Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wakfu: Cra Gameplay Trailer

2»

Comments

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

And game is flash based, as you play the game you will see things like dorrhandles actually move when ya shut the door...cats playing wit hhairballs or butterflies...lots little nuances that give wakfu and dofus as well its stamp on the mmo game world. 

• AmithaAmitha Member UncommonPosts: 1

FF Tactics MMO or am I wrong?

• StormbowStormbow Member UncommonPosts: 201

Looks exactly like Dofus.

• PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053

Originally posted by JthX

Originally posted by Phelcher

Whats with the hate and the " MMORPG.COM should be embarrassed". You should be embarrassed. If you think a mmo needs to have bf3 graphics to be good then you don't know anything about this genre. Ultima Online has simliar graphics and to this day is still one of the best mmos in my book. This game looks awesome. Can't tell till i try it but it reminds me of FFT. I LOVE! the charm these mmos have graphically. Colorful and full of imagination.

Hope this game is good. I'll be playing.

My little friend..

I didn't mention graphics, so I have no idea what you are talking about. It offers Fisher Price gameplay..   The fact that it is isometric 3D is a design decision, has nothing to do with gameplay. Thus a 2D game with same mechanics is viable when cross referencing games that are much older, that these newer games are just rip-offs of.

Served up "cutsie" so children get hooked. But honestly, what adult wants to deal with a turn based game with strategy like that? Who does the game server? What demographic?.

Go play Warlord and tell me that it doesn't offer much more.

My litle friend..

My hole post wasn't directed to you. None of it i guess but your own words i quoted. That was directed at alot of negitive comments i read.But how could you say they should be embarressed for covering a game you don't think is a good game. And what does Warlord offers more have to do with this game?

And this Adult likes that kinda gameplay. Anyone who has ever played Final Fantasy Tactics would enjoy such a game.

Because the game is not a MMORPG...

It is a turned based game based on GRAPHICS... where a game like Warlords (22 years old) offers superior strat & challenge. Should I buy the rights to it, modernize it and make it isometric 3D and sell it as a MMORPG..?  Wakfu is less than a RTS, because it is turned based...  (And RTS's, are not MMORPG's..)

Its absurd & laughable...^^

This website will take anyone's advertisements.. then slowly start offering free beta keys, etc.. then all of a sudden they appear on the MMORPG.com beta list, even if the game is just any online game.. 

MMORPG.com could be advertising Amazons Kindles, or Gaming Mice, etc.... instead it is always the same gimmick & motive... of some cheaply made asian grinder, that pays MMORPG.com $5k to float their cheaply made arcade game Advertisement Banner.

It utterly hilarious to watch this take place every month & watch MMORPG.com not even hold the bar. I've commented to the lead Moderator and editor about their journalistic integrity. At least they now put people's names on the articles who posted them. But this site has a long way to go before it is credible, with credible writers who are not writing for a Companies, but about them.

My adult friend saw that video and also laughed at it... he said: "The age cut-off for such a game would be about 13. I cannot imagine anyone older wanted to spend any amount of time playing with digital barbie dolls, that can't even do the same things as Barbie dolls in a modern derived game can do. Definately a limmited game, definnatly a children's game." 

What he meant was... who would play this limited game(?), what is it draw? What adult is going to spend 3 hours of their life playing such a remedial game?  Specially when there other games out there, that offer so much more."

Coincidentally, Adults have incomes...  

They can afford to spend $50 month on adventure. (Hand gliding, motorsports, bar hopping, traveling, gasoline, etc) So again, how does a FREE turned-based game facinate an adult?  It is adolcent people who need, or are facinated by free junk..!  Simply because, they have no income... therefore must  beg, borrow or steal to support activites that have a cost accociated with them.  Can u imagine a commercial for Wakfu @ the movies like they did for BF3..? ( No.. u cannot, because the game is not aimed at adults, but adolecence.)

None of these "Ninny-Nanny" free to play games are within the perview of an adult gamer. 

(Who? I would love to hear your demographic)  Why would an adult attempt to fit this game into his daily schedule & not some other game that has more redeeming qaulities..? How does Wakfu entice an adult thinking mind?

