Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus?

Comments

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Hmm poor quality for some reason, but thats me asking in guild and the 'packed' alderaan if anyone was there basically.

Same everywhere.

Where shall i go next, pic a planet. There proof. Tadaaaaaa.

• ShivamShivam Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by Torgrim

Been reading a lot on these boards and on other gaming forums that people are leaving TOR before the free month is up, either be it at max level with fully geared toon players or people gotten bored before hitting max level.

Have any of you seen this on your server or less logins in your guild or friends stopped playing?

What other forums? source or link or anything? i can also put together a lot of rumors from all over the internet..doesn't mean much.

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty -- Mahatma Gandhi

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

All I can add with certainty is that 8 of us friends IRL bought the game and played it for 2 weeks and all 8 of us have already cancelled... All of us being gigantic star wars fans and bioware fans. Except Dragon Age 2 which was just laughably terrible in every way it could have been.

I think with Dragon Age 2 and this SWTOR both being failures to me. That Bioware has jumped the shark. They used to make games for gamers as gamers... Now they make games for money as corporate fat cats.

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Thornrage

Originally posted by RedKatana

It's not that I don't like Star Wars cause I love the movies but I choose not to play a Sci Fi MMORPG and if all these are right before the free month people allready leaving then this is going to be ugly reminds me Age of Conan.

That's right, Age of Conan was a failure. That is why it is still a game you can buy and play. That is why I spent 3 years having fun in the AoC universe. Been hearing that AoC was a failure for almost 4 years now. Want a failure? How about Tabula Rasa or Auto Assault or Hellgate ... those were failures.

AoC failed hard, but I had some of the best times with my friends leveling in that game. The open PVP was amazing until you realized how futile it all was.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Didn't take long for this over popular nerd term to get used, did it?

Seems to me most of the doomsayers are basing their facts on opinions they read on forums such as these. It's like the blind leading the blind. People who say their servers are dying or "dwindling" are missing the bigger picture of how mmo launches work, especially when they launch right BEFORE a major holiday. You are going to see a huge spike, and it will slowly taper off as more people settle into a routine and are back at work or school. Anyone who expected the servers to stay at 500+ queue for months were not thinking clearly. Bioware has expanded the servers capacity, that along with the holidays past us, it is clear why the servers are where they should be.

This is also the reason why bioware did not release 500 servers at the start and let the game crash and burn Ala Warhammer/AoC.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Originally posted by orsonstfu

All I can add with certainty is that 8 of us friends IRL bought the game and played it for 2 weeks and all 8 of us have already cancelled... All of us being gigantic star wars fans and bioware fans. Except Dragon Age 2 which was just laughably terrible in every way it could have been.

I think with Dragon Age 2 and this SWTOR both being failures to me. That Bioware has jumped the shark. They used to make games for gamers as gamers... Now they make games for money as corporate fat cats.

I've been saying for a while now they need to get back to their roots a la Baldur's Gate. But I guess Atari has the Baldur's Gate license, so lets call it Baldy's Door for now.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• MesfenlirMesfenlir Member Posts: 208

I am sorry for being so pesimistic.

I am a pvp player. This evening I saw a friend of mine (level 50) in ilium doing some "Pvp".

There was a cannon, a big one. He got a quest to destroy it. There was another republic player (he is empire) , that player allowed my friend to freely destroy the cannon, right after, the republican repaired the cannon.

I asked my friend what were they both doing, he told me : "That is for the quest man, he is happy to finish it, so I am"

I played warhammer for so long that I almost puke seeing that atrocity.

Later on we saw another republican player that apparently was still on his bike. I asked my friend to go after him, but as he approached we saw that he was afk so he didn´t do anything. "There is no point killing him, no rewards if I kill him" sayed my friend.

I know there are going to improve the pvp (suppose) but still...

Going back to warhammer online, yes its dead I know, but I have fun doing pvp there.

Those of you that really like this game, enjoy it. It can be a decent pve game if they improve many things.

Good luck all.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Im probably going to just finish out my month then move on to better things .

Life is too short to waste time playing 1 game for too long unles the game was amazing that is.

This game was fun to play however it never had that omg I NEED to play this game factor , I kinda just logged in when I was bored .

• sirphobossirphobos Member UncommonPosts: 620

Originally posted by Mesfenlir

I am a pvp player. This evening I saw a friend of mine (level 50) in ilium doing some "Pvp".

There was a cannon, a big one. He got a quest to destroy it. There was another republic player (he is empire) , that player allowed my friend to freely destroy the cannon, right after, the republican repaired the cannon.

I asked my friend what were they both doing, he told me : "That is for the quest man, he is happy to finish it, so I am"

Later on we saw another republican player that apparently was still on his bike. I asked my friend to go after him, but as he approached we saw that he was afk so he didn´t do anything. "There is no point killing him, no rewards if I kill him" sayed my friend.

