Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did they pull the plug, servers down and no news!

I dont know if they have pulled the plug on the game, but servers been down all day and no news from officials! Or they have noone on it in the weekend. But no news from the officials gives a bad taste! So Master Metz, whats going on?

Comments

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Maybe they went to the Texans game and figured the servers would get by on autopilot.

I would say if they were going to shut the game down for good, they would at least give a heads up but they haven't exactly been known for their communication recently.

Hopefully by tomorrow the servers will be back up or someone from HI will come on here and say what's up.

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

I wonder what they mean with continued support, if they cant even keep their servers up.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BeachcomberBeachcomber Member Posts: 535

Originally posted by Loktofeit

Cool story, bro.

why did you linnk an irrelevant post with a stupid comment ?

• Master_MetzMaster_Metz Member Posts: 15

Gods and Heroes is back up and no we are not pulling the plug. If anyone was affected by the downtime in ANY way I encourage you to contact Support (at) Godsandheroes.com and we will add additional free time to your account no questions asked. Thank you and have a great week. 

Thanks,

Metz - Associate Producer - Gods and Heroes: Rome Rising

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

Well can't argue with this post. Timely update and also offered compensation. Hopefully this is the beginning of reestablishing trust and support from the current fanbase and then maybe expanding to former players. Having the server go down for that long of time is a little troubling but at this point it sounds like the staffing is very limited.  I remember an earlier post about the person that monitors the servers works 7 days a week with no relief. Again as players you can't make that our problem but this is a pretty understanding community especially considering all they have been put through the last few months.

Its a nice move from them, but its damage control! They wherent there in the weekend to fix it, so it was out along time and with no info! Thats troubling! Specially in this flooded market. I only hope that big, great, fantastic, overwhelming news comes soon or else there wont be much left. Guild Wars 2 is coming and you dont need to pay per month for it!

But again, a nice gesture from HI, but its just damage control, or else he wouldnt offer a week extra for 2 days out.

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by jungleninja

Its a nice move from them, but its damage control! They wherent there in the weekend to fix it, so it was out along time and with no info! Thats troubling! Specially in this flooded market. I only hope that big, great, fantastic, overwhelming news comes soon or else there wont be much left. Guild Wars 2 is coming and you dont need to pay per month for it!

But again, a nice gesture from HI, but its just damage control, or else he wouldnt offer a week extra for 2 days out.

No matter what they do you find a problem with it. Why dont you find a new game to play instead of spending your life complaining about this one.

Originally posted by travamars

Originally posted by jungleninja

No matter what they do you find a problem with it. Why dont you find a new game to play instead of spending your life complaining about this one.

Nope, not totally true. I have no problem when they give updates, etc. Or stuff worth 9,99 a month.

But I do play other games: SWTOR, AOC, LOTRO, AOEO, etc. So.....this is just sports! ;)

Master Metz, did you know, that by not answering specific questions, you are just pushing the last very, very few players from your game and the ones willing to come back also away? I mean, you do reply to non specific questions, that have nothing to do with the game, like deleting posts, making jokes, etc. But not to the game. I really feel sorry for you. But as on the official forums is said, noone believes in HI anymore! The last info was in october and the last patch was in september?

We had the most posts from Master Metz in ages and what does he do? Make jokes! Lol! Master Metz, did you see the reply the OP did? The real joke would be you to finally come open on your game! We all know what the coming news is! Its that you will close down! Yes, we already know that!

If it doesnt, why dont you come with news! I would gladly take a lifetime sub on gods and heroes if you would have put in all the stuff you promised! But 4 months with no news, no updates, only bad and sick joking around? That sucks major time! Alot of lifetimers feel screwed and they didnt even like it! What have you to say to them?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

You do realize that sometimes game companies take servers down for maintenance and don't tell anyone, right? For all you know, maybe the power went out where the servers are. 

Originally posted by Moirae

You do realize that sometimes game companies take servers down for maintenance and don't tell anyone, right? For all you know, maybe the power went out where the servers are. 

Yep, I know this happens, but not in the weekend and without any kind of info. Its just not nice to do.

But you and I both know this isnt what occured. They had an outage and just had noone on the server watch. Thats why they saw it on monday!