Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMO Predictions for 2012

124»

Comments

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Originally posted by oubers

Originally posted by wormywyrm

I will laugh until my sides turn red if blizzards new MMO is a sandbox and is a huge hit.  First MMOs are for 'hardcore gamers only' and not casual gamers.  Blizzard proves them wrong.  Now its 'nobody wants to make a sandbox because casual gamers don't like it'...  Prove them wrong Blizzard!!

i REALY hope you are right on this one.....i can dream cant i? hehe

But reality will be more like something e-sport/ladder kinda mmo me thinks.

They need something new to shine next to SC2 e-sports and wow pvp battlegrounds (hmm also e-sports).

They already showing (if you can listen closely in their interviews) that all their games (see also the upcomming D3) will include some form of e-sports.

I have nothing against this but it will always be TOO controlled by blizz......player content isnt under their controle and thereby will not happen.

So dont even think blizz will EVER make a sandbox.

My hopes are that Archeage will deliver some of the sandbox goods UO used to have. 

Yes, I agree 100%.  I was dreaming too...  Aside from the E-Sport thing, which is a great point, Blizzard has a certain feel to their games and I believe a sandbox would seriously break that.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Can someone link the 2011 Article that was like this so we can see what they got right and what didn't come to pass.

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Originally posted by Ozmodan

GW exercises far too much control over it's IP, just like LA, they poison everything they touch when it comes to on line games, they just don't understand the genre at all.  WH 40k will remain with two factions and go down in flames because of it.

This post does not quite make any sense. Yes, GW does hold their IP closely to their chest but it is not GW who told Vigil to make it two factions but Vigil itself (most likely because it's easier to make).

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Unless something goes terribly wrong I would estimate that GW2 will be released in the spring. Sept. seems a bit far off for a game entering closed beta.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Originally posted by Zyllos

Originally posted by Ozmodan

GW exercises far too much control over it's IP, just like LA, they poison everything they touch when it comes to on line games, they just don't understand the genre at all.  WH 40k will remain with two factions and go down in flames because of it.

This post does not quite make any sense. Yes, GW does hold their IP closely to their chest but it is not GW who told Vigil to make it two factions but Vigil itself (most likely because it's easier to make).

Not true, they insisted that WAR be two factions and insisted WH-40k be the same.  GW is the true problem here not the development staff in either instance.

• Cyberdeck7Cyberdeck7 Member UncommonPosts: 239

Originally posted by Maquiame

or asking why the game doesn't have FFA pvp, and I am gong to smile because this is not the game for either one of those groups. This is the game for the old school PC gamers 

Wrong - Old school PC Gamers can take a bullet without crying

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

You guys seem to be forgeting 

2012 will be the end of the world, lol except like the last 5 times the religons have said it they will finally relize that the tribes just got tired of making something they were never going to need.

• citadellicitadelli Member Posts: 36

No Planetside 2?  Looks pretty cool....

• mattdelamattdela Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by citadelli

No Planetside 2?  Looks pretty cool....

I know right? I believe Planetside 2 will do amazing, and set new standards for MMO's.

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Guild wars 2 will be released in 2012!?!?

How are we supposed tobelieve anything in this list..

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

I think that SWTOR will running strong as free to play by the end of 2012 or early 2013.  That is the only change to these predictions I would make.

LOL.  Simply hilarious.

This game has low long term playability due to its focus on story based content which will push them towards expanding their user base via strategies like F2P.  What is hilarious?

The tunnel vision some people are suffering from.

imageimage
  • slicknslim88slicknslim88 Member Posts: 394

I thought project Titan was the Pandaria expansion for WoW.  You think people just misunderstood Blizzard and there is no MMO that they are working on?  People just expect Blizzard to be working on a new MMO but they aren't?

Btw I've done shit research on this, so don't bother flaming me on this because I really REALLY don't care.

• n0nen0ne Member UncommonPosts: 3

THIS ARTICLE NEEDS MORE PLANETSIDE 2

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

1. Anybody who believes SWTOR is going to go F2P this year I would like a wager. This is going to be the mmo that is going to win the most subs at the end of the year. Mark my words

SWToR is already falling in subs, people leaving in masses. And it will be much worse for the game in future

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

Indie games are going to rule MMOs this year. Dominus is going to take the gaming world by storm and we will see a change back to what playing an MMO should be. We need to stop all the money making scams they are giving us called MMOs today. Some are not even worth the box price any longer.

Can't wait for Silent World and Planetside either. See that all 3 games mentioned are 3 faction MMOs.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

2012 wow 11' did go by fast.

For the list:

10: Great time to carry a gun while driving when this happens.

9: Facebook. Nice now we can update our "freinds" in the new mmo when we are taking a shit, all day every day 24/7 365 days a year. This will not go well long term.

8: MOBA's Hopefully and GOOD.

7: Also a great thing. Since indie studios are really the only ones worth a crap anymore.

6: It's FunCom. It will suck. Period. If you disagree fine..YOU buy it. I will wait and see.

5: This could be good.

4: This will cost this game a few  million gamer subs and attract a few million of the pokemon 10 year old crowd. Get out now while you still have some dignity as a human being.

3: This might be good. My gut tells me it will suck.

2: GOD I HOPE SO.

1: Who cares. Whne they officially say anything it will be to the tune of "We are making Titan ...that is all check back in 15 years for more information." Also there will be a cash shop and nothing meaningful in game.

2012 hopefuly will have more info about mechwarrior online and hopefully it wont suck ass. It is going to be a ftp game so it will probably suck. But heres to hopeing it doesn't.

And Archage. Maybe something will come out of Archage this year. That is the big one I am hoping for. That game looks better than all this western shit combined. Time will tell.

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

horrible guess....

titan wont be announced since there will be no blizzcon this year....

blizzard dont have anything else to show....

next blizzcon is in 2013 IF they have something to announce and probably Ptitan will be

• albaficassalbaficass Member Posts: 101

Originally posted by mindw0rk

1. Anybody who believes SWTOR is going to go F2P this year I would like a wager. This is going to be the mmo that is going to win the most subs at the end of the year. Mark my words

SWToR is already falling in subs, people leaving in masses. And it will be much worse for the game in future

the wow fangirls are leaving but believe me the game is doing FINE lol....

and no it will not be worse in the future its already got the first content and the next one is in 1-2 month MAJOR pvp content.

all the servers (eu) are all full except 1 or 2

the game is doing great and again as the other guy said if u think this game will fail or go f2p then dude keep dreaming.

It will gain more subs than loosing this year...no TSW,no TERA either that f2p crap gw2 wont stop it.