Going back to warhammer online, yes its dead I know, but I have fun doing pvp there.

Those of you that really like this game, enjoy it. It can be a decent pve game if they improve many things.

Good luck all.

Yes Ilum PvP is stupid right now, and yes, the daily/weekly quests for it are getting changed this month so that they actually require engaging in PvP to complete.

Good luck all.

You speak of warhammer so highly, but I was there for launch and 3 months after it launched. the "pvp" you say warhammer has now must be amazing compared to when I played. Warhammer barely had enough people on their servers for pvp. You also seem to forget the class they did not add till way later, and the horrible lag and bugs that the game was full of.

PVP was barely playable past tier3. Why do people forget so easily what a MMO is like when it launches? SWTOR hands down is not a PVP centric game as warhammer claimed to be, yet it still does circles around warhammer in almost every way PVE and PVP. Give SWTOR time to grow and it will surpass anything warhammer has to show for in due time.

~ ~

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Grailer

Im probably going to just finish out my month then move on to better things .

Life is too short to waste time playing 1 game for too long unles the game was amazing that is.

This game was fun to play however it never had that omg I NEED to play this game factor , I kinda just logged in when I was bored .

same thing happened to all my friends from work.. I'm still the only one that plays almost daily.. the rest either quit or play only a few hours on the weekend

Its UK prime time on a friday and im the only guild member online, my tally of seeing other people is at 2, one ironically was on my friends list :O.

I would switch servers, but apparenly its 'Heavy', i got the short straw i think, never had a group, won a wwarzone or spoke more than few lines of chat to anyone who answers back. wtf :/

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Player count is only rising currently. It is plateau of course but we will have to wait and see if this simply slows or actually reverses.

Every single server right now is maturing nicely. Only a few hotspots remain with queue issues. Lower level planets look busy now and Fleet is packed and bustling. On my server there are even enough people at night to start warfronts and even try get groups going at times. I look forward to when Bioware drops phasing once the level base spreads out on more mature servers.

Game isn't without issues in many areas but the vast majority of them are typicaly new release growing pains. Devs for the most part are saying the right things about how they want to address many of the issues. As long as I and all my friends keep having fun, we'll most certainly stick around for some time.

You stay sassy!

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I think it really depends on player mentality on whether the player quits or not.  Believe it or not, there are  a TON of fluff collectibles/content that people can do.  Sure not all of them give epic gears but I mean..come on o.o  I finished Tomba 1 and 2 100% and I didnt do it to get overpoweredly powerful.  I finished it 100% because I found it enjoyable and liked the game. 

I already have a bunch of stuff I wanna do when I reach 50 and even more stuff I wanna do while Im levelling.  Stuff like collecting orange gear sets, codex entries, datacrons (WITHOUT USING WEBSITES) and other such stuff.  I swear whenever I see people go collecting datacrons while following guides, I die a little inside. Explore for  it yourself you noob!

Anyways umm..Yah! The game definitely has enough content to last me quite some time.  Prolly not for people who want to get the best pieces of gear and go to the next game to get the best pieces of gear...  If you want something like that, try Dungeon Defenders.  I remember over the course of 3 weeks, they increased the best gear you can find like...8 times?  Started with 30 upgrades being best then 50 upgrades then 60 upgrades then 70 upgrades then 90 upgrades then 100+ upgrades and I think theyre on 130 upgrades now... 

Hard to play for fun because everyones like ZOMFG MUST FARM FOR THE BEST PIECES OF GEAR BEFORE THEY INTRODUCE THE NEXT ONE!!!! o.O Which I think is the usual mmorpg player mentality? Im not sure x.x

IMO the people who wants to be rewarded with the super l33t mega awesome gear are quitting because unless it gives better gear, its useless and theres no point to it and its pretty easy to get the best gear in this game...  Le sigh..Wha ever happened to the time when people actually did things for fun...  Oh right theyre on the RP servers!

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Originally posted by Castillle

I think it really depends on player mentality on whether the player quits or not.  Believe it or not, there are  a TON of fluff collectibles/content that people can do.  Sure not all of them give epic gears but I mean..come on o.o  I finished Tomba 1 and 2 100% and I didnt do it to get overpoweredly powerful.  I finished it 100% because I found it enjoyable and liked the game. 

I already have a bunch of stuff I wanna do when I reach 50 and even more stuff I wanna do while Im levelling.  Stuff like collecting orange gear sets, codex entries, datacrons (WITHOUT USING WEBSITES) and other such stuff.  I swear whenever I see people go collecting datacrons while following guides, I die a little inside. Explore for  it yourself you noob!

Anyways umm..Yah! The game definitely has enough content to last me quite some time.  Prolly not for people who want to get the best pieces of gear and go to the next game to get the best pieces of gear...  If you want something like that, try Dungeon Defenders.  I remember over the course of 3 weeks, they increased the best gear you can find like...8 times?  Started with 30 upgrades being best then 50 upgrades then 60 upgrades then 70 upgrades then 90 upgrades then 100+ upgrades and I think theyre on 130 upgrades now... 

