in Stillmoor grant a small amount of Order of Mathos reputation when killed.

STONEFIELD

* Dead Drop: The Earthmaul Ward quest objective should be easier to find.

* Notoriety items for Granite Falls will no longer drop for Guardians.

DUNGEONS, SLIVERS, and RAIDS

* Targets marked by Raid leaders are now visible to players who join the raid after the mark occurs.

* Fixed a case where a raid member could be stuck with a ready check and be unable to initiate another if they were a leader or assistant.

* Fixed a case where a raid member logging in right at the completion of a ready check would cause incorrect results to display.

CADUCEUS RISE

* Cinderstorm's Molten Cinders beams now appear properly in additional attempts after a wipe.

DARKENING DEEPS

* Fixed some collision on Scarn's elevator shaft.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]

* Added runspeed buffs to Hylas, Aleria, and Infiltrator Johlen.

HAMMERKNELL [Raid]

* Runebone Sorcerers' Silent Void ability no longer roots targets inside the effect for the entire duration.

* Darktide Serpents' Brine Net ability no longer roots targets inside the effect for the entire duration.

* Population mobs in Hammerknell award Planar Attunement experience more consistently.

PVP/WARFRONTS

* Damage dealt by your pet is now included in your leaderboard totals.

ITEMS

* Fixed a bug where some items showed a 'Vanity' category instead of 'Costume'.

* Fixed several Planar Lens items that had their stats removed.

* Lavaforged Helmet incorrectly had Block on it which has been removed - the points have been redistributed into Dodge and Parry.

* The Planar Conqueror armor set is now compatible with Blighted Synergy Crystals.

* Shimmering Windstone: Increased Dexterity.

* Elder Chain Coif: Now properly gives Spell Critical Hit rather than Physical Critical Hit.

* Rising Crest: No longer usable by Clerics.

* Scarn's Hide is now tradeable and can be sold.

* The artifacts from The Heir of Hammerknell set should now be listed in the Auction House as Collectibles rather than Quest Items.

* Some old items related to quests that are no longer in the game are now displayed as grey-quality loot items rather than quest items.

ART AND AUDIO

* Smoothed out the appearance of shadows in the distance.

* Added proper ambience sounds to caves on Ember Isle.

* Reduced the volume of steam geysers on Ember Isle around Scaldwater Fields and Wellspring Flats.

UI/SETTINGS

* Fixed occasional tooltip titles getting stuck on-screen when a debuff appeared under the mouse cursor on the Raid UI.

* Tracking of completed Artifact sets no longer turns off after a loading screen is displayed.

* Switching Roles with the Soul Tree open will cancel any previewing of souls or soul point spending in progress that has not been saved.

* Fixed a bug where sometimes the LFG window would think you were in an Instant Adventure group when you were, in fact, not.

* Added a new splash screen after leveling up displaying your level and soul points available. The display can be clicked on to open the Soul Tree window if you are out of combat.

* The Artifacts tab now shows the rewards to be gained from displayed Artifact sets.

* Fixed the Artifacts tab disappearing from the character window for those crazy players who completed all Artifact sets!

* Guild Wall: Fixed the scroll-to-top reset when deleting comments.

* Fixed the mouse cursor not highlighting when targeting items you can salvage.

* Defiants should no longer appear on the Guardian tabs of a Warfront leaderboard if they joined the Warfront while you were viewing that tab.

* Corrected zone event notice broadcasts to level channels for non-English language shards.

amanda 'amary' fry

ap - community | trion worlds, inc.

find us on facebook | follow us on twitter

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Quite a load they deliver there with 1.7, but i somehow expected something "else" and i guess i'm not alone in that boat. This is a bit of a letdown after Trion's been silent about 1.7 for so long. Not shure, but i thought that with this patch they'd play a slightly different card considering the release of SWTOR. Dedicating a patch to balance endgame itemization at this point is however not the most awesome thing i can think of for Rift.

Trion looks like being a bit stuck in their routines and direction of the game. They got me finding myself in a loop of "yeah, great..but i'll wait for the next patch to hopefully bring more awesomeness" for a while now. Why doesn't Trion "just do it" ?

New Chronicle: only one?  which also takes place in an "already been there" -setting. Trion is greatly pushing out so many new features, but with each release of a new one, they seem to desert the older ones before they are fleshed out.

XP Lock: great thing. I personally would use it to lock XP when running dungeons...to not outlevel my current quests. A bit late though, alt-unfriendlyness turned the game to be very top heavy like 8 month ago.

You can now choose to disable auto-weapon-sheathing with a new Settings option- i guess many players would have prefered if Trion already put in sheate animations :/ But at least they acknowlegded and put in some workaround.

Art and Audio: i wish they would have fixed that horrible "world-objects pop up 20m infront of you" thing.

