Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallen Earth: January State of the Game Arrives

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fallen Earth's Marie Croall has posted the latest State of the Game letter on behalf of the development team. In it, she discusses several key features that the team has been working on and some things that will be coming in the future.

Current projects include:

• Improvements in rare drop rates from bosses

• New level 30-35 missions in the Kaibab Forest

• Improvements in the bomb mechanic for territory control

• Revamping and improving Embry

Croall also let players know that the augmentation system is set to receive some much needed attention and that the team is "breaking ground on one of the biggest (and most requested) systems" later this month. She is very cryptic about what exactly that is but indicates that more information will be forthcoming in the near future.

Read the full letter on the Fallen Earth blog.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

they need to fix the combat first. the lack of fluidity is really really frustrating...

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

4 attempted fixes to combat  and combat is still bad.   They called this a state of game, this should have been called, this is what we have planned.

There is nothing about the state of the game in this blog at all. 

I wonder how many folks are still playing.   My account got hacked kind of funny as I only had 20 red chips and they got all of those, but that's ok, as I gave up on this game a long time ago.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Agreed, combat and character feedback are where this game needs work.  Get those up to par with WoW, SWTOR, etc and I think it would be tough to leave Fallen Earth.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Recently started playing this myself and subbed up. I dont have any issues with the combat? What do you guys mean ?

As for people playing there seems to be tons of people online all the time.

• NethermancerNethermancer Member Posts: 520

FE has huge problems to fix like

combat 

mob AI

no player housing

very little group content

no mention for 2012 so ill pass

Playing: PO, EVE
    Waiting for: WoD
    Favourite MMOs: VG, EVE, FE and DDO
    Any person who expresses rage and loathing for an MMO is preposterous. He or she is like a person who has put on full armor and attacked a hot fudge sundae.

• DeeterDeeter Member UncommonPosts: 135

I've always really wanted to come back to this game but every time I read news about it they still have mountains of things that they're planning to fix so I don't even bother when I hear stuff like that.

• yorkforceyorkforce Member UncommonPosts: 160

Originally posted by Deeter

I've always really wanted to come back to this game but every time I read news about it they still have mountains of things that they're planning to fix so I don't even bother when I hear stuff like that.

Welcome to G1's world where everything will be fixed tomorrow.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by Caldrin

Recently started playing this myself and subbed up. I dont have any issues with the combat? What do you guys mean ?

As for people playing there seems to be tons of people online all the time.

Well I guess its hard to explain if you dont feel it.  Maybe I can give you an analogy, to me its like being underwater, drunk trying to hammer in nails with a sledghammer.  Hope that helps.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I just hated the TIME investment for crafting.  Days and Days of time required to complete parts for vehicles and such. 

Also, ammo... I guess thats why almost everyone is running around as melee.  I personally wanted to level as a sniper/rifle master but the goddamn ammo cost and crafting requirements is insane.

And yes, combat was pretty meh.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Originally posted by Painlezz

I just hated the TIME investment for crafting.  Days and Days of time required to complete parts for vehicles and such. 

Also, ammo... I guess thats why almost everyone is running around as melee.  I personally wanted to level as a sniper/rifle master but the goddamn ammo cost and crafting requirements is insane.

What do you mean? I hate melee in this game and think it's boring!

I played a Rifle/crafter guy since F&F Alpha and never ran out of ammo. Get your crafting up and start crafting efficient ammo and you're there! You'll never run out again!

Seriously, this is actually one of the least problems with this game. I just gathered some maths and put up ammo crafting on queue before I log off and next time I log back on, I have enough ammo to last for days.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Painlezz

I have 2 toons and they are Rifle/crafter and Pistols/melee, first lvl'd up my Crafter and i never ever add any issues with ammo what so ever.

It's true u must spend some time getting mats to make ammo but thats whats gives crafting a meaning, not to mention the fact that u can actually make ur own gear, i dare to say u MUST make ur own gear because the mission rewards are not that great.

As for the crafting, imo thats were the game shines, i don't think the requirements are insane what so ever, but yes it takes time, more time then in the usual mmo, but in the end it feels rewarding knowing u made all ur mounts and vehicles.

The biggest problem now n days is that ppl just want to rush to lvl cap and max crafting with allmost no effort, what's the fun in that, i realy don't get it....im playing since August and im yet to cap all my crafting trees, only main ones like Ballistics, Armour and Science are at 196 and i still miss some advanced books in those trees, if u complain about crafting i guess u never gone into Cooking, i guess u wouldn't last a day hehehe.

As for combat, well...i must admit the combat sometimes feels a litlle choppy, but i dont care much for top notch combat animations, after a while u dont even notice it and get used to it, but hey i can only speak for myself.

And besides that theres alot more in the game that compensates for that, like PvP Zones, open world, exploration...PvP itself i very well balanced and it's skilld based, a lvl 50 or even a lvl 45 can take a lvl 55 if u have the skills.

And the fact of the best crafting mats residing on PvP Zones is awsome, it forces u to go out there and get ur but on the line to get ur hands on those goodies, if not u can allways buy them at the AH and over priced, rewarding those u go out there !!!

Just a side note...the game is well and very much alive, theres allways toons of ppl on starting areas and latlly lots of ppl on mid/high lvl areas, the F2P patch really gave a boost on population.

Being that kind of game u cant really just jump in and start rushing to cap theres a Help Channel with vet players and GM's allways answering questions to help new guys (i crack my ass laughing with some of the questions :D).

So yeah thats pretty much it..

Cheers