Hard to play for fun because everyones like ZOMFG MUST FARM FOR THE BEST PIECES OF GEAR BEFORE THEY INTRODUCE THE NEXT ONE!!!! o.O Which I think is the usual mmorpg player mentality? Im not sure x.x

IMO the people who wants to be rewarded with the super l33t mega awesome gear are quitting because unless it gives better gear, its useless and theres no point to it and its pretty easy to get the best gear in this game...  Le sigh..Wha ever happened to the time when people actually did things for fun...  Oh right theyre on the RP servers!

Holy hell I just got Pink crit!

You stay sassy!

• orsonstfuorsonstfu Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Castillle

Actually Dungeon Defenders is up to 257 upgrades that can legitly drop. The quickly increasing drop quality is completely if it already hasn't ruined the game.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

Many people are playing it as a RPG not a MMO

Its a good RPG

Its a average seen it all before MMO

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

Originally posted by Jarazar

I can't wait until the free 30 days expires. Then the ToR players can take over the official ToR forums. I won't even go there since it is nothing but trolling.

People have posted this, almost word for word, about many failed mmos.

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154

Originally posted by Vegetto

Its UK prime time on a friday and im the only guild member online, my tally of seeing other people is at 2, one ironically was on my friends list :O.

I would switch servers, but apparenly its 'Heavy', i got the short straw i think, never had a group, won a wwarzone or spoke more than few lines of chat to anyone who answers back. wtf :/

I play on a US pvp server, twin spires... It's busy all round the clock.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Originally posted by orsonstfu

Actually Dungeon Defenders is up to 257 upgrades that can legitly drop. The quickly increasing drop quality is completely if it already hasn't ruined the game.

Thats a lot.  I quit when it was on the 100 upgrades mark.  At that point, it was near impossible to find people to play with because everyone was LolFarmingUberMonsterFest. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Originally posted by nikoliath

I think thats the case for most people here, US servers are awesome it seems. I keep speaking in general and nothing, says theres 50 people in zone? i posted a screenie a page or two back. None of my guild logon anymore, was a premade too and all good group, they just stopped playing after two weeks.

I've been playing from 7:30pm til now, 10pm GMT, and not a single person has spoken, even on fleet, which has 100 people in zone.

Im puzzled, surely they aren't mute, im seriously swear on my life not making this up, i can post a screenie from any planet, its been days like this :/

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by nikoliath

I think thats the case for most people here, US servers are awesome it seems. I keep speaking in general and nothing, says theres 50 people in zone? i posted a screenie a page or two back. None of my guild logon anymore, was a premade too and all good group, they just stopped playing after two weeks.

I've been playing from 7:30pm til now, 10pm GMT, and not a single person has spoken, even on fleet, which has 100 people in zone.

Im puzzled, surely they aren't mute, im seriously swear on my life not making this up, i can post a screenie from any planet, its been days like this :/

Two possibilities:

- either your specific server is just exception

- USA folks found SWTOR to be more to their liking , than general EU population of players

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697

Originally posted by pandrax

Good luck all.

You speak of warhammer so highly, but I was there for launch and 3 months after it launched. the "pvp" you say warhammer has now must be amazing compared to when I played. Warhammer barely had enough people on their servers for pvp. You also seem to forget the class they did not add till way later, and the horrible lag and bugs that the game was full of.

PVP was barely playable past tier3. Why do people forget so easily what a MMO is like when it launches? SWTOR hands down is not a PVP centric game as warhammer claimed to be, yet it still does circles around warhammer in almost every way PVE and PVP. Give SWTOR time to grow and it will surpass anything warhammer has to show for in due time.

I think it was wrong to exhume WAR-corpse to this thread, but pandrax... you weren't on Eltharion, were you?

The 1st server (I was there, where's my T-shirt?) in EU to take over fortress. We almost got Maw earlier, but the game and the server just couldn't handle approximately 1000 players in a fort and decided to crash.

WAR had it, it was Massive-MMO-Massive-MMO-PVP. If their engine/hardware could've just handled those massive scale battles and it wouldn't have been a blatant WoW-clone (except the PvP part) the game would still be the MMOPvPers heaven.

And I strongly doubt SW:TOR will ever be able to take massive PvP battles. The way they use shards (phasing, instances, w/e) certainly doesn't support that.

P.S. There's no nostalgy in this, I just visited WAR today (14 days free for old players). And I warn you, don't go there. Without players and in it's todays form it's dead and stinks.

P.P.S. This game won't have it's Mass Exodus yet. Although all signs I read are suggesting it won't grow much more for now or at all.

• scrahnscrahn Member Posts: 23

I also experienced 90% of the guild becomming inactive -- but turned out they were just all on their Alts :P