Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can you find a bad review for this game ? because I can't

Comments

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394

Why does there need to be a "review" by someone or site that is deemed "important"?  We all know they are just people as well, and most likely not as truly into any game as we would be (the gamers).  They spend what....10 - 15 hours "reviewing" a game, in some cases (I know of a site) they spend 10-15 minutes "reviewing" and think they can say what a game is or isnt.....does that persons view make it any more/less true?  WE are the gamers....I would think our voice is the one that matters the most. 

What sucks is, when people dislike somthing, they speak up....but hardly when they love it (probably because their busy PLAYING the game).  You can take it with a grain and make your own decision....in the end, what you think is all that matters. 

I'm not sticking up for or putting down the game....I just think people need to stop reading other peoples reviews, and start thinking for themselves....ya know, like back in the day!

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

So from the last couple pages or so it seems the genre is where its going to remain? Devs will continure to shovel the same shit they have been shoveling for ten years and we either get on board or will be labled, haters and idiots?  I just saw last week that movie box office reciepts were lower than they have been in 16 years. Why? Maybe because hollywood has been shoveling the same shit for the 16 years and people are tired of it?   As long as people will buy shit and cheer for more, shit is exactly what they are going to get.  Yeah I know its fully voiced shit so it doesnt smell as bad.

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

Originally posted by Rusty715

So from the last couple pages or so it seems the genre is where its going to remain? Devs will continure to shovel the same shit they have been shoveling for ten years and we either get on board or will be labled, haters and idiots?  I just saw last week that movie box office reciepts were lower than they have been in 16 years. Why? Maybe because hollywood has been shoveling the same shit for the 16 years and people are tired of it?   As long as people will buy shit and cheer for more, shit is exactly what they are going to get.  Yeah I know its fully voiced shit so it doesnt smell as bad.

Well part of the problem in the mmorpg genre is that we want a game like we had when we started, but we want it to be innovative too.

If it's too different we hate it and if it doesn't add all the stuff we're used to.. we hate it.  When you have those kinds of requirements you're going to get a lot of games that have lofty goals, but end up going no where. in terms of innovation.

Also.. the reason you get called haters is because people have obvious agendas (like the GW2 people who actively bash SWTOR).  In the end you're not smarter because you don't like something.  I'm sure you're thinking you're doing good, but at some point you became a hater.

Go to the link in my sig.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

I dont understand why people feel that you have to spend like 50+ hours minimum playing the game before you can ever bother to give an opinion.... what other game is like that...

Do you go to a resturaunt and eat all the food on your plate before you send it back for being burnt? You know... just to make absolutly sure its burnt so that no one says you didnt give the steak enough of a chance before you decalred it as burnt.

Here is some advice.... if you play through the first 10 or 15 levels of an MMORPG and find yourself  "on the fence" about its value.... It Sucks. There you go problem solved... 

I dont pay 60 dollars to "give something a chance" thats what free samples are for.

So for 60 bucks plus another 15 a month a game better have me by the balls right out the gate... 

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• ClerigoClerigo Member UncommonPosts: 400

Originally posted by Angier2758

Originally posted by Clerigo

Originally posted by oobla

Originally posted by Omni1rbb

Originally posted by chilliz

I couldnt find a bad review of WAR, Aoc, aion, Rift, etc etc............................then the shite hit the fan.

Ummmmmm no the shite never hit the fan.  All of those games you mentioned above are highly successful, with the execption being WAR (which was extremely successful for a time).

I'm sick of idiots and their doom and gloom mentality claiming everything to be a failure.  

I totally agree . What is it with people on the forums on this website . I've never seen so much hate for the genre . If people come on here to guage what a games like all you'll see people trying to destroy one game or another . I cant understand that mentality if you don't like mmos why play them ? I wonder why games companys invest in advertising here knowing thier product will be ripped apart . It could only take a few developers to remove thier advertising revenue and this whole site could come down like a house of cards .

I think thats where its heading sooner or later .

Its easy to call people an "idiot" just because they reach a point where they want for a new product to offer more and better than an old product...

...and you feel sad for game developers because they what invest on what and their product will be what apart??

