Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It will be easier to customize your character in DDO !!!!

allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Been playing DDO off and on for a year or so now ( few months total time ) and love the character customization abilities via Multiclassing / feats / enhancments.

That said, the enhancement UI is well, horrible to work with... seems they are fixing that !!! woot !!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=357100

Full text of developer post ( from that thread ) here:

Some of you might dismiss this as ‘fixing something that isn’t broken’ and that’s fine – it’s totally subjective – but, hey, I’m giving you a heads up just the same.

We hate the Enhancement UI. It’s been 4 years and I still cringe every time I see it, let alone use it. It does a poor job of letting players plan out character goals and you need the patience of a saint to use it. I could go on and on, but I won’t (feel free to use this thread to vent your frustrations with it if you share our opinion).

We’re re-doing it – replacing it with a tree-based design that should make character planning and advancement much better and also have the added benefit of making it easier for us to implement new enhancements (PrE’s anyone?). 

It will also be the foundation for some future work.

It does mean that when this goes live, all of you will have your enhancements reset and you will have to re-spend your action points. Some enhancements will remain the same, but many will be new. The changed enhancements will also help balance out many classes (think augmentation here, not nerfs). I appreciate that forced change can be very stressful and realize that this will be major inconvenience for those who don’t enjoy having to make a ton of decisions – especially when there are ‘new’ enhancements to digest, but have no doubt it will be worth it in the end. 

I hope that many of you will welcome this sort of change, but either way, feel free to share your thoughts and concerns. Again, I invite PMs for those who prefer to voice their opinions that way.

No challenge, no fun.

TZhis 

Comments

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Amazing job, just took them 4 years, in another 6 years or so I am expecting new dungeons with a new storyline that cant be soloed by a monk/cleric. They might even have some open world after 10 years maybe rather than having a waiting room/lobby called Stormreach.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

sounds awesome to me. I too hated the beginner area. It takes away from the fun. I'd love to see some damage enhancements to the rogue path to disable devices and traps, seems pretty weak. The combat animations could use a little work too swinging in the same way over and over in melee is just not visually pleasing.

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by cagan

Amazing job, just took them 4 years, in another 6 years or so I am expecting new dungeons with a new storyline that cant be soloed by a monk/cleric. They might even have some open world after 10 years maybe rather than having a waiting room/lobby called Stormreach.

I hear you... Honestly I never thought i would be interested in DDO because of the closterphobic feeling and heavy instanced approach...

That said, I am there for the multi-classing, its quite fun and the dungeons are still the best experience in MMOs...

I mean, where the hell did traps go ? Only DDO has em ? Why ? was always one of my favoirte parts of dungeons.

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

Originally posted by bugse82

is that a leak of the new design? I would love to know and will they be making damage enhancements and combat animation changes if you know please pass it on,

• bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184

it's official. here's explanation.

can't wait. :)

omg thanks alot! love what i'm reading so far!

• BesCirgaBesCirga Member Posts: 806

Hehe it is the same design they used in AC2 - I like it :)

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by itgrowls

Originally posted by bugse82

is that a leak of the new design? I would love to know and will they be making damage enhancements and combat animation changes if you know please pass it on,

yes there are updated shots on the DDO forums. 

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Is this game turn based? I hate those types of games.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Brodter

Is this game turn based? I hate those types of games.

DDO is not turnbased -- worth giving it a try

http://www.ddo.com/

the new UI looks good, more like talent trees