Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so whats the status of the game these days?

i saw the other thread saying pop was good but thats not my primary concern TBH

former volkmar desrto here, i hail from a time when warrior priests were aoe healing and dispelling while being beat on by 5 people, when 2 bright wizards with a healer were able to hold a keep against 20 people, and people wouldnt even bother attacking blackguards since they hit like a limp wristed frenchman. obivously this was awhile ago and im sure things have changed since then, my question is what.

have things been balanced out better or is order still facerolling to domination in rvr?

are people still pretty mucbh ignoring pve in t4? the slayer keep is one of my favorite PQs and it was like pulling teeth trying to get people to do it (this includes the higher end pve stuff as well).

are city sieges still, in 3 words, royally ****ed up? or do they actually work well? and is order just getting in there twice a day like in my time?

basically im trying to figure out if the game is fun for destro or is it an exercise in ulcer mangagement? id ask on the oficial forums but after spending half an hour resetting passwords and linking accounts it STILL wont let me post since i apparently needn an active account.

Comments

• roger82roger82 Member UncommonPosts: 23

Re-activated for my free 14 days the other day to check out the game again while waiting for SWTOR.

Keep in mind I play during what would probably be called Offpeak (Australian times) but I felt really sad to log on, run up a new character through the Empire/Chaos T1 zone (keep in mind this is the zone endless trialers are stuck to) seeing one singular other Order player. Getting to the RvR area and finding there was one singlular Destro player there.

Jumped onto one of my 40s, things seemed a *little* more busy there (in the sense there was actually people talking in chat).

A scenario popped (the temple one) and after about a minutes, order was stuck at the spawn point, with all the destro players camped down the bottom. Couldn't do any meaningful damage to anyone with their healers sitting at the back (the fact my guy was only like RR39 certainly didn't help) and anyone who dared jump down was focus fired dead in about 3 seconds. I just closed the client after that.

Since they released the pack you need to buy to unlock RR 81-100 (while speeding up Renown gain from 1 - 80, if you aren't at least high 70s, you might as well not even bother.

It was really sad, I remember having a heap of fun playing the game, but there was just so much wrong on release, its a pity it took so long to get stuff sorted out. I think if it was released as it is now, it might actually still have a decent subscriber base.

• MmocountMmocount Member Posts: 194

They're merging down to 1 US server and 2 EU (1 German) servers now so the pop thing being fine was obviously hogwash.

For the US one is semi-balanced and the otheris Order heavy, so it'll probably be order heavy from now on.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I'd stay away, honestly. Things have changed, but not for the better.

The game is basically a PvP hub now, and people 'grind' RvR in PvP mostly, instead of doing a mix of PvE/ PvP like the old days. This is largely because once you hit T4, you will be up against the new RvR pack (which isn't free), that grants new RR gear to players that makes the city siege gear look like a wet rag. The RR cap has been raised to 100, and RR gain has also been increased (so it is a bit easier to get to RR 40+), however it's basically grinding keeps / base trading for more or less the entire game, until T4. Noone does scenarios until T4, either, so that portion of the game is more or less dead.

There's also a black market vendor in the capital cities which will sell you the previous high lvl gear for gold. It's all about the RvR pack now.

• AnvilMAnAnvilMAn Member Posts: 33

wow i didnt realize things were that bad, looks like im going to reactivate RIFT then, only other MMO that looks like its worth it these days.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Things you should know about if you're seriously considering playing this game.

1. It has exploits, hacks and bugs that are still being used/not fixed.

2. Unbalanced fights. It's gear based/numbers based pvp/rvr. One side will most likely outnumber the other most of the time.

3. Hardly any players outside of prime times. This is before the transfers so will have to see how it goes afterwards.

4. It's very time consuming/tedious getting to renown rank 100 while having to "deal" with the 3 reasons I listed above.

5. Virtually no customer service or mods. If you report someone who is hacking nothing will happen.

For a pvp/rvr game that's made by a company that has prior experience with the genre they really did a piss poor job of thinking things through imo.

I am unsubbing tomorrow(after transfers) and I have been playing off and on since release.

I would not recommend this game to my worst enemy in its current state.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Wow, just took the 14-days returning offer and patching the game.

Looks like it's going to uninstall after brief try, regarding to what you guys say here but that's not the most appalling thing.

I had to set a subscibtion plan to get the offer (I can live with that, cancelled the second it started patching). What was outrageous was the price for one month. It's 15,99$+taxes. That's 18,98$ for 30-days!

Talk about milking the fans beyond any morality. Any game that gets older lowers their subscribtion prices, but no sirée. Not this game. Even if I happen to like the game once I get online, I refuse to pay such money per month for any game

I say, RIP WH:Online. You were killed by incompetency and greed.

• ThelowThelow Member Posts: 149

What? Cant you activate 14 comeback trial without subbing?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Thelow

What? Cant you activate 14 comeback trial without subbing?

There's a dummy code you can input instead of a time card to bypass it, there's a thread kicking around the WAR forum somewhere that tells you what it is.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Gorwe

Does a state similar to Nurgle's Plaguebearer count? Because it is SO putrid and SO undead. Stay away and let Warhammer: Fantasy IP finally pass from Evil Arts' grubby, greedy hands(ANYONE is better than EA-yes even ActiBlizz!). To stay in character: Purge the Unclean!

If you think that activision is any less "evil" then EA youve got a lot of learning to do.

EAs been going up over the years, wehre Activisions done nothing but go down.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by warmaster670

Does a state similar to Nurgle's Plaguebearer count? Because it is SO putrid and SO undead. Stay away and let Warhammer: Fantasy IP finally pass from Evil Arts' grubby, greedy hands(ANYONE is better than EA-yes even ActiBlizz!). To stay in character: Purge the Unclean!

If you think that activision is any less "evil" then EA youve got a lot of learning to do.

Yeah...Forget about having the best selling game and franchise of all time...there going down....

As for EA...there still using madden money to buy and destroy once prestigious companies like bioware and westwood...

EA is the Uwe Boll of video game publishers.

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by youngkg

Yeah...Forget about having the best selling game and franchise of all time...there going down....

As for EA...there still using madden money to buy and destroy once prestigious companies like bioware and westwood...

Yup, cause sales mean quality, thats why WoWs the best mmo ever and mcdonalds the best restaraunt ever.

Oh wait thats not how reality works. which company out of those 2 released 4 $15 map packs for there last game? it wasnt EA, thats for sure.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• MmocountMmocount Member Posts: 194

Yup, cause sales mean quality, thats why WoWs the best mmo ever and mcdonalds the best restaraunt ever.

Oh wait thats not how reality works. which company out of those 2 released 4 $15 map packs for there last game? it wasnt EA, thats for sure.

Lol, but if you could eat anywhere, and eat anything for the same price, then the one who sells the most would be 'the best' to a far greater extent, which, would you know it, the MMO world is like.

WAR is just as accessible and expensive as WoW, yet people vastly prefer WoW.  (probably because it actually got development, rather than ... nothing in WAR's case. Probably the worst case of return for sub fee ever)

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by youngkg

If EA were competent enough to release a game that people would pay to extend...they would shove it down there consumers throat in a heartbeat and youd be naive to think they wouldnt...

What do you think the 2 lead developers they hired from infinity ward are doing over at EA now?

EDIT: The funny part is Battlefield 3 announced an expac long b4 they actually released BF3...Soooo i would find it likely that BF3 just excluded some content from launch just so they could make some cash from the DLC and ironically enough COD has yet to release a dlc pack.