Maybe consumers like yourself, that eats anything they put in front of you, are really the cornerstone of this economy, because of you no company feels the need to go up a notch on their efforts to launch a better product, why would they? Why spend more than they should crafting something better when they just can throw the same old stuff in there, pump up the graphics, add some salt and pepper and you will eat it just the same...hey, maybe the game eventually breaks down and servers will close, but they already have bags full of money on your account...and guess what? Rinse and repeat and couple of months later they do it all over again...and you buy it, play it and be happy and call other people that complain about the game an "idiot"...

Maybe you should be taking a good look at things before you post "blind" sentences.

And there are people like you who somehow think they are more intelligent because they don't like something others like.  As an IT person I can tell you why expecting more and more for each game is silly....

Scope creep.

Now you might be like well they should do something totally different instead of copying an old design so they don't have to add a laundry list of business requirements (or gamer requirements)...

I'd agree with you there, but we as a community would even be harsher on them.  Right now we expect everything WoW has and about 50% more for the game to be "worthy" and I don't think that's realistic.

Im going to reply only because you did so in a respectful way and actually said something worthy commenting on.

First, i dont consider myself to be more intelligent than other people when it comes to most average discussions. I do find however that this "with arms wide open" way of looking at things is geting a bit messy and i dont have to like it. I would prefer that people could at least try to make an effort to demand better prodcuts for they money. But you are right here, people are entitled to do as they want. Me, im looking the other way, wich i am also entitled to do so.

Second, i dont really think that demanding a game that costs around 60 euros and has a subscription of 12 euros per month to be better than a 6 or 7 year old game is asking for much. I wouldnt say to add 50% more of content, or innovations, or game design/mechanics, i do agree its unrealistic when you put it that way, but give at least an effort to try and make the game feel up the podium when comparing it to other games.

And SWTOR seems to have a good launch and is a finished product. What to say when you buy a new game, pay for it, and you install it and game is full of bugs its unplayable? Or you reach middle level cap and there is no more content? Or you try to enter a area and its impossible to go around there because it wasnt designed to hold that many people?

I dont have any doubt that, new and old players alike, are enjoying the game. I have no doubt also that if i had not played alot of mmos i would be enjoying it as well, but what i do know is that SWTOR doesnt throw anything new at gamers that justifies giving that kind of money, just for the likings of playing a SW game and having fun with a lightsaber.

Im not paying more to do the same i did in WAR or LotRO or whatever, but with a lightsaber (its cool yes i know, but i wont anyway). Thats my way of looking at things. Maybe not perfect, but its how i see it.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Well part of the problem in the mmorpg genre is that we want a game like we had when we started, but we want it to be innovative too.

If it's too different we hate it and if it doesn't add all the stuff we're used to.. we hate it.  When you have those kinds of requirements you're going to get a lot of games that have lofty goals, but end up going no where. in terms of innovation.

Also.. the reason you get called haters is because people have obvious agendas (like the GW2 people who actively bash SWTOR).  In the end you're not smarter because you don't like something.  I'm sure you're thinking you're doing good, but at some point you became a hater.

Im not a GW2 fan. In fact other than D3 there isnt an online game in the near future that holds any interest for me at all. I know, D3 is basically a single player game we are forced to play online. That fact only reinforces how sad the MMO genre is at this time. I knew a few years ago when I did the Aion beta  that things were not going to get better anytime soon. WOW and a few of the clones (lack of a better description) have made too much money for the devs to turn their backs on the formula.Even the failed clones, AOC and Warhammer come to mind, made enough money to be called profitable. I think why people are so full of venom about TOR is for the same reason I hate STO. What could have been is so far from what is  that people are upset. The fans of TOR just add fuel to the fire with " oh the little things arnt important" , " im sure BW will fix that soon" and the ever popular "go back to WOW" has reared its head a time or two as well. Maybe I expect to much? I do agree with you thought that people want something different, as long as its not to different, which does put devs in a precarious position.  

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Kreedz

If a mod is going to go through and edit posts with opinions or discussion on broader terms on a topic like this, why not just delete the whole thread and label it as inciteful.

Kind of strange what they decide to censor on this site sometimes...

We removed off-topic comments pertaining to Guild Wars 2. If you want to discuss Guild Wars 2 please do it in the appropriate forum(s). Thanks!

Hmm... and you apparently removed my post as well even though it had nothing to do with Guild Wars 2. I also did not flame or troll anyone.

