Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus?

Comments

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Originally posted by Icewhite

How many times has the mass exodus from WoW ever happened, and how many times has doom been predicted?

This isn't wow we are talking about though.

No, we're talking about a game that had a larger subscription base than WoW at launch.  The doom and gloom posts from people on this board who hope this game fails are laughable.

we are also talking about a game that isn't big in china. if you don't like doom and gloom posts why the hell to you come to mmorpg.com

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Been playing since EA day 1, tier 1.  Early access numbers for Tython were between 20-80.  Coruscant was anywhere between 60-90.  Today before  logged (non-peak hours) Tython was around 34, Coruscant was around 67.  Those numbers fall well within the norms and certainly during non-peak hours are nothing to scoff at.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Torgrim
    Been reading a lot on these boards and on other gaming forums that people are leaving TOR before the free month is up, either be it at max level with fully geared toon players or people gotten bored before hitting max level.
    Have any of you seen this on your server or less logins in your guild or friends stopped playing?

Nope. The numbers are actually increasing in the group of people I hang with.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Thank goodness.  Enjoy your not-playing!

i will laugh my ass off once you start talking negatively about the game, it's definitely on the horizon.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

cant be big in asia it asnt been released in asia

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

{mod edit}

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

ya!!! so I don't have to play with the ku-fu Panda's

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

Originally posted by Hrica

ya!!! so I don't have to play with the ku-fu Panda's

Teras-Kasi Ewoks!

{mod edit}

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665

Originally posted by Cthulhu23

How many times has the mass exodus from WoW ever happened, and how many times has doom been predicted?

No, we're talking about a game that had a larger subscription base than WoW at launch.  The doom and gloom posts from people on this board who hope this game fails are laughable.

You're also talking about a game that released into a far bigger market. I'd say that proportionately WoW's launch was far bigger because the market it released into was much smaller. When WoW launched it rivaled the top MMO. SWTOR on the other hand is far from rivaling WoW(top MMO).

I don't think people hope this game fails as much as they want it to become clear to other developers that simply copying the WoW model and dumping something on top(in this case VO) isn't going to cut it.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by lizardbones

Is 'unjured' another word I'm going to have to look up? It's bad enough I have to go looking for things like the 'True Scotsman', 'Strawman' or 'Tu Quoque'.

Naw, it's just a nonsense word for "sorry, failed to score".

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

Originally posted by Arkinia

Been reading a lot on these boards and on other gaming forums that people are leaving TOR before the free month is up, either be it at max level with fully geared toon players or people gotten bored before hitting max level.

Have any of you seen this on your server or less logins in your guild or friends stopped playing?

I wouldn't site this forum as a serious resource. 

QFT

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• DredphyreDredphyre Member Posts: 601

I don't know about mass exodus, but after being on the fence since my beta experience, I've just purchased the game.  The thing that pushed me over the edge were all the h8ers trying to pan this MMO with their obvious metagame of negative pr that I realized SWTOR is actually pretty good and these h8ers are afraid of its success.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I am just laughing eating my popcorn , and watching all my crystal ball predicted come before me....

I cant wait to get all those posts certain fanboys stated "I will save this post so i can resurect it later , and show you how wrong you were"

heh

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123

No, my guild is growing everyday, whats the point people?, really. haters everywhere trying to make swtor looks bad, bored and a huge fail. Is the most succesful launch in the MMO history, the population is not droping is growing, ya some people will quit, but thats less than the 10%. cant wait till the end of the freetime so all the haters can eat their own words ONCE AGAIN.   

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by Jarazar

I can't wait until the free 30 days expires. Then the ToR players can take over the official ToR forums. I won't even go there since it is nothing but trolling.

Wont make a difference.  Ever seen the Rift boards?  Some people seem to pay to complain, and then when legit complaints are posted they got jumped all over.

True...SWG was full of paying gripers.

• Voracity2325Voracity2325 Member Posts: 40

That awkward moment when you use latin words to make yourself sound intelligent, but misspell a common English word and try to cover it up with some bullshit.

For most people, character development and personal story ends upon clicking "Log in" if not "Start Game"

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

I find it sad there are so many people who waste their lives trying to convince people they do not know, on what they should and should not play. It's almost to the point it's getting pathetic, and mmorpg does nothing to stop the flame wars that most of these trolls cause. about 80% of the players who believe SWTOR should be abolished are ex SWG players who feel they should be playing a star wars game built as if it were SWG 2.0.

It's never going to happen, and I really question these forums nowadays, mainly because they are so full of hatred by a select few and are allowed to repeatdly troll an entire forum.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by DarkPony

Nope. And when I made some alts a few days ago, the starting worlds were even more crowded compared to pre-launch. My server is brimming with people of all level ranges at the moment.

This^

Origin worlds are PACKED with players creating new characters on a regular basis. Activity in my guild has only increased since launch, we have more people (many of them ex WoW players) trickling in everyday.

There are players in all level ranges, plenty of people to group with, and plenty of things to do.

The players leaving now, are the players who never intended to stay in the first place.

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Lobotomist

I am just laughing eating my popcorn , and watching all my crystal ball predicted come before me....

I cant wait to get all those posts certain fanboys stated "I will save this post so i can resurect it later , and show you how wrong you were"

heh

Predictions.. hilarious. 

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Sarcasm aside, is anyone here playing on Hex Droid?

The full EU-PvP server? There is seriously something fucked up with it. Either my chat is bugged or ...i don't know.

Is 'unjured' another word I'm going to have to look up? It's bad enough I have to go looking for things like the 'True Scotsman', 'Strawman' or 'Tu Quoque'.
    Naw, it's just a nonsense word for "sorry, failed to score".

Because I did look it up and the closest I could find was 'jured' in the Urban Dictionary...which is just short for 'injured'. I would rather be playing SWToR right now.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

pressing enter usally fix chat issue(or press control-u 2 time)

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Because I did look it up and the closest I could find was 'jured' in the Urban Dictionary...which is just short for 'injured'. I would rather be playing SWToR right now.

Me too.

But some things are coming out in this thread!  We need a few more alts up in here.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

Originally posted by pandrax

I find it sad there are so many people who waste their lives trying to convince people they do not know, on what they should and should not play. It's almost to the point it's getting pathetic, and mmorpg does nothing to stop the flame wars that most of these trolls cause. about 80% of the players who believe SWTOR should be abolished are ex SWG players who feel they should be playing a star wars game built as if it were SWG 2.0.

It's never going to happen, and I really question these forums nowadays, mainly because they are so full of hatred by a select few and are allowed to repeatdly troll an entire forum.

You write a post that assumes something.. you say negative things and even toss out insults.   Then you complain that site allows trolling?   Seriously?

If someone posts they like a game a bunch of people descend on them to tell them their opinion is wrong.

If someone doesn't like a game... they are a former swg player.. a hater.. a troll or hope the game fails.

Much logic you have.  (yes I meant to word it like that).

Maybe people are sick of the same old game being released.. yet even then it descends into some discussion about WoW even tho WoW didn't invent the mechanic people are sick of.

There are few new MMO releases and most of them are relatively the same game.   Yep TOR said exactly what it would be but that doesn't make people wrong for wanting something else in a very stagnant market.

Nor does it make them former swg players, haters or trolls by default.   Just as your opinion is no more fact than someone else, nor is it more important.

People who are enjoying a game should be off playing it... people in general come to forums becuase they have an issue or are bored.   Which is pretty much why its the same chat as /general.

oh and yes it amazes me how much time people enjoying a game have... to troll forums in defense or a product they didn't create and have no stake it... nor is their enjoyment diminished because someone else doesn't like it.