Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red5 Studios moving domains away from GoDaddy because of GoDaddy stance on SOPA

YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Full info there:
http://www.firefallthegame.com/community/threads/red-5-transfers-domains-away-from-godaddy.15032/

What is SOPA? This explains quite well

Its nice to see people and companies having head and heart in the right places, unlike certain other companies who support this monstrosity of undermining democracy *cough*sony*cough*ea*cough*

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
# A MASKED CRY ADORING
# A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

Comments

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Bravo, Red 5.  I was planning to buy Firefall anyway, but it's nice to know the company I'm supporting is on the right side of this issue. 

• RoyalkinRoyalkin Member UncommonPosts: 267

As a web design professional I sometimes have to deal with GoDaddy on a client's behalf, however for my personal web presence, I have never used them, and I never will. I find their backend infrastructure tedious and stupid.

• coolgycoolgy Member UncommonPosts: 61

After 'listening to their customers', aka the lint in their wallets, they(godaddy) not longer support SOPA.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

It's alarming that a company like GoDaddy who relies so heavily on the internet would ever support SOPA in it's current form.

It's a PR backpedal and it's nice to see that Red5 is still moving hosts.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Originally posted by coolgy

After 'listening to their customers', aka the lint in their wallets, they(godaddy) not longer support SOPA.

Link?

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392

Originally posted by karmath

Originally posted by coolgy

Link?

http://www.fiercecio.com/techwatch/story/godaddy-backpedals-sopa-support-users-vote-their-feet/2012-01-03