Subscription cost is not a problem for Adults, so why would an adult lower their standards and take up valuable time, to play a game that has no redeeming qualities or value? Is Wakfu going to be the same game u play next year? If not, then why invest ANY time into a character you don't see yourself playing next month..?

Adults think of cause & effect. Not just... needs & wants 

Don't get me worng...   if I had a child that needed something to do, or was begging me to play..  I think Wakfu would entice and enthrall them for a couple of hours as entertainment nightly... but so does minecraft. 

Honestly though, adults can play Shoots & Ladders too, it doesn't make it an adult game. Who here, thinks Wakfu is the game of choice if you were given one MMORPG to play for the next 10 months? (Then why defend, or brag about it?) Just accept the cheap gameplay for what it is... a stepping stone for more mature MMORPG's.

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• BoonshniggleBoonshniggle Member Posts: 48

Whats with the hate and the " MMORPG.COM should be embarrassed". You should be embarrassed. If you think a mmo needs to have bf3 graphics to be good then you don't know anything about this genre. Ultima Online has simliar graphics and to this day is still one of the best mmos in my book. This game looks awesome. Can't tell till i try it but it reminds me of FFT. I LOVE! the charm these mmos have graphically. Colorful and full of imagination.

My little friend..

I didn't mention graphics, so I have no idea what you are talking about. It offers Fisher Price gameplay..   The fact that it is isometric 3D is a design decision, has nothing to do with gameplay. Thus a 2D game with same mechanics is viable when cross referencing games that are much older, that these newer games are just rip-offs of.

Served up "cutsie" so children get hooked. But honestly, what adult wants to deal with a turn based game with strategy like that? Who does the game server? What demographic?.

My litle friend..

My hole post wasn't directed to you. None of it i guess but your own words i quoted. That was directed at alot of negitive comments i read.But how could you say they should be embarressed for covering a game you don't think is a good game. And what does Warlord offers more have to do with this game?

And this Adult likes that kinda gameplay. Anyone who has ever played Final Fantasy Tactics would enjoy such a game.

It is a turned based game based on GRAPHICS... where a game like Warlords (22 years old) offers superior strat & challenge. Should I buy the rights to it, modernize it and make it isometric 3D and sell it as a MMORPG..?  Wakfu is less than a RTS, because it is turned based...  (And RTS's, are not MMORPG's..)

Its absurd & laughable...^^

This website will take anyone's advertisements.. then slowly start offering free beta keys, etc.. then all of a sudden they appear on the MMORPG.com beta list, even if the game is just any online game.. 

MMORPG.com could be advertising Amazons Kindles, or Gaming Mice, etc.... instead it is always the same gimmick & motive... of some cheaply made asian grinder, that pays MMORPG.com $5k to float their cheaply made arcade game Advertisement Banner.

It utterly hilarious to watch this take place every month & watch MMORPG.com not even hold the bar. I've commented to the lead Moderator and editor about their journalistic integrity. At least they now put people's names on the articles who posted them. But this site has a long way to go before it is credible, with credible writers who are not writing for a Companies, but about them.

My adult friend saw that video and also laughed at it... he said: "The age cut-off for such a game would be about 13. I cannot imagine anyone older wanted to spend any amount of time playing with digital barbie dolls, that can't even do the same things as Barbie dolls in a modern derived game can do. Definately a limmited game, definnatly a children's game." 

What he meant was... who would play this limited game(?), what is it draw? What adult is going to spend 3 hours of their life playing such a remedial game?  Specially when there other games out there, that offer so much more."

Coincidentally, Adults have incomes...  

They can afford to spend $50 month on adventure. (Hand gliding, motorsports, bar hopping, traveling, gasoline, etc) So again, how does a FREE turned-based game facinate an adult?  It is adolcent people who need, or are facinated by free junk..!  Simply because, they have no income... therefore must  beg, borrow or steal to support activites that have a cost accociated with them.  Can u imagine a commercial for Wakfu @ the movies like they did for BF3..? ( No.. u cannot, because the game is not aimed at adults, but adolecence.)

None of these "Ninny-Nanny" free to play games are within the perview of an adult gamer. 