Apparently pointing out that 0 and 1 point user reviews on metacritic are not fair is not allowed on this forum? I guess there was just too much truth in my post. You guys are getting pretty heavy-handed with your post deletes.

EDIT: Looks like I had my threads confused. My post was in another, nearly identical thread and is still there. It was not removed by the MMORPG mods. My mistake!

• ooblaoobla Member Posts: 87

{mod edit}
  • Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Blue:  That's asinine.  You are making it out that everyone who doesn't agree with you is called a hater because they have an agenda.  Many people who dislike SWTOR don't even have another MMORPG that they are playing nor looking at. 

Again, your statement asinine and is nothing more than false labeling.

• onehunerdperonehunerdper Member Posts: 837

Rift....Honestly, nuff said...

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Originally posted by Vato26

[Mod Edit]

I actually do hate EA, because I love the Internet. Yes this makes Angier correct to some degree {mod edit}

• mackdawg19mackdawg19 Member UncommonPosts: 842

The game is that, just a game. As to the issue with Gamepro there is none. Look anyone can give a review. You dont need to spend hundreds of hours playing a game or be established in the game. I can log into any game right now and get a feel of the game within 15-20 minutes. People sitting here saying 15 hrs isnt long enough are crazy. Do you see food critics in restraunts ordering the whole menu? Do you see car magaziines test driving every chevy cobalt made? 15 hours is plenty of playtime in the game to give a review. Plus the starter area is suppose to be the hook of the game. If the game doesnt hook you by then, whats the point of playing the rest. Put it this way, if I can test drive a car in 15 mins and know if I like it or not, If I can eat a bite of a steak and know if its good, then I can test a game in 15 hrs time or even 1 hour and know its a game for me. 

• JookboxJookbox Member Posts: 29
  • Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by moosecatlol

[Mod Edit]

I actually do hate EA, because I love the Internet. Yes this makes Angier correct to some degree {mod edit}

Actually, no it doesn't.  He's just grouping everyone that he doesn't agree with into a false lable because its easier that way.  It's both lacking in factual basis and intellectually dishonest.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by moosecatlol

[Mod Edit]

Actually, no it doesn't.  He's just grouping everyone that he doesn't agree with into a false lable because its easier that way.  It's both lacking in factual basis and intellectually dishonest.

True story.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

I like how there apparently are GW2 people, haters, SWTOR fanboys, WoW basher etc. It must be very convinient if your fellow humans fit that neatly into those labeled boxes people prepared.

You know couple years ago it was possible to like/dislike something without requirering a membership in some conspiracy ring. But that probably was before the internet, nvm.

One thing in want to bring up though. people keep saying the graphics are fine as they are. Nice! Considering the high resolution textures are not even working and we are only seeing the medium ones. How nice will it be to get "higher quality resolutions for the whole game" as a feature of the first expansion ... Or maybe, since they are removing the med setting, there will be a new very high setting in the future ....

• LoviotorLoviotor Member UncommonPosts: 16

Actually, they are working out the kinks and bugs in the graphics settings, and patching them as they get them ready for live... On the test server they already have AA enabled as an option and a few other things they're working on for the settings in game.  You can also edit the file in the folder (do a google search on "increasing graphical quality of SWTOR" and you'll find a few links to how to do this, I'm not going to rehash this argument here.)

The only complaint I have had with SWTOR so far is the fact that the UI is static in place, I like to move my ui elements around where they are comfortable for me.  For me, gameplay is smooth, the quests make sense and have decent rewards for the difficulty and bugs will be worked out in time for areas that I've run into issues.

In general, I have seen many people bash the game, instead of offering any kind of constructive criticism about what they would change about the game.  Game developers and distributors do it for the money, and if their customers aren't happy, they will make attempts to satisfy the customers that are most vocal with constructive feedback about issues with the games.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.  Enough people complain or offer constructive feedback about things they think would improve the game for themselves (and many times others), and the company will, more than likely, look into possibilities revolving around the feedback that they receive.

I'm not a fanboi, though I do like the game, but I also like many other games.  Instead of bashing games that they don't like, people really should concentrate on playing and promoting those that they do like.  Negative press is still press and gets attention on the game.  Those who bash games remind me of politicians, especially in an election year, where they simply bash each other for 9 months prior to election day.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Lets hope they add a high quality texture pack on the avatars to replace all the low quality textures on virtually every single piece of armor.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Originally posted by Omb1

There not called reviews anymore, but marketing scams. ty come again.