Sadly, they haven't adressed two annoying bugs that affect my favorite souls in a way that i don't like to play them anymore.

I will go and buy 90 days anyway...their aggressive pricing may not be a good sign, but it's one thing you can't complain about. They shurely deserve the money more than any other company...if they would only make the game so it also deserves people's time more thant any other game.

Have fun everyone with 1.7 :)

• first set of notes. they will add a crap ton as they do with each patch. the patch is never jsut the 1st set of progress notes.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

Soooo that little list of notes was 1.15 GIGS. I reviewed the files and want to know something odd. I can not tell you WTF I just downloaded. This is guy who data mined all this info the last time.

They have completely restructured the file structure of this game. This will take me way more digging because this one is taking me a second. There is 1.15 gigs worth of content hiding somewhere and after they open the pts tommorow I will know more because right now I am confused.

The Infernal Dawn(next 20man) files I data mined are in Geometry 10 that was added in 1.6.1 okkkk. Now look at the geometry files from live to the pts and tell me what is different lol

Rift live

Rift Alpha

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

first set of notes. they will add a crap ton as they do with each patch. the patch is never jsut the 1st set of progress notes.

Yeah, i was just thinking that if any company is able to pull a real burning patch off, it is Trion. I expected such a burner at swtor release. But somehow it looks like i always have to wait for "the next patch" to hopefully be it.

No offense though...as i said in an older posting: At first i didn't liked the game, but had alot of respect for Trion. By now, i like the game alot, but not so much anymore alot of things Trion is doing about it. The latter i recognize with every new patch.

Originally posted by VoIgore

No offense though...as i said in an older posting: At first i didn't liked the game, but had alot of respect for Trion. By now, i like the game alot, but not so much anymore alot of things Trion is doing about it. The latter i recognize with every new patch.

Here is the problem and where reality and wishful thinking collide. We now have solid examples of other devs trying to patch other MMO's. Take this starter patch and put it up against the big patch from Bioware with 1.1

Actually here do this

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695

and

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/patch-notes/145022-rift-1-1-3-30-11-8-00am-pdt-4-00pm-bst.html

Go word for word. This tells you alot about the two devs.

Originally posted by Puremallace

Here is the problem and where reality and wishful thinking collide. We now have solid examples of other devs trying to patch other MMO's. Take this starter patch and put it up against the big patch from Bioware with 1.1

Actually here do this

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141695

and

http://forums.riftgame.com/official-rift-news/patch-notes/145022-rift-1-1-3-30-11-8-00am-pdt-4-00pm-bst.html

Go word for word. This tells you alot about the two devs.

Reading the patch notes of SWTOR that other day, i immidiately thought that a) these few lines fit on a beer coaster and b) the patch content does in NO way relate to the needs and state of the game. I may talk alot of crap, but it seriously kid you not if i tell you that i deliberately refrained from posting my thoughts on that 1.1. "patch" that day to not get a warning or banned yet again.

Comparing these two companies is a great example that money without ability can't make a great game. But also that the best of abilities need a little money.

If Trion had the $- background Bioware/EQ/LA comes with, i imagine Trion even doubling their output and Rift would take over the genre.

If Bioware had the talent Trion has, SWTOR would.

In may case, my money would go where the talent is -and where money is needed :)

Easy solution EA buys Trion.....Bioware hires Rifts devs....Planet Talara opens up on the TOR galaxy map, then Blizzard buys Bioware and Planet Azeroth opens up and we all live happily ever after...add in ArenaNET and those DAoC guys also.

Easy solution EA buys Trion.....Bioware hires Rifts devs....Planet Talara opens up on the TOR galaxy map, then Blizzard buys Bioware and Planet Azeroth opens up and we all live happily ever after...add in ArenaNET and those DAoC guys also.

You could not possibly contradict yourself more in a single sentence ;)

On a sidenote: i wanted to buy 90 days this morning, thought i read on ukgaming that the offer is up until 11.1. -well, it's not and i missed it :/

You could not possibly contradict yourself more in a single sentence ;)

On a sidenote: i wanted to buy 90 days this morning, thought i read on ukgaming that the offer is up until 11.1. -well, it's not and i missed it :/

Pretty sure that site realized they were handing out 45$ game time cards for like 18$. Yeah I saw that too, but I got my order in very quickly before they realized how many people rushed them. The number of orders had to be pretty tremendous,

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

TWINKS!!!!

Trion listens.  I love these guys. 

Thank you!!

• Originally posted by Uhwop

TWINKS!!!!

Thank you!!

that was the first thing i saw too. was so stoked. fingers crossed that everyone pulls a WAR and makes the low level twinks. we need to have some open world PvP for those twinks now though. the maps are kinda gonna jack that up. WiP :)

i'm thinking cap mine at 19. it's going to be interesting to see how we're going to have fotm low levels lol.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Originally posted by Daddydazzle

Originally posted by Uhwop

TWINKS!!!!

Thank you!!

that was the first thing i saw too. was so stoked. fingers crossed that everyone pulls a WAR and makes the low level twinks. we need to have some open world PvP for those twinks now though. the maps are kinda gonna jack that up. WiP :)

i'm thinking cap mine at 19. it's going to be interesting to see how we're going to have fotm low levels lol.

I actually made a post the other day int he suggestion forums asking them to adjust the PvP faction vendor items so that they would be useful to a lvl 50.

Do you know ANYONE that is revered with or glorified with stormguard by the time they reach 45?  I did about half my levels with my rogue alt in WF, and I never even got to decorated by the time I hit 50, and I'm almost R5 with that rogue and only JUST started hitting honored with the different WF factions. 

Locking XP won't make some of the current lvl 50 items that the vendors sell useful to a 50, but at least now I know that I can play my cleric alt and actually put the lvl 45- rep items to use.

I'm hoping that a part of the itemization changes will impact some of the lvl 50 rep items that I've never seen anyone actually using.  As it currently stand the WF faction vendors are pointless to a lvl 50, with the exception of the seekers, and I beleive eldritch vanguard; obviously not counting the prestige vendors and unseen.  There's literally no reason to worry about your noteriety with almost all of the WF factions.  I never got the point of having vondors sell blue lvl 50 pvp items that you'll basically outlevel and never get to use.

I'm really excited about the 1.7 patch.  Hope it won't be long before we see it hit live.

PS: I'm thinking lvl 29 with as much planar gear as I can get.  Although 19 would be a lot easier as freemarch has almost constant invasion events.

So Trion did something a while ago to pvp that changed everything when they normalized valor, so a fresh 50 in a rank 1 set has as much valor as someone in a rank 8 set. The communtiy rage this would ruin pvp and it did just the opposite because now the devs could balance classes and not some SORC hitting super hard because he had better gear.

LEVEL 45+ ITEMIZATION ADJUSTMENTS

* With this patch we're focusing on improving gear progression in endgame content. The goal is to create a smoother high-end item progression and to ensure level 50 players can be competitive in either/both PvE or PvP with a clear route of content to upgrade through.

* The following improvements are being implemented toward this goal:

* Content tier adjustments to better match with the items granted:

- Intro 50 content: level 50 Dungeons, Chronicles, Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.

- "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.

* Items will improve consistently between tiers of content, instead of having small improvements early on followed by huge power jumps in later tiers.

* The overall power of a new level 50 character will be increased slightly, and the power differential for items between 50 and top-tier content will progress more evenly.

Is this the real elephant in the room of this patch? I see lots of crying about classes not having notes yet, but this is basically saying the carrot on the stick is still there, but moving slower.

Everyones HUGEEEE worry was Tier 3 raid gear would utterly invalidate every previous tier of content. Then the question how do you handle tier 3 gear + needing pvp gear to match it?

Art and Audio: i wish they would have fixed that horrible "world-objects pop up 20m infront of you" thing.

Not really dead on topic, but i just want to give an update on my complain in that quoted post above. Seems like someone found a solution so far:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/tech-support/270698-massive-objects-viewdistance-bug-object-pop-up-still-there-since-release-4.html#post3504615

Maybe this is usefull for anyone here. Good luck!

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Soooo that little list of notes was 1.15 GIGS. I reviewed the files and want to know something odd. I can not tell you WTF I just downloaded. This is guy who data mined all this info the last time.

The odd thing is the patch really adds nothing new (RoS chronicles will reuse whats already in game most likely), its a balance patch.  So where is the 1.15 gigs coming from?

Hopefully the balancing is a precursor to expansion, I am hoping for a reason to get into Rift and restructuring gear does nothing for me.  I just hope Trion can go look at how EQ1 did things from 2001ish - 2005ish for a study on how not to obsolete gear so fast so this type of thing isnt needed again.

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/292072-1-7-progress-set-2-1-13-12-a.html#post3526736

Think it is safe to call this the pvp patch.

1.7 PTS In-Progress Set #2 – 1/12/11

#1 - 1/9/12">Update 1.7 Patch Notes Set # 1

PVP UPDATES

* In the ongoing effort to more appropriately match up characters of different ranks, and give a smoother entry to high-level PvP, we will be revamping the existing Prestige system in 1.7. The below are some initial changes currently in testing, with more to come over the following weeks. As usual, the below info may change prior to the patch going to live shards.

* The Prestige system has expanded from 8 ranks to 40 - existing ranks will be converted to the appropriate rank on the updated scale.

