Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: The 2011 Players' Choice Awards

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

We picked our games of the year back in December, but now it's your turn.  Which games deserved some recognition, and which didn't deserve an ounce?  You be the judge in this year's MMORPG.com Players' Choice Awards.

2011 has come to a close, and now it's time for you to tell us which games deserve an award.  These polls will be open for an entire week, and we'll announce the winners shortly after.  Only one vote can be cast on each poll per account, so make sure you represent the games you want to win the most!

Read up on the nominees and cast your votes in MMORPG.com's 2011 Players' Choice Awards.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

I just voted but still pool show no vote 0 % on any of the options in pool "most anticipated"

why? 

• JasVJasV Member Posts: 36

@fenistil Because tor has to win ;)

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Hey, I voted for GW2 there and it still have 0% while TOR have 100%...

Edit: Doh, thanks, Bill. :)

Edit again: Still is 0%, I think there is a bug somewhere with the most anticipated poll.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Yeah, it was either refresh or click through 5 different pages... we went for this.  Hopefully people see the glowing yellow bold text and stop to read first.  :)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• creepzcreepz Member Posts: 17

Yeah same, i think it's bugged.( i refreshed inbetween votes).

Terra must win the most anticipated for sure.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by creepz

Yeah same, i think it's bugged.( i refreshed inbetween votes).

Terra must win the most anticipated for sure.

Terra = the planet you are on

TERA = Korean MMO soon to be released in the West

Nah, GW2 will win that award easily, check the hype meter...

So my two votes not registered any chance to 'allow' me try vote again?

edit: now I remember I think I refreshed it after voting in most anticipated or most innovative (not registered  my vote in any of those though...)

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

My GW2 vote didn't register on the most anticipated, either.  Also, I'm using Chrome, and every time I clicked vote my page would automatically reload/refresh making me not have to do it manually as suggested, pointless.

Hey folks,

In the interest of no more folks wasting votes, we're taking the feature down for a moment and going to spread it across 5 pages so the polls work properly.  Please bear with us!

It'll be back up momentarily.

Edit 2: We will also likely reset the polls so those who had wasted votes can re-cast. We're VERY sorry for the technical hiccups. We'll let everyone know when polling is back open and it'll be open for a week to boot, so there will be plenty of time to cast your votes.

Edit 3: Our web guru has a fix on deck that will not only make voting easier, but also reset the polls so that everyone who missed out can vote again. We'll inform you all as soon as it's up and working. Thanks for your patience!

Edit 4: As you can see, it's live again, and no votes were wasted!  

My Review Manifesto

good choice!

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

Everyone: It's not that they were wasting votes as such, just that there were multiple vote buttons and multiple polls and general confusion all around.

Now there is a single button and you can pick all the options in one awesome swoop. No multipages, no reloads.

Go go go!  Let the voting resume! 

My Review Manifesto

• BluestunBluestun Member Posts: 2

wow my votes were right on the money in every category sweet

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

For the first time ever I haven't voted for WoW in any category. Oh No! I have turned into one of you guys! ....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

• WarbsWarbs Member Posts: 245

vote  button isnt working for me

• NMStudioNMStudio Member Posts: 376

I gotta say that it's BS not including SWTOR for game of the year.

• Equilibrium_JWEquilibrium_JW Member Posts: 201

Vote button not working here

We stick by not including SWTOR, for the simple reason that it came out 11 days before the year was over.  It'll be nominated in 2012 no doubt.  But it simply was not out long enough in 2011 to be up for our GotY, no matter what other sites might have believed.

As for the vote button not working, if you've voted before the votes counted and it won't work any longer.  You'll just see the results.  If you get the radial buttons, but Vote does not work, please let us know.  We see the poll numbers going up rapidly, so we know it's working.

My Review Manifesto

Clicking vote does nothing, no results, didn't give anything except www.mmorpg.com/#

It has yet to accept my vote.

Just counted it. Just buggy. Keep trying.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

With CCP falling all over it self this year with its PR stupidity RIFT deserves to win.

While RIFT isn't the most original game Trions seems to listen to its players and they deliver content at a good pace.

For most anticipated I picked GW2.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• sausjesausje Member Posts: 2

Same here, vote button does nothing, on Chrome with edited hostfile, but no adblocker or anything else what could change the way the site works.

We're looking into the reports of the broken vote button, but it IS working as we see the totals climbing.  Please keep trying while Skywisenight looks into the issue.

My Review Manifesto

• sausjesausje Member Posts: 2

Well the button "works" in IE9 for me, tho it redirects instant to frontpage.

But Chrome it does nothing at all.

• GreyedGreyed Member UncommonPosts: 137

Ungh, none of the choices for GoTY fit, really.  DCUO launched, flopped, went F2P where people who passed on it initially could try it and confirm their susicions on how bad it was.

EVE I love to death but it is very niche.

LotRO's the strongest but RoI itself was pretty weak.

Rift was just... ungh.

WoW.  Really?  Sure if we're going by subscriber numbers but Cata's been panned by pretty much everyone, MoP's a joke.  Turning into a complete farce is not GoTY worthy.

At least give us write-ins!

Not just another pretty color.

This discussion has been closed.