THIS

All these gamer magazines would be stupid to write really bad reviews since they are living from this branche...especially when big companies are releasing big titles. Manipulation exists in every branch and I give a damn about reviews since so many games got overhyped.

• KidonKidon Member UncommonPosts: 399

If it seems like an orange, feels like an orange and tastes like an orange maybe it is a an orange.... so SWTOR is awsome with room for improvement, it is all in the hands of BW and the content in the test server is a first good step.

• ooblaoobla Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by spizz

Originally posted by Omb1

There not called reviews anymore, but marketing scams. ty come again.

THIS

All these gamer magazines would be stupid to write really bad reviews since they are living from this branche...especially when big companies are releasing big titles. Manipulation exists in every branch and I give a damn about reviews since so many games got overhyped.

Its a conspiracy lol I do love a good conspiracy .

Good theory but how do you explain decent reviews from major newspapers none of which thrive or survive on advertising revenue from games developers .

And how do you explain gamer magazine bad reviews for large developers on single player games .

Like all conspiracys they fall apart under closer scurtiny.

Heres a shocker maybe there are no bad or mediocre reviews because its actually a decent game .

A couple of thousand people have looked at this thread I would think its fair to say theres got to be a few of them have to hate ToR and would love to find a bad review and link it .Thus far all we have is a youtube clip which isn't a review and one by someone who openly admits they are a disgruntled Galaxies fan .

Keep searching . I'm suprised myself that no ones managed to come up with anything more substantual than this or even a mediocre review .

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by drbaltazar

y agreed 15 hour they saw what starting area?lolit is like judging wow on their starting area?lololo!i laughed so hard !there is alost nothing to see in starting area it is a tutorial almost in all game!

sooooo... how many hours do you think were played by the people that gave TOR a good review? lmfao... probably about 15 hours or so. because 15 hours is PLENTY of time to review a game. 15 hours play time is more than 2 hours a night for a full week. if you play a game for that long i would say that you have a pretty good idea of whether or not you like it. i know i do. the "oh you have to give the game TIME to get good!" or "the game STARTS at 50 which takes 200+ hours to reach!" is COMPLETE bullshit. a 15 hour playtime review is sufficient.

PS: if it take MORE than 15 hours to get interesting... your game sucks. FYI.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Was this here already?

Or does this apply as a review? It wasn't actually a bad one, but quite balanced read.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by StSynner

y agreed 15 hour they saw what starting area?lolit is like judging wow on their starting area?lololo!i laughed so hard !there is alost nothing to see in starting area it is a tutorial almost in all game!

sooooo... how many hours do you think were played by the people that gave TOR a good review? lmfao... probably about 15 hours or so. because 15 hours is PLENTY of time to review a game. 15 hours play time is more than 2 hours a night for a full week. if you play a game for that long i would say that you have a pretty good idea of whether or not you like it. i know i do. the "oh you have to give the game TIME to get good!" or "the game STARTS at 50 which takes 200+ hours to reach!" is COMPLETE bullshit. a 15 hour playtime review is sufficient.

Yes because getting to the 2nd zone with 8-10% of your abilities and/or skill tree unlocked is an accurate reflection of how any class in any game played operates.

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

Originally posted by Forumtalker

Originally posted by StSynner

Yes because getting to the 2nd zone with 8-10% of your abilities and/or skill tree unlocked is an accurate reflection of how any class in any game played operates.

A) it's called a "review" ... not a guide.

B)you didnt answer the question. how many hours do you think the positive reviewers played? 15? 25? 50? 100? 200?  because by your logic... you CANT give an honest review unless you have played the entire game... sorry, this is just not true. i know crap when i see it. 

"I have studied this material for HUNDREDS of hours... rolled it around in my hands... smelled of it... tasted it... and i have determined beyond a shadow of a doubt that... YES!, this is IN FACT fecal matter!"

the same can be said about a mediocre game. i dont have to play for weeks or months to decide that it IS a mediocre game and that i WILL drop it at the first sign of life from ANYTHING else.

but then... maybe i am simply more in touch with what i DO and what i DONT enjoy. :/ ...must be my breeding...