* Bolstering is now enabled for level 50 Warfronts. Players entering a level 50 Warfront below Rank 13 will have their stats boosted to be more effective for both rank-appropriate and mixed-rank Warfronts.

* Marks of Retribution gained from closing PvP Rifts and completing weekly quests are now consumables that grant 1600 Favor.

** Existing Marks of Retribution will be converted to Favor in an upcoming update.

* Reinforced Crystallized Insight is now available for purchase from Girdoom in Meridian and Templar Zim in Sanctum. These consumables grant 100,000 Planar Attunement experience at a cost of 15,000 Favor.

PVP SOUL UPDATES - PVP PLANAR ATTUNEMENT

* With 1.7, the PvP-specific Souls have been converted into a Planar Attunement-based character enhancement.

* A large amount of Planar Attunement experience is granted each time you gain a Rank in PvP. Yes, this will be granted retroactively for ranks already gained.

PVP EQUIPMENT UPDATES

* Removed Rank requirements from all PvP armor sets. You still need to purchase sets sequentially, but the limiting factor is now total Favor gained rather than rank.

* PvP weapons and Synergy Crystals will still require specific ranks to purchase and equip.

* PvP Synergy Crystals have a reduced notoriety requirement to equip. A new set requiring Rank 40 and Revered with the Order of the Eye or The Unseen has been added.

* The previously-Rank 3 and Rank 4 gear is now available without prior purchase requirements.

* PvP Armor merchants now stock Bows for Defiants and Guns for Guardians.

* PvP Armor set merchants now display items filtered by Calling. Filtering can still be disabled if you'd like to purchase items designed for other Callings.

GENERAL

* You know all those times you hit 'Leave Party' instead of 'Ready Check'? Yeah, Leave Party got moved down to the bottom of the menu list.

* Characters under the effect of any type of Mind Control ability are no longer able to enter new instances - Chronicles, Dungeons, Warfronts, Slivers, or Raids.

* Doubled the duration and removed the 2 minute cooldown on Omen Sight and Quantum Sight.

* While in a LFG-formed random Expert group for an instance you already have a normal lockout for, you no longer get locked from your random version if disconnected before the first boss.

SOULS

* Mage and Cleric abilities that are low-ranked compared to your level now always use the ability cost of one rank below the max currently available to you. This won't change costs for characters who've trained up their abilities to current rank as they level.

* Many tooltip clarity updates for abilities on Souls.

WARRIOR

* Disarm abilities now properly block abilities that require either Ranged or Melee weapons.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN

* Expose Weakness: Fixed a bug where the damage increase from Exposed Weakness was not applied to all three stacks of Serrated Blades' damage.

RIFTS AND INVASIONS

* Guild Quest: Upping the Ante: Should now always give credit if a Rift is closed by a guildmember.

INSTANT ADVENTURE

* If an Adventure Group is waiting for a new chain of adventures to start, the teleport invitation for new group members now waits for the start of the next set.

ZONES

DROUGHTLANDS

* A new porticulum has been constructed in Fallback!

GLOAMWOOD

* Dead Water: The mobs inside the cave you enter on this quest now have a longer respawn time.

SCARWOOD REACH

* Fall of House Aelfwar: Quest should no longer get blocked sometimes by a nearby foothold.

DUNGEONS, SLIVERS, CHRONICLES, RAIDS

* If your invitation to teleport to an instance fails because it is full, group/raid members can now trigger the teleport prompt an additional time by re-zoning into the instance.

CADUCEUS RISE

* Fixed the achievement, Bloody Bothersome, that was triggering incorrectly in Expert mode.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT: THE FALLEN PRINCE [Chronicle]

* Shadow of Metamorphosis should now properly end if you leave the zone while under the effect.

ITEMS

* Amplified Soulstone: Now properly increases damage from Elemental Touch.

CRAFTING

* Crafting will now use items directly from your bank – No need to swap a bunch of items around before heading over to the crafting stations!

ART AND AUDIO

* Added some visual effect improvements for the low-quality renderer.

* Fixed ambient volume in Droughtlands not being correctly raised/lowered by whatever your Ambient Audio volume is set to.

UI/SETTINGS

* Fixed the Warfront UI window being blank while your character is mind controlled.

* Your current target is now indicated by an icon on the minimap and main map. The icon will show red, yellow, or green, depending on whether the target is hostile, neutral, or friendly.

* Guild Perk reset charges are now shown in the Guild Bank currency log.

* Fixed the 'receive item' spam in the chat window when combining stacks between your inventory and your bank.

* If you get disconnected due to your shard being down, we now show a message letting you know this, instead of surprising you with a different shard's character select screen.

* Target tooltips now show Elite for group and raid encounter NPCs.

* Updated the character selection screen with faction-sorted and colored Character listings.

James "Elrar" Nichols

Community Manager

www.riftgame.com