Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: 5 Ways The Sith Empire is Pure Win

Comments

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Thats it, lets try and get more imbalance of sith in the game!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by =FTS=Fish

Originally posted by Sovrath

I usually prefer playing "good" characters however, after beta I came to realize that the Empire side had more flavor.

I am playing a sith warrior and mostly go for light side points. However, there is enough edge that I can gleefully go dark side and have it feel right.

A light side Sith?? Man, I have a ton of "light" side sabers I can sell ya..

yup!

I like the idea of being my own person and not following doctrine. That acquring and maintaining power doesn't always have to be heavy handed "evil" but can be acheived by more subtle means. That killing your subjects means that eventually you will have no more subjects left, and that by being more pragmatic a more solid rule can be obtained.

Which reminds me I need to look for better light sabers.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

No way...

There's a guild on my server that says "too old for sith".

In this game, Sith are ridiculously angry emo-goths with deep seated emotional problems, "you talk when you're talked to, I'm in charge here" -  so you're in charge huh, uuuh, cry some more, baby *rolleyes*.

Real superiority is wearing a brown ragged robe, giving everything to charity and owning a guy in the face and telling him afterwads that he still has much to learn.

Plus Coruscant over Dromund Kaas anyday. 

Plus, Gunslinger dual blaster Smuggler is about 100 million times cooler than any of the Imp classes.

All in all, Imperial is a kids choice in my book, and that's after I had tried all imperial tutorial making it to level 18 with a bounty hunter...

M

• toljartoljar Member UncommonPosts: 228

Well on my server (Warrior of the Shadow) Republic wins 90% of the Alderaan and Voidstar matches that I have been in. I clearly rolled the more superior side :)

Gaming community: IRONFIST
    New World: Lilith - US East
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Burning Legion> Alliance(We transferred to Illidan)
    WoW Guild: IRONFIST <Illidan> Horde
    SWOTR: IRONFIST <Satele Shan> Empire/Republic

• zinger71zinger71 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    This just makes me wanna roll Republic from here on out.
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by maskedweasel

I'm going through imperial now,  but the republic has some great stuff too,  sure, maybe no force choking, but,  how about the dirty kick... totally worth it.

Agreed! Best ability in the game!

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Originally posted by Lowcaian

So the Sith Empire can't afford it's own uniformed shock troops but have to rely on a gang of freelancers? Not much of an empire.

BH belongs with the empire as much as smuggler belongs with the republic. Immersion yeah right...

It's simple, the Sith are not about justified action, nor moral adherence. They'll pay BH's to hunt down rebels/ repubs, the republic is far less likely to use such means to meet an end.

Smugglers have a lot more problems for their trade under imperial rule, while the Republic does not support their trade, under their rule there are far more lanes of business. All of this is written numerous times into SW lore, so in the sense of SW immersion, it's exactly how it usually is in the SW universe.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

75% of the SWTOR population agrees with this list.

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by Golelorn

I played Republic at first, then switched to Empire. Yes, there are tons more people playing. However, after seeing the type of people attracted to Empire I had to switch back to Republic.

Now, this may just be due to so many more people playing Empire vs. Republic. Or a combination of the certain people who will be attracted to Empire(teenaged lonely hateful emos) and there are so many they are bound to bicker with each other nonstop.

The sad thing is this is on a RP server. I wish a game dev would have the balls to enforce some modicum of common sense on RP servers. RP servers used to be a respite from the idiots, but its like the idiots found this out and have to flock there to ruin the atmosphere. And, yes, one is an idiot who rolls on an RP server, makes an idiotic name, and then goes to general chat to talk about everything except SWTOR.

I play on one of the pvp/rp servers and I've seen no difference between either side as far as demeanor of the players goes. Both sides of the chat are bad and getting worse, I end up keeping General Chat off until I need to get into a group for a Flashpoint.

• DurrayDurray Member UncommonPosts: 182

TYPO in point 4 

"A New Hope we meet the Jawa and they blast R2 with lighning and carry him away like a dead body,"

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Sounds like they implemented it like cryptic implemented the kdf in sto.
    Hahahaha/cry
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Empire is just more fun to play.  Republic is so boring it hurts.  Source: Me have a 50 of each side.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Yeah threads like this are totaly needed! Not.

Empire Ilum zergs inc!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

This is why on most servers Empire outnumber Republic 50 to 1

• TROLL_HARDTROLL_HARD Member Posts: 312

for sho then agent has the BEST ship in game

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

(/quote)

I played Republic at first, then switched to Empire. Yes, there are tons more people playing. However, after seeing the type of people attracted to Empire I had to switch back to Republic.

Now, this may just be due to so many more people playing Empire vs. Republic. Or a combination of the certain people who will be attracted to Empire(teenaged lonely hateful emos) and there are so many they are bound to bicker with each other nonstop.

The sad thing is this is on a RP server. I wish a game dev would have the balls to enforce some modicum of common sense on RP servers. RP servers used to be a respite from the idiots, but its like the idiots found this out and have to flock there to ruin the atmosphere. And, yes, one is an idiot who rolls on an RP server, makes an idiotic name, and then goes to general chat to talk about everything except SWTOR.(/quote)

It's been my experience in MMOs that the "bad" side is most often played by mid agre people. Generally speaking, Younger people just can't picture themselves as "bad."