(Who? I would love to hear your demographic)  Why would an adult attempt to fit this game into his daily schedule & not some other game that has more redeeming qaulities..? How does Wakfu entice an adult thinking mind?

Subscription cost is not a problem for Adults, so why would an adult lower their standards and take up valuable time, to play a game that has no redeeming qualities or value? Is Wakfu going to be the same game u play next year? If not, then why invest ANY time into a character you don't see yourself playing next month..?

Adults think of cause & effect. Not just... needs & wants 

Don't get me worng...   if I had a child that needed something to do, or was begging me to play..  I think Wakfu would entice and enthrall them for a couple of hours as entertainment nightly... but so does minecraft. 

Honestly though, adults can play Shoots & Ladders too, it doesn't make it an adult game. Who here, thinks Wakfu is the game of choice if you were given one MMORPG to play for the next 10 months? (Then why defend, or brag about it?) Just accept the cheap gameplay for what it is... a stepping stone for more mature MMORPG's.

Whoa dude, you obviously knocked this without even trying it out. Ignorance at it's finest...geez....learn to be objective. Anyways, it's attractive to adults because of the very strategic gameplay. It being turn based makes things much more difficult and challenging, and so far it seems they did a very good job designing it and balancing it. I am almost 30 years old (I'm guessing that's older than you are) and I am having quite the good time. Plus the cutesy-ish graphics make my wife not mind playing it with me :)

If you played it you also wouldn't be saying that it doesn't clasify as an MMORPG, either. Just cause it's turn based means it can't be? It's a persistent world with players running around everywhere, and grouping up with others is mandatory at times and very easy to find people to do so. Heck, even the cities are run democraticaly where real players have to be elected to govenor, general, etc etc...

Do your research next time you go on an all out rant like this, you honestly made yourself sound stupid and ignorant.

• EdellEdell Member UncommonPosts: 23

My little friend..

My litle friend..

[...]

Oh wow ... someone has way too much free time on his hands.

I'm just going to say that you are wrong. Plenty of adults are playing this game. I'm an adult, I have my own company (= I make enough money for any kind of entertainment), I had the choice to either play Wakfu or SWToR, yet I prefered to stay on Wakfu because this game (which is a mmorpg, despite anything you might say) has some very interesting concepts.

But I admit it doesn't look as hardcore as your usual "video game for adults".

And the youtube commercials are pretty bad. Except this one ...

• omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21

the internet, so synical, why not just try the game? its in open beta

• SSJGotenx268SSJGotenx268 Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by coolgy

Im confused... MMORPG lists this as F2P but I keep hearing it will be sub based.... 

If it is F2P, i will likely give this a serious shot. Otherwise ill pass.

"WAKFU will launch as a free download from the official site at www.wakfu.com/na and include with it a large amount of gameplay content to experience at no cost. In addition, a monthly subscription fee of $6.00 will give players access to premium content, and a microtransaction–based store will allow users to purchase cosmetic items."

To answer your question. 

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235

i dont understand why so much hate for this game, it's a fun game tbh

So What Now?

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339

to the poster that said game is NOT a mmorpg your wrong the even the title of the game has the subtitle "tactical mmorpg"

• ForumTrollForumTroll Member Posts: 140

Plain and simple the game is an MMO. It relies on multiple players planting/re-resourcing the environment. Although i don't know if it still dependant on this mechanic. It is definitly not a mechanic needed in a game with a small playerbase. When you are playing the game you are playing a certain role. How well you play that role determines how well you do in the game. Just because it does not meet certain players expectations for an MMORPG does not exclude it from the list.

As far as whether it should be advertised on this site is soley up to the moderators of this site to decide something like that. If they want to branch out to a wider demographic, who are we to tell them they can't. Afterall your opinion would be obselete were this site never to have existed. Instead of pointing fingers at Moderators maybe we should spend more time thanking them. Considering there is so much traffic on this site and they manage to keep it pretty clean and inviting speaks volume's.

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."

• TheonenoniTheonenoni Member Posts: 279

is the game massive? yes. Is the game multiplayer? yes. Is it online? yes. MMO check.  Is there role-playing ? definitely(choices you make effect the world).  Its an MMORPG. 

-I am here to perform logic