Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game worth coming back to seriously?

VallistaVallista Member UncommonPosts: 282

I'm asking if this game is worth coming back to?  I haven't played for 2 years now.  My reason for leaving outside of college was, I believe blizzard went away from it true concept when the game first came out.  I left at a time where there was no difference between factions.  Pvp server turned into pve and the list goes on.  I played rift and it was good for the month but I still like wow.  No, this is not my first mmo, if you must know daoc was my first love, however wow did have good memories as well.  

Comments

• Dekarx12Dekarx12 Member UncommonPosts: 380

I had great memories to from vanilla wow even BC but beyond that nothing... straight up no from me

• VallistaVallista Member UncommonPosts: 282

really?  I played off and on til wolk, I'm really want to get into a mmo and maybe wow could be it or do I just hang up and go to swtor?

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

i would suggest you go give rift a free trial, and considering that its dirt cheap currently,

as long wow player, i can honestly say rift have way more content to offer than wow,

• this is just me, but i stopped playing WoW in Feb '11 and resubbed again in Sept. i did a 3 month sub because i thought i would enjoy it for a lil bit on off nights. i was in game for a week part time and was insta geared. i couldn't believe it, but the game felt even easier then it was when i had left the first time. i was really disapointed with my 3 month sub so i emailed blizz CS and asked for them to change my 3 month sub to 1 month as i wasn't happy with the quality of my purchase and wanted a partial refund for part of my remaining time. i got a cut and paste email saying all sales are final.

i wont give blizz money for WoW again. my friends who still play are pissed off about all the recent and upcoming changes, and almost none of my guild will be playing when MoP comes out. almost all of them are planning on trying SWTOR and Rift failry soon.

• Originally posted by Smikis

i would suggest you go give rift a free trial, and considering that its dirt cheap currently,

as long wow player, i can honestly say rift have way more content to offer than wow,

Rift is where i landed. it's why i canceled my WoW sub in the first place. very happy with this themepark when i thought i was burnt out on the genre.

damn so I should retire for good then?  I'm kinda shock that the game got worst.  People be honest, is the faction vs faction pointless now?  I know once they got rid of world pvp and went to mini arenas I was asking myself, "is there a point to picking faction?"  is that still true?

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Find another game, wow is slowly dying and many more are planning to leave before MoP is released (because it looks shite).  Many guilds have moved to Rift or TOR already, including well known top guilds.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by NasherUK

Find another game, wow is slowly dying and many more are planning to leave before MoP is released (because it looks shite).  Many guilds have moved to Rift or TOR already, including well known top guilds.

I'm sorry but that is a personal opinion made into a sweeping one!?!

But, Vallista, in answer to your question i would guess that you would not enjoy the game as it is now. The changes in the game have never bothered me a huge amount, but i am not a hardcore raider or PvP'er and it seems that PvP is where your interest lays and it is now even further away from vanilla than when you left. I too do miss the old AV and especially things in open world like Crossroads raids etc in PvP, but again as most of my interest are PvE and social it wasn't a game breaker when these things died out.

If you want a taste, grab a free to L20 account and have a word with some people as neither I or anyone else here can give you your own opinion, but given what you have said i would doubt you will be impressed.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

thanks everyone for the input.  I have some things to think about.  

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

i came back for the LFR and new content.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Depends on why you really left. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me. I played til WotLK came out and always get the urge to try it out again when I get frustrated with whatever else I'm playing (TOR). But then I stop and think if I would really stay playing "WoW" (if you want to call it that still) for more than a week and I don't go back.

You should check out Dominus, that game is looking to be a successor to DAOC

• Lost_BothanLost_Bothan Member Posts: 27

It really depends on why you left orginally and point of view. The guilds i had toons in when i had to break from the game still went on and kept my toons with them. I was pleasently surprised at still having friends to come back to. If you do end up playing again feel free t drop me a PM and if your on the same realms as i am i could help you get back into the swing of things if you need any help.

If you have friends still playing you could always seek them out and that does help too.

edit : Pvp wise i couldnt say but i do see a number of people in battlegrounds lately within the guilds im in, ive run across a few areas where ive come across a few pvpers in open areas. Recently i ran across an orc and troll in duskwood on one of my toons and they were pvp flagged. im not much of a pvper but was an interesting encounter for my lower level toon lol

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Honestly, I played WoW for years. Unless you plan on playing through Kung Fu Pandarian asian themed expansion and collecting some pokemon. I'd say WoW has jumped the shark during WOTLK but people clung to it during cataclysm and by the time panda invasion takes places - will flee like rats.

Not that it will die but its definately showing its age now.