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by tank017

The same was true in the Movies.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Originally posted by Ahnog

Heh.... excellent point.... people playing Republic should appreciate the realism the game provides in this regard.

I'm conflicted, still haven't decided what side/class I'll want to play once I finally get in the game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShazkneeShazknee Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Meridion

No way...

In this game, Sith are ridiculously angry emo-goths with deep seated emotional problems, "you talk when you're talked to, I'm in charge here" -  so you're in charge huh, uuuh, cry some more, baby *rolleyes*.

Real superiority is wearing a brown ragged robe, giving everything to charity and owning a guy in the face and telling him afterwads that he still has much to learn.

Plus, Gunslinger dual blaster Smuggler is about 100 million times cooler than any of the Imp classes.

All in all, Imperial is a kids choice in my book, and that's after I had tried all imperial tutorial making it to level 18 with a bounty hunter...

M

Good lord, so people are judged, purely on what side they play in SWTOR? You honestly sound like a kid to me.

I'm 39, have 3 kids, work 9 hours a day and spend alot of time with my kids and wife, and I play Empire, I guess I need to inform my family, that I have turned into a "Emo goth teenager" as you put it.

My entire guild is made up of people who are parents, we are extreme casuals, and all play Empire *GASP* I'm sure alot of them will be delighted to be called a Teen.

In the end, you just can't judge thousands of people, on what side of the fence they're playing on, people who do so, needs a serious reality check, what am I if I make a republic player, and play my Empire and Republic characters? a mature intellectual goth teenager?

People choose sides for various reasons, only ignorants would claim to know all theese reasons, and you really have to be out there, if you think there is only 1 reason, like you obviously think there is.

My advice to you sir/mam, grow up.

• LowcaianLowcaian Member Posts: 265

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by Lowcaian

So the Sith Empire can't afford it's own uniformed shock troops but have to rely on a gang of freelancers? Not much of an empire.

BH belongs with the empire as much as smuggler belongs with the republic. Immersion yeah right...

It's simple, the Sith are not about justified action, nor moral adherence. They'll pay BH's to hunt down rebels/ repubs, the republic is far less likely to use such means to meet an end.

Smugglers have a lot more problems for their trade under imperial rule, while the Republic does not support their trade, under their rule there are far more lanes of business. All of this is written numerous times into SW lore, so in the sense of SW immersion, it's exactly how it usually is in the SW universe.

I disagree. BHs are amoral mercs. They will work for anyone if the price is right, empire, republic, underworld bosses, corps even private citizens. In the EU we have seen examples of this, the empire (palps) does not have an exclusive contract with them. BH and Smuggler should be in a third underworld faction. I distinctly remember palpatines empire having their own troops and not just one kind of troops either. Even in the new novels the Sith Empire has its own troops.

Yes BH working for the empire(among others) is canon, BH working exclusively for the empire and the empire having only BH as troops is not.

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

You forgot the biggest reason: the Empire community!

Ok, maybe that's not a point in favor of...

I'll go back to my "handful of pebbles" vs your force lightning. Or maybe I'll toss a septic tank at you.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Ahnog

It had a purpose in the movies..

in a game it means theres something wrong.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Originally posted by Samhael

You forgot the biggest reason: the Empire community!

Ok, maybe that's not a point in favor of...

I'll go back to my "handful of pebbles" vs your force lightning. Or maybe I'll toss a septic tank at you.

From my experience, the Empire community is a billion times better. The vast majority of empire players on my main server - Nightmare Lands is really helpful and mature. On the other hand, on The Harbinger where I made my republic alt to play with some ex-guildies.... it was full of 'barrens chat' - their term, not mine, Chuck Norris and immature morons spouting profanities.

This might just be variation from server to server, but on pretty much every MMO I have ever played, the 'good side' has been the immature bunch, and SWTOR isnt breaking the trend for me. Honestly if I wasnt on that side to hang out with friends I would delete that character.

• motersmoters Member UncommonPosts: 73

being evil is fun in tor

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987

Originally posted by Shazknee

Originally posted by Meridion

No way...

M

Good lord, so people are judged, purely on what side they play in SWTOR? You honestly sound like a kid to me.

I'm 39, have 3 kids, work 9 hours a day and spend alot of time with my kids and wife, and I play Empire, I guess I need to inform my family, that I have turned into a "Emo goth teenager" as you put it.

My entire guild is made up of people who are parents, we are extreme casuals, and all play Empire *GASP* I'm sure alot of them will be delighted to be called a Teen.

In the end, you just can't judge thousands of people, on what side of the fence they're playing on, people who do so, needs a serious reality check, what am I if I make a republic player, and play my Empire and Republic characters? a mature intellectual goth teenager?

People choose sides for various reasons, only ignorants would claim to know all theese reasons, and you really have to be out there, if you think there is only 1 reason, like you obviously think there is.

My advice to you sir/mam, grow up.

Haha, touche.

Also +1