Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mass Exodus?

TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Been reading a lot on these boards and on other gaming forums that people are leaving TOR before the free month is up, either be it at max level with fully geared toon players or people gotten bored before hitting max level.

Have any of you seen this on your server or less logins in your guild or friends stopped playing?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Comments

• ArkiniaArkinia Member Posts: 251

Originally posted by Torgrim

Been reading a lot on these boards and on other gaming forums that people are leaving TOR before the free month is up, either be it at max level with fully geared toon players or people gotten bored before hitting max level.

Have any of you seen this on your server or less logins in your guild or friends stopped playing?

I wouldn't site this forum as a serious resource. 

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Nope. And when I made some alts a few days ago, the starting worlds were even more crowded compared to pre-launch. My server is brimming with people of all level ranges at the moment.

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

^^ What he said.

This site is not to be unbias, you always have people ready to jump the gun and say a game has failed or won almost immediately after launch. We're still in the first month, we'll have a good idea of the core playerbase when people start paying.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

90% (accurate figure) of my guild have stopped logging in.

I know this for a fact as not only have me or the other couple people not seen them, but their levels haven't changed. All stopped around levels 16-25. All around last week.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by Arkinia

Originally posted by Torgrim

I wouldn't site this forum as a serious resource. 

No Forum about a video game, especially an mmo can be used as a serious resource

Obviously if you purchased the game and are enjoying it you are too busy having fun and playing to come post on forums.

If you didnt like the game and now have nothing to do your prolly going to go to a forum to bash it.

C

• FrostWolfieFrostWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 54

The only problem with people i have is the fact that there is so many about that they're stealing my kills and thus, stealing my precious exp! So there's lots and lots of people about and the guild im in has several level 50's constantly playing and lots of activity from our lower levels as well.

I guess its just the servers some of these people are on, but the two servers i play on always has tons of people about.

• cscurlockcscurlock Member Posts: 38

Well not a fanboi or anything but usually Star Wars MMOs last a very long time according to history.

• JarazarJarazar Member Posts: 231

I can't wait until the free 30 days expires. Then the ToR players can take over the official ToR forums. I won't even go there since it is nothing but trolling.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by DarkPony

Nope. And when I made some alts a few days ago, the starting worlds were even more crowded compared to pre-launch. My server is brimming with people of all level ranges at the moment.

Yep.

90+ people in off hours on Tython and Coruscant on my alt.

100+ people Tatooine/Alderaan on my main.

Helped a friend do some class quests on Nar Shadaa, 60+ people.

Even more Imperial side.

People need to just shut up and STOP all the doom and gloom. Even if TOR loses 50% of it's subscribers, it'll still be the 2nd biggest MMO in the west and extremely profitable.

If people rushed to 50 and got bored it's their own problem.

Doesn't say anything about the game or the state of the game. Anyone with a 50 who leaves will probably come back because of patches and content updates. Has been the same story in WoW for 8 years.

What will those TOR players go back to? WoW? Rift? Lol I can't imagine going back to either after playing TOR.

Will they wait till GW2 or TSW? No, they'll be back to TOR because if they are already 50 they are MMO addicts.

Stop. Just.. stop.

I see 100's of people on every planet i goto.

I actually see maybe 2 at most every few hours.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by Jarazar

I can't wait until the free 30 days expires. Then the ToR players can take over the official ToR forums. I won't even go there since it is nothing but trolling.

Wont make a difference.  Ever seen the Rift boards?  Some people seem to pay to complain, and then when legit complaints are posted they got jumped all over.

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Originally posted by BadSpock

Originally posted by DarkPony

Yep.

90+ people in off hours on Tython and Coruscant on my alt.

100+ people Tatooine/Alderaan on my main.

Helped a friend do some class quests on Nar Shadaa, 60+ people.

Even more Imperial side.

People need to just shut up and STOP all the doom and gloom. Even if TOR loses 50% of it's subscribers, it'll still be the 2nd biggest MMO in the west and extremely profitable.

If people rushed to 50 and got bored it's their own problem.

Doesn't say anything about the game or the state of the game. Anyone with a 50 who leaves will probably come back because of patches and content updates. Has been the same story in WoW for 8 years.

What will those TOR players go back to? WoW? Rift? Lol I can't imagine going back to either after playing TOR.

Will they wait till GW2 or TSW? No, they'll be back to TOR because if they are already 50 they are MMO addicts.

Stop. Just.. stop.

Away with your calm logic and reason. These forums are no place for such qualities!!!

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by teakbois

Originally posted by Vegetto

{mod edit}

Post a screenie, i'll post a screenie, and we will see who's right.

Bare in mind, yours is much harder to prove. I haven't seen or spoken to a person in days.

Hex droid, check it out, that's the server, try any planet except fleet.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

Originally posted by Vegetto

I think hes still trying to play SWG shhhh dont tell him 

C

• PoufPouf Member Posts: 341

i'm an officer on a guild on Veela and we are more everyday, and the number of persons asking for recruiting on my site just go up and not down, i can't play all i do is manage :(

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

they dont holiday is over they cant just stay 24 hour 7 days a week online lol!they do like they do in other game they try to do 2 or 3 time a week session when their better half (be it mom dad or husband and wife allow it!)

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

The thing is.. does it matter?

If you like the game you will keep playing... if you don't like the game you will not keep playing.

If you are an employee of EA/Bioware or an investor you might care.. but there are better places to express concern or delight.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Couldn't tell yah, I already quit ;).

That aside, I don't think that SWTOR is going to spectacularly crash and burn after the first month.  I don't think it has that much longevity though.  It will probably have a lot of subscribers for several months...years though, I doubt.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• GunnJDGunnJD Member UncommonPosts: 18

All the trolling and doom & gloom is just weird at this point. 

The game is fun, it's going to be a hit, lots of people are going to play it. 

Why do you care what other people are doing? Just play it if you like it, or don't. 

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

How many times has the mass exodus from WoW ever happened, and how many times has doom been predicted?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

I cancelled my sub aswell and wont even play out my free 30 days, first time i've done that with an mmo.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Originally posted by Icewhite

How many times has the mass exodus from WoW ever happened, and how many times has doom been predicted?

This isn't wow we are talking about though.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Granted, but I could say the same thing about Rift, WAR, or AoC :).

Anyway, I'm not saying that a mass exodus will definitely happen.  I'm just saying that we don't know at this point, and it's all speculation.  There are decent arguments both for and against a mass exodus.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by nerovipus32

Thank goodness.  Enjoy your not-playing!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Cthulhu23Cthulhu23 Member Posts: 994

Originally posted by nerovipus32

No, we're talking about a game that had a larger subscription base than WoW at launch.  The doom and gloom posts from people on this board who hope this game fails are laughable.