Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here you go

For those claiming numbers are low and how the game is dead or going to die and low pop.

http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/

These guys show its a healthy game so  yea.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

Comments

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

i see atleast 1/3 decline across all realms when i look at montly pop.. you can sea it goin down

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

ROFL. A healthy facepalm maybe.

At least now we have the stats to show just how much its declining, I will bookmark it for next month to seewhen the 'free' month accts are deactiviated :)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

The server I have a toon on was always "Very heavy" to "full"  now its standard a lot of the time.So either people went off to other servers or they quit.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Originally posted by Fearmeirl

You just KNOW someone's going to post the Picard meme any minute now...... ;)

• FearmeirlFearmeirl Member UncommonPosts: 231

Originally posted by darwa

You just KNOW someone's going to post the Picard meme any minute now...... ;)

I'll be here waiting.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Haven't we gone over the fact numbers are trivial and easy to manipulate into your favor? A fanboy can see that and go "See its extremely popular!" While a hater can just as easily go "See its in decline, its failing." Numbers don't do anything.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

At least now we have the stats to show just how much its declining, I will bookmark it for next month to seewhen the 'free' month accts are deactiviated :)

300K to 600K in between that concurrent users is not bad its pretty healthy. Also I think you are right realistically we will have to wait until end of free month and a bit beyond that.

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

Originally posted by Smikis

i see atleast 1/3 decline across all realms when i look at montly pop.. you can sea it goin down

That is dropping surprisingly fast. Check out the yearly one, it drops so fast if I was working with EA/Bioware I'd be hitting the panic button about now. Really interested to see how that's going to read in a month or two.

• Omb1Omb1 Member Posts: 30

Did it ever occur to anyone that the reason it's declining is because the holiday's are over?

I'm not even playing this game because it doesn't interest me but there was probably more people playing it over the holiday's and the fact that there's no other MMO that came out this year. Have fun, ... ladies.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Originally posted by sammyeli

300K to 600K in between that concurrent users is not bad its pretty healthy. Also I think you are right realistically we will have to wait until end of free month and a bit beyond that.

That is a pretty big stretch and even FFXI has 350-500k subscribers after 10 years. Considering that i would say the release with such a huge fanbase was not really a success.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    I.hope, for.the sake.of this genre that tor can maintain the pop around 350k ,which is a good number.

so that its able to encourage companies to carry on to venture into mmo, thus hopefully brings about new ideas from them.

if every mmo after wow " fails " I.e around 100k or lesser subs , in the end we'll only have a few same old company that will only bring us the same things over and over again.

RIP Orc Choppa

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

Originally posted by taus01

Originally posted by sammyeli

That is a pretty big stretch and even FFXI has 350-500k subscribers after 10 years. Considering that i would say the release with such a huge fanbase was not really a success.

Concurrent users and number of subscribers IS NOT the same thing. To put it into a little bit of perspective at it's peak Eve Online has around the 300k range of subscribers but it's concurrent users rarely, if ever, maxed beyond 50k users. Granted in Eve Online you have a bunch of people with multiple accounts, but still your concurrent users are never going to be as high as sub numbers. I'd be interested to know what the ratio tends to be in MMOs between peak concurrent users and subscriber numbers.

• MetentsoMetentso Member UncommonPosts: 1,437

Holidays are over, and there has been maintenance going on the last days, so it's not clear it's going down. I would say it's stable, which means there is not a big influx of new players yet.

Also,  EA has not yet announced the 2M mark.

So far things are not looking great, just OK.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by taus01That is a pretty big stretch and even FFXI has 350-500k subscribers after 10 years. Considering that i would say the release with such a huge fanbase was not really a success.

1) Concurrent users and subscriber numbers are not the same.

2) FFIX is multi-platform, asian market focused MMO. It is not comparable.

3) Argument type of: "I have expectations Y and if a game does not meet my expectation Y, the game is fail." is not valid.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

You have to be blind to see that this game has no longetivity. I am enjoying the class story lines right now but after those I dont see anything keeping me playing this game.

PvP is shallow and boring.

Raiding is limited and boring.

There are very few persistant elements such as housing etc and the space gameplay is on rails so you cannot explore anything there.

2-3 months from now and I guarantee you we will have Standard/Light servers during peak hours.

• i'm not tryin to stir the pot here, but where i'm at everyone is still out of college till this monday. so everyone in my state is still on winter break. i don't know if all states are the same, but if so then that might make a differnce. i know some people took time off from work to hit swtor hard, but i would imagine those people played in beta, loved it, and are just back at work and playing when they get home.

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

It's going to go down, not all the people that buy it will want to play it for more than a month. What we usually see with any MMO is it loses about a third of the population of the initial box sales and based on if the game is good or not the months after that are either stable or the population declines so fast. I Most MMOs never gain populaation over time like WoW or EVE has done but SWTOR has the advantage of marketing and the Bioware name behind it. We wont be able to tell how the game will do until a few months time, though we'll get a clear idea when they charge for the first time.

I personally think it was a mistake not going F2P because if the game does die off quickly even if it goes F2P after that point people will still have the image of a failed game. I myself have no problems with paying monthly for a game, I just don't think SWTOR is worth it and have uninstalled already, got bored once I hit 50 and rolling ALTS is not fun seeing how linear it is.

• BarakIIIBarakIII Member Posts: 800

My earlier example of Eve Online in my previous post shows that they have roughly 6 times the number of subscribers as peak concurrent users. I'm going to guess that Eve is unique in that regard and that most MMOs subscribers are about double their peak concurrent users number. With that said you can extrapulate that TOR has roughly 1 million subscribers since it's peak concurrent users seems to be just shy of 600k. I may be doing TOR an injustice and being too conservative, but still that wouldn't be bad numbers.

• dubyahitedubyahite Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    This doesn't show a decline in subscribers, it shows a decline in concurrency.

Just because everyone is not playin at the same time doesn't mean they aren't still playing.

Concurrent users does not equal subscriptions. Of course peoples play time will fall off some after launch. Of course the play times will spread out a little more.

350,000 concurrent users is very healthy. We won't know about subs until they tell us how many subs there are. My guess is that they are waiting until the free month is over.

For better or worse, we will all know when they let us know. Until then, these kinds of measurements still show a very healthy game.

Again, this is concurrent users, not how many people play in a given day or how many subs there are. This is number of people logged in at any one time.

Shadow's Hand Guild
    Open recruitment for

The Secret World - Dragons

Planetside 2 - Terran Republic

Tera - Dragonfall Server

http://www.shadowshand.com

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

As long as they keep enough people playing to make a nice profit they'll be okay, this game won't go anywhere...BUT... EA does run the show and if EA wants this MMO to do better then Warcraft and it doesn't,that won't go well for Bioware.  EA loves destroying companies they buy.

I personally don't think its gonna go under, I just don't see it getting into the crazy millions of players imo.  I figured with all the Star Wars fans that are supposed to exist this would have bigger numbers then it currently has but i guess peoples guesses that the Hordes of Star Wars fans out there would play were off.

Still like i just said i don't think this game is going anywhere :D

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

They will not tell you how many subs they have except if they reach a new mile stone like 2 million.

And for most people there is a connection betweeen subscriptions and how many people log in.

I agree though that the starting data is skewed. 350 k concurrent users is cute, but then mmo developers stated that their highest concurrent data is always at the start of a game or expansion, as people are curious to explore the game.

A few months down the road I think about 20% log in at the same time anymore (prime time) and the rest spreads out more, with some people only playing a few hours a week. Would be interesting to know if swtor managed to get the casual market or if they mainly got the fanatic mmo addicts.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op dont bother!a lot of lobbiest are paid to make sure the game crash via forum like these!not only this game but most game!underhanded ya!.positive or negative review on the web means squat now a days cause 75% of it is lobbiest paid to make sure it crash or it do good!

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765

I agree the reviews now adays are full out negitive or full out positive, the media is just not what it used to be.

Carl Sagan-

• MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188

We're still in the first free month. Lets see 3-6 months down the road when new mmos start to release how the population is.

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

No one can realistically talk about numbers yet. We need to wait until at least the free month is over and people have to decide to pay again or not...

As with every MMO ever released, there will be a decline in numbers after the first month as people decide that for whatever reason the game is not for them.

We will also start seeing people leaving after they have got to cap, as happens in every MMO - some people just dont like raiding etc and prefer the levelling. HOWEVER, I think this number will be significantly lower than other MMOs because of the replayability of having 8 unique class stories meaning each time you play the game through its different. Its gonna take me a long time to play through all those classes....after that, we'll see. If endgame has impressed me enough then I'll stay around.

300k + concurrent users (all online at the same time) is an awesome figure though no matter how you look at it, and anyone that says otherwise probably doesnt understand what concurrent